Page 54 of 492

Discount for b.y.o.p.

Posted: Jun 26th, 2013 6:58 pm
by llbgal
I am going to be a new activation with rogers. I intend to get the $20 voice plan. I an bringing my own phone.... am i entitled to an additional discount?

Re: Rogers Corp 350 Plan (EXPIRED but post here to discuss this plan only)

Posted: Jun 26th, 2013 10:21 pm
by rageguy
quanvon wrote:
Jun 25th, 2013 4:26 pm
On my agreement (I work for St. Paul's Hospital in Vancouver) it shows the following under plan number:

CUS36257M - I believe this is for the $20 voice only (as each listed separately and showing 36 month agreement)
BBDSRA0QX - I believe this is for the 5gb data portion (as each listed separately and showing 36 month agreement)
This post contains correct information. To get the corporate plan, you have to call Rogers Business at 18667272141. They are not 24/7 so call during the day. Then when you mention you want to change to a corporate plan, you will need a corporate code. The code supplied in this thread BCBRECMV is valid, but is meant for BC Crown Corporation, like ICBC, Hospitals and so on. This BCBRECMV code just shows that you have eligibility to continue forward. If you are lucky the rep may not even ask you for the code. Then to get the actual plans, you need to supply the plan code itself. The plan codes quoted above are valid as well. They begin with CUS. Sometimes you are not asked for the plan code because the rep can totally look up the plan. There are only 3 main ones right now - voice only, voice + 500mb, voice + 5gb.

The plan will change after Sunday. So if you want in, you must do it now. I cannot disclose what will change.

Posted: Jun 26th, 2013 10:27 pm
by asdfvtn
llbgal wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 6:58 pm
I am going to be a new activation with rogers. I intend to get the $20 voice plan. I an bringing my own phone.... am i entitled to an additional discount?
I do not think so. BYOB-%10 discount doesn't apply to corporate plans.

Posted: Jun 26th, 2013 10:30 pm
by Steack
I showed at the Rogers Plus at Carrefour Laval. The rep had no clue of what I was talking about, he had to call another office on the phone and they told him I need a MSD code.
I am 100% eligible to this offer but just cannot have it as I do not have a MSD code ):

Anyone in Montreal managed to get it in-store? Which one?

Posted: Jun 26th, 2013 11:15 pm
by Agent
Down the road is it possible to port in an existing number from a different carrier to swap out a number that I have associated with this plan at this time?

Posted: Jun 26th, 2013 11:15 pm
by quanvon
geokilla wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 12:03 am
So I called Rogers again to double check, and again they told me that I can only get the corporate plan if I transfer the account over to my dad. However, OP says anyone is eligible as long as a family member is eligible. So... Anyone?
I never mentioned anything about someone being eligible as long as their family member is eligible. Pretty much anybody (doesn't have to be a family member) could trchnically sign up as long as it's under the eligible person's account. You'd have to sign up under the eligible person's name. Signed up an account for hubby but bill is in my name. New line also in my name.
geokilla wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 12:03 am
Also, let's assume the account has to be under my dad's name. My dad can pretend to live at my house, thus using my address and credit card correct?
they ask for ID including driver's license, not sure how picky they'd be although you could use a different mailing address than your dad's. I think you'd have better luck if you go into a store and deal with someone in person and if you're there along with your dad they'd probably let you use your own c/c without having to pretend. If not you can use your dsd's and just swap it later. They usually just take your c/c number and expiry date.

Posted: Jun 26th, 2013 11:21 pm
by quanvon
whitestar wrote:
Jun 25th, 2013 5:37 pm
Exact pricing = per second billing after the first minute apparently.
ah thanks. Although the ad only mentioned per second billing nothing about per second after first minute although the website mentioned after the first minute. When I emailed James he confirmed it was just plain per second, although I don't know that I believe that.

Posted: Jun 26th, 2013 11:24 pm
by kootenayguy9
I was able to get the 50 deal here in Alberta being a teacher with 5 gb ...... Wife phones in an hour later ..... Gets the same plan but keeps her 6 gb of data .....FYI wife has never gone over 1 gb yet.

Posted: Jun 26th, 2013 11:56 pm
by JC69
HowEver wrote:
Jun 25th, 2013 10:29 am
Does anyone have the MSD code for Ontario universities?
Contact your university rogers corporate rep.

