Page 343 of 382

Re: Rogers Corp 350 Plan (EXPIRED but post here to discuss this plan only)

Posted: Nov 8th, 2015 10:44 am
by spinningpiledriver
Can anyonein Edmonton hup corp350?

I'm in Ontario

Posted: Nov 8th, 2015 2:44 pm
by Doritolover
I am in Ontario and work for the federal government. I have the $60 plan ($75 with a $15 credit) for unlimited Canada wide calling and 3GB. Caller ID, name display and vvm included. I can get a hup on this plan.

If I were to get a share everything plan BYOD, it would be $52.50 for unlimited Canada wide and 2.5GB ($75 with a 30% discount). Caller display is included but name display isn't. Not sure about vvm.

Does that mean it isn't really worth buying my own device outright?

I want the 6S plus 128GB. $1289 at Apple or $788.99 through Rogers.

If I do a hup: $788 plus [24x60]= $2,228.
If I buy outright and change to BYOD: $1289 plus [24x52.5]= $2,549.
So unless I'm missing something, isn't it better to do a hardware upgrade and keep the $60 plan?

I'd only save money over my current plan if I went with the cheapest BYOD local share everything: $55 ($38.50 for me, 30% off) for a measly 500 megs.

$1289 plus [24x38.5]= $2,213.

I guess I could get more value by buying my own device (as in more data for the same price). But the $500 subsidy is more appealing.

Posted: Nov 8th, 2015 3:59 pm
by WMah
spinningpiledriver wrote: Can anyonein Edmonton hup corp350?
If you find out, do share, i've been to rogers stores, wireless waves, and costcos with no luck. wondering if this is a regional thing or if some people's corp350 are diff from others

Posted: Nov 8th, 2015 4:19 pm
by cdizzle11
Cheezoos1 wrote: Pacific Centre? Which store?
Thanks
My mistake..

They did it at Bentall Centre's "inspire wireless"

CORP350 upgrade in GVA

Posted: Nov 8th, 2015 6:24 pm
by khaki
I was able to do a HUP at Costco in Richmond, BC on the Corp350 plan
Good luck.

Posted: Nov 9th, 2015 2:35 pm
by engman13
Doritolover wrote: I am in Ontario and work for the federal government. I have the $60 plan ($75 with a $15 credit) for unlimited Canada wide calling and 3GB. Caller ID, name display and vvm included. I can get a hup on this plan.

If I were to get a share everything plan BYOD, it would be $52.50 for unlimited Canada wide and 2.5GB ($75 with a 30% discount). Caller display is included but name display isn't. Not sure about vvm.

Does that mean it isn't really worth buying my own device outright?

I want the 6S plus 128GB. $1289 at Apple or $788.99 through Rogers.

If I do a hup: $788 plus [24x60]= $2,228.
If I buy outright and change to BYOD: $1289 plus [24x52.5]= $2,549.
So unless I'm missing something, isn't it better to do a hardware upgrade and keep the $60 plan?

I'd only save money over my current plan if I went with the cheapest BYOD local share everything: $55 ($38.50 for me, 30% off) for a measly 500 megs.

$1289 plus [24x38.5]= $2,213.

I guess I could get more value by buying my own device (as in more data for the same price). But the $500 subsidy is more appealing.
You have the math totally wrong, you only multiply the difference of the plans if you're doing the HUP since you'd be paying the BYOD rate anyways + $20/mo for a premium tab. So with an HUP it's $95/mo ($66.5 after the discount) and BYOD its $75/mo ($52.5 after the discount), so the difference is $14+tax (24x14=336+tax) so the total with a HUP is $788.99+$336=$1,124. If you're a regular customer it's better to BYOD and buy a phone outright because the difference becomes $20/mo, but with your corporate discount you'd be saving $165. This isn't always the case though, it depends on the phone but in the case of the 6S it is better to HUP.

Posted: Nov 9th, 2015 4:44 pm
by TDNGUYEN
Just contacted the business rep today ; as for government employee.. they are only offering these now?

