Page 348 of 382

Re: Rogers Corp 350 Plan (EXPIRED but post here to discuss this plan only)

Posted: Nov 26th, 2015 11:51 am
by kevdanga
I currently have a corp 350 plan. Is it possible to add a new line with the new corp share everything plan or is it 1 line max

Posted: Nov 26th, 2015 11:53 am
by redflagged2006
libballeng wrote: If you want to HUP after 2 years then you will need a token.

However, you can stay on month to month after the 2 years at the same rate and same plan, and never need a token.
Thanks for the info.. what other things will require a new token? Can I still make account changes online that doesn't involve a Rogers Rep without a token when on month To month ?

Posted: Nov 26th, 2015 1:13 pm
by libballeng
redflagged2006 wrote: Thanks for the info.. what other things will require a new token? Can I still make account changes online that doesn't involve a Rogers Rep without a token when on month To month ?
There is no need for tokens when you add or remove add-on features online. If it cannot be done, it will give you a message to call in.

Posted: Nov 26th, 2015 6:03 pm
by rfottawa
Just out of curiosity, since we're eligible for upgrades, if we purchased our own phones, would Rogers let us keep the same corp350 plan that we are on now?

Everything about this feels like a big ripoff. If we switches to the share everything plan and received the corporate discount, for a similar plan we have now, we're looking at $57 a month extra for 2 lines. Working out the numbers over 24 months, and it seems like buying new phones is the way to go, but I would just like to know if Rogers allows you to keep the same plan.

Posted: Nov 26th, 2015 6:13 pm
by jarko
any idea if for military vets too? or is it just current employees?

Posted: Nov 26th, 2015 6:21 pm
by libballeng
rfottawa wrote: Just out of curiosity, since we're eligible for upgrades, if we purchased our own phones, would Rogers let us keep the same corp350 plan that we are on now?

Everything about this feels like a big ripoff. If we switches to the share everything plan and received the corporate discount, for a similar plan we have now, we're looking at $57 a month extra for 2 lines. Working out the numbers over 24 months, and it seems like buying new phones is the way to go, but I would just like to know if Rogers allows you to keep the same plan.
There is no need to notify Rogers if you buy your phone outright from wherever. You can continue the corp 350 plan on month to month basis, nothing will change, of course if you have any credits expiring then those will be gone forever.

Just pop the sim from the old phone, put it in the new phone, and that's it.

Posted: Nov 26th, 2015 6:29 pm
by rfottawa
libballeng wrote: There is no need to notify Rogers if you buy your phone outright from wherever. You can continue the corp 350 plan on month to month basis, nothing will change, of course if you have any credits expiring then those will be gone forever.

Just pop the sim from the old phone, put it in the new phone, and that's it.
Are all Sim cards compatible?

We have s4's. Thinking of getting a nexus 6 or 6p.

Posted: Nov 26th, 2015 6:36 pm
by libballeng
rfottawa wrote: Are all Sim cards compatible?

We have s4's. Thinking of getting a nexus 6 or 6p.
The S4's uses micro sim, and the nexus 6 and 6p uses nano sim, so you will need to get a new sim from Rogers, or you can cut down the micro sim to nano sim (the result is YMMV, some old micro sims are thicker so they may get jammed in the nano sim tray, while some other older micro sims have a larger foot print for the gold contact areas, so cutting the sim will render the sim useless).

Posted: Nov 27th, 2015 2:19 pm
by hawkridge
anybody try getting the bonus 1GB of data they are giving on Share Everything plans for black friday? will they apply it to the corporate version (30% discount)

Posted: Nov 27th, 2015 6:42 pm
by Nguygie
Looking to switch from my corp350 plan to another carrier... I originally signed up for a 3 year contract (supposed to end Dec. 2016) but now after 2 years my online account says that my device balance is $0. So does this mean that I can port my number out now without any cancellation fees?

Posted: Nov 27th, 2015 6:45 pm
by khaki
If it shows 0, then you are free to move.

And obviously if you want to confirm, then just call Rogers or *611
Nguygie wrote: Looking to switch from my corp350 plan to another carrier... I originally signed up for a 3 year contract (supposed to end Dec. 2016) but now after 2 years my online account says that my device balance is $0. So does this mean that I can port my number out now without any cancellation fees?

Posted: Nov 27th, 2015 8:59 pm
by redflagged2006
anyone have experience with porting into Rogers, how long does it take via RogersDirect?

Posted: Nov 27th, 2015 10:01 pm
by iownyou
hawkridge wrote: anybody try getting the bonus 1GB of data they are giving on Share Everything plans for black friday? will they apply it to the corporate version (30% discount)
They did not offer it to me when I mentioned switch to kudoo today

Posted: Nov 27th, 2015 11:29 pm
by racerboy838
Nguygie wrote: Looking to switch from my corp350 plan to another carrier... I originally signed up for a 3 year contract (supposed to end Dec. 2016) but now after 2 years my online account says that my device balance is $0. So does this mean that I can port my number out now without any cancellation fees?
Yes

Posted: Nov 28th, 2015 1:41 am
by User002378
hawkridge wrote: anybody try getting the bonus 1GB of data they are giving on Share Everything plans for black friday? will they apply it to the corporate version (30% discount)
Yes, I called today to see if they could match the Telus Gov't of BC plan. They offered me the 2.5GB + 1.0GB for Black Friday for $95 share everything plan and offered to take 30% off of that making it $66.50. I told them that Telus had a 6S Plus 128GB phone for $490 and they said they would price match the phone as well. However, their plan is still $6.50 higher than Telus, which works out to $156 over 2 yrs. To me, the extra 0.5GB isn't and the unlimited Canada wide calling (vs. unlimited local for Telus) isn't worth the premium. Hope this helps.

Posted: Nov 28th, 2015 11:28 am
by hawkridge
Yes but the Rogers plan without Canada wide is $90 and you also get shomi or Spotify plus nhl game centre. Not for everyone I know but for me it's good.

Also are you sure the iPhone 6s Plus is that much? I see the iPhone 6 Plus for that much.
Maybe it's different in bc. I am in Ontario.

Posted: Nov 28th, 2015 11:37 am
by hawkridge
Also for anyone on these share everything corporate plans I can also confirm I had no problem getting them to switch me to the bonus 1gb version of the plan I am on. Other than the 1 hour hold time. I know it says for new upgrades or activations but they didn't even bring that up.

Posted: Nov 28th, 2015 4:44 pm
by yesnomaybe
I'm also on a 3 year plan that ends in Dec 2016. I just checked my device balance is it also says $0. How is that possible when the 3 years isn't up yet?

Posted: Nov 28th, 2015 5:39 pm
by 95thRifles
Pretty expensive plans if its not BYOD. Can get better with business plans imo

Posted: Nov 28th, 2015 9:38 pm
by xDoraemon
yesnomaybe wrote: I'm also on a 3 year plan that ends in Dec 2016. I just checked my device balance is it also says $0. How is that possible when the 3 years isn't up yet?
These govt plans used to have a 2 year upgrade cycle despite a 3 year contract, so your device balance is 0 after two years.