Posted: Jun 27th, 2013 12:39 am
by weedb0y
JC69 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 11:56 pm
Contact your university rogers corporate rep.
Easier said than done

Posted: Jun 27th, 2013 4:42 am
by miss_swan
rageguy wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 10:21 pm
This post contains correct information. To get the corporate plan, you have to call Rogers Business at 18667272141. They are not 24/7 so call during the day. Then when you mention you want to change to a corporate plan, you will need a corporate code. The code supplied in this thread BCBRECMV is valid, but is meant for BC Crown Corporation, like ICBC, Hospitals and so on. This BCBRECMV code just shows that you have eligibility to continue forward. If you are lucky the rep may not even ask you for the code. Then to get the actual plans, you need to supply the plan code itself. The plan codes quoted above are valid as well. They begin with CUS. Sometimes you are not asked for the plan code because the rep can totally look up the plan. There are only 3 main ones right now - voice only, voice + 500mb, voice + 5gb.

The plan will change after Sunday. So if you want in, you must do it now. I cannot disclose what will change.
Two questions (apologies if the second one has already been asked):

- will these changes be "for the better" or "for the worse"?

- if I already have a corp plan and just want to change the voice to the new one ... will the rep automatically know from my account? Or do I still have to provide a code?

I already provided my pay stub (and my wife's as well) proving my corp eligibility when I got my s3 last summer. I have no idea what my code would be apart from possibly the code you provided. I'm PHSA (Provincial Gov't)

Thank you.

Posted: Jun 27th, 2013 5:33 am
by rageguy
miss_swan wrote:
Jun 27th, 2013 4:42 am
Two questions (apologies if the second one has already been asked):

- will these changes be "for the better" or "for the worse"?

- if I already have a corp plan and just want to change the voice to the new one ... will the rep automatically know from my account? Or do I still have to provide a code?

I already provided my pay stub (and my wife's as well) proving my corp eligibility when I got my s3 last summer. I have no idea what my code would be apart from possibly the code you provided. I'm PHSA (Provincial Gov't)

Thank you.
Better or worse is subjective. Some features are added. Some are removed.

It depends on the rep you get. Some are not so nice and will demand for a code. Some don't even care. The code posted is for BC Crown Corp. I don't know if PHSA falls under Crown, but pretty much no rep can tell that anyway. So even if you use the code posted, high chance the rep can't tell. Besides, provincial health services sound pretty BC Public Sector to me.

Posted: Jun 27th, 2013 8:01 am
by Kimberlee1
Hey Everybody, need some help deciding between my old plan which expires Oct. 2015 or switching to the CORP 350 Plan.
I have now:

6G Super Plan @ $60.00 - $15.00 discount = $45.00
My10 Canadawide Talk & Text
200 daytime minutes + 100 bonus
Unlimited incoming
Unlimited texting and mms video and pictures
iPhone Value Pack @ $12.79 - 50% = $6.40
Unlimited Canadian Long Distance @ $10.00 - $10.00
Total month = $51.40 + HST

What do you think. How hard will it be in a couple of years to get credits.......I really need the Canadian Long Distance option, so the Corp 350 Plan would cost me $55.00 per month. Thanks for an thoughts.

Posted: Jun 27th, 2013 8:11 am
by vinnie1990
Kimberlee1 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2013 8:01 am
Hey Everybody, need some help deciding between my old plan which expires Oct. 2015 or switching to the CORP 350 Plan.
I have now:

6G Super Plan @ $60.00 - $15.00 discount = $45.00
My10 Canadawide Talk & Text
200 daytime minutes + 100 bonus
Unlimited incoming
Unlimited texting and mms video and pictures
iPhone Value Pack @ $12.79 - 50% = $6.40
Unlimited Canadian Long Distance @ $10.00 - $10.00
Total month = $51.40 + HST

What do you think. How hard will it be in a couple of years to get credits.......I really need the Canadian Long Distance option, so the Corp 350 Plan would cost me $55.00 per month. Thanks for an thoughts.
you will have a hard time getting all those discounts again... They will give you the reason that a lot of those options are no longer in market plans and etc. I would say switching to the new corp plan where you don't need to negotiate would be beneficial... but who knows... it depends on wheter you like calling and renegotiating tbh.

Posted: Jun 27th, 2013 8:43 am
by heredago
The business department is asking me for a 9 digit "ROOBAN" code (english) AKA "numéro de compte regroupé" (french) ???

They say that they can't even process to the MSD code witouth having that ROOBAN code ? I guess I'm just gonna call back right away.

UPDATE: I called back and call got dropped, then called again and added the plan to my next billing cycle (july 3rd),agent took my employee ID and work email address. he only changed my old $17 voice plan to the new $20 voice plan, my 6GB $30 data plan is supposed to stay untouched