Trudy :
We have new offers for Government employees.
If you are looking for a Voice only plan, we have the offer #1 at $30 per month. It includes 1000 Weekday minutes and Unlimited Evenings and week-ends from 6pm to 7am. If you use data with this plan, the rate is $15 per GB.

If however, you are looking for Voice & Data Plan we do have either the offer #2 at $60 that includes Unlimited Canadian Long Distance minutes and 3GB of Data, or the offer #3 at $70 that includes unlimited Canadian Long Distance minutes and 5GB of Data.

Please note that all plans have unlimited text, picture and video messaging, call display, voicemail and 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes. These offers are for customers on 2 year agreement.

What happened to the share everything plan lol

Posted: Nov 9th, 2015 9:10 pm
by CalmThatCat
TDNGUYEN wrote: Just contacted the business rep today ; as for government employee.. they are only offering these now?

Trudy :
We have new offers for Government employees.
If you are looking for a Voice only plan, we have the offer #1 at $30 per month. It includes 1000 Weekday minutes and Unlimited Evenings and week-ends from 6pm to 7am. If you use data with this plan, the rate is $15 per GB.

If however, you are looking for Voice & Data Plan we do have either the offer #2 at $60 that includes Unlimited Canadian Long Distance minutes and 3GB of Data, or the offer #3 at $70 that includes unlimited Canadian Long Distance minutes and 5GB of Data.

Please note that all plans have unlimited text, picture and video messaging, call display, voicemail and 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes. These offers are for customers on 2 year agreement.

What happened to the share everything plan lol
Ive gone through the verification process just yesterday to migrate my account to a corporate account. I'd been told my only option was the 30% off share everything plans however when I called them to finalize, they said I could still switch to the $60/3gb or $70/5gb plans... so apparently they aren't "inactive" like the rep originally told me.

However for BYOD, a 5gb SE plan comes to $63 so hotter deal imo

how am i wrong?

Posted: Nov 10th, 2015 2:55 pm
by Doritolover
eyoussef wrote: You have the math totally wrong, you only multiply the difference of the plans if you're doing the HUP since you'd be paying the BYOD rate anyways + $20/mo for a premium tab. So with an HUP it's $95/mo ($66.5 after the discount) and BYOD its $75/mo ($52.5 after the discount), so the difference is $14+tax (24x14=336+tax) so the total with a HUP is $788.99+$336=$1,124. If you're a regular customer it's better to BYOD and buy a phone outright because the difference becomes $20/mo, but with your corporate discount you'd be saving $165. This isn't always the case though, it depends on the phone but in the case of the 6S it is better to HUP.
Math isn't my strong suit, but how am I wrong? I can still do a HUP and keep the same plan I have now for $60.

So if I get the HUP and keep my 3GB $60 plan, the total cost would be $788 + [24 x 60] = $2,228.
If I were to buy the phone outright and get the crappiest share everything plan (local calling only, no tab, 500mb), the total cost would be $1,289 + [24 x (55x.7)] = $2,213
If I were to buy the phone outright and keep my 3GB $60 plan, the total cost would be $1,289 + [24 x 60] = $2,729
If I were to buy the phone outright and switch to the 2.5GB Share Everything plan (local calling only, no tab) the total cost would be $1,289 + [24 x (70x.7)] = $2,465

So it would actually cost $237 more to buy the phone outright and switch to the share everything 2.5GB than it would to get a hardware upgrade on my existing $60 plan.

Unless I'm very very wrong (and if I am wrong I'll admit it) it seems that the $60 3GB is still better!!!

Posted: Nov 10th, 2015 3:31 pm
by engman13
Doritolover wrote: Math isn't my strong suit, but how am I wrong? I can still do a HUP and keep the same plan I have now for $60.

So if I get the HUP and keep my 3GB $60 plan, the total cost would be $788 + [24 x 60] = $2,228.
If I were to buy the phone outright and get the crappiest share everything plan (local calling only, no tab, 500mb), the total cost would be $1,289 + [24 x (55x.7)] = $2,213
If I were to buy the phone outright and keep my 3GB $60 plan, the total cost would be $1,289 + [24 x 60] = $2,729
If I were to buy the phone outright and switch to the 2.5GB Share Everything plan (local calling only, no tab) the total cost would be $1,289 + [24 x (70x.7)] = $2,465

So it would actually cost $237 more to buy the phone outright and switch to the share everything 2.5GB than it would to get a hardware upgrade on my existing $60 plan.

Unless I'm very very wrong (and if I am wrong I'll admit it) it seems that the $60 3GB is still better!!!
Is it $60 for the 3gb plan regardless of whether you get a HUP? I don't know the details of these plans, I was only referring to the share everything in which case you only account for the difference in the price between a byod or HUP rate, not the whole rate since you're paying the base regardless of whether or not you get the phone.

Posted: Nov 10th, 2015 4:29 pm
by a019827
was able to HUP to an iPhone 6S Plus on my corp 350.

last HUP was january 2015.

edit:

before i receive a bunch of PM's asking how..

the store wasn't able to do it on their computers. they had to call in and get it done over the phone (a manual upgrade).

Posted: Nov 10th, 2015 5:07 pm
by Pughball
Just called in was told I was basically welcome to switch all 3 of my lines to bell.

Bell is $60/month with 5 Gigs. Rogers is currently 50$/month with 6 gigs. If I stay on Rogers the best they'll do is shareeverything at $77/month for 5 gigs.

Seems like bizarro-world stuff that they're willing to lose my business over this...

Posted: Nov 10th, 2015 5:47 pm
by w2k
Called corporate and said I wasn't able to HUP and the next best similar plan would be the 77$/5gb. I will try the locations mentioned by cdizzle11 above and give it another try.

Posted: Nov 10th, 2015 9:13 pm
by MaxPower19
Pughball wrote: Just called in was told I was basically welcome to switch all 3 of my lines to bell.

Bell is $60/month with 5 Gigs. Rogers is currently 50$/month with 6 gigs. If I stay on Rogers the best they'll do is shareeverything at $77/month for 5 gigs.

Seems like bizarro-world stuff that they're willing to lose my business over this...
Can you provide some contact info for Bell? That's much better than this junk Robbers is offering. I'll switch!

No luck

Posted: Nov 10th, 2015 9:57 pm
by Longmitso
I went to Costco Richmond. No hup with corp 350. Called Rogers store in Aberdeen mall and bentall center so I didn't have to drive all over the place. Both told me I can't do a hardware upgrade with my plan anymore and the best thing they can do is the share everything plan with 30% discount.

Called Rogers and spoke to them as well, they told me the same and that I HAD to change my plan. I politely declined.

I've had this corp plan for about 7 years now so there's no way I'm letting it go. Looks like I'll have to wait and see what happens in the near future.

Posted: Nov 11th, 2015 2:20 am
by w2k
So I went in to the Rogers store at Aberdeen earlier and she checked her system showing that I was able to hup on a 3 yr deal. Picked up a g4 for 200. Rogers over the phone said I had to switch plans.

Posted: Nov 11th, 2015 2:48 am
by Longmitso
OK someone is going to have to walk me through it because so far, 3 places that people posted they have been successful, have all been negative for me. Anyone that can help?

Posted: Nov 11th, 2015 3:03 am
by Arrow
As it was explained to me (and as others have mentioned in this thread), not all CORP350 plans are the same. Most appear to be forcing you to change plans in order to do a Hardware Upgrade, but a small select few are allowing upgrades on the current plan...

Posted: Nov 11th, 2015 4:06 am
by libballeng
Longmitso wrote: OK someone is going to have to walk me through it because so far, 3 places that people posted they have been successful, have all been negative for me. Anyone that can help?
A lot of times when you really want results you will have to do the hard work yourself, meaning you may have to go to the store yourself, not just calling them.

Because if you just call them, they can only go by the policy for a general corp 350 plan, which by now can not be renewed anymore.

However, if you go to a specific store, then they can check the actual corp 350 plan that you have and see if it can be renewed.

Good luck.

Posted: Nov 11th, 2015 7:42 am
by Cech
Longmitso wrote: OK someone is going to have to walk me through it because so far, 3 places that people posted they have been successful, have all been negative for me. Anyone that can help?
It's very simple, you just need to read the last 30 pages of this thread. ;)