Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers Corp plans discussion (excludes CORP 350 plan discussion)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2017 9:29 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1388 posts
128 upvotes
Markham
Got a question about switching to a share everything plan from a corporate. I currently have the 3gb unlimited calling for $60. I can switch to a SE plan with 35% off. I'd like to know if its worth switching to the 2gb+2gb bonus plan right now. Its $100 on a premium tab which will make it $65 a month I believe. Will they be able to change that price on me since I'm under contract? Do those extra 2gb ever go away? I'm thinking of switching because I don't mind paying an extra $5 for a gb and having roam like home. Just don't want to screw myself
Dec 4, 2003
938 posts
8 upvotes
Recently heard about the Fido Bring your own phone plan $40/4Gb plan.
now I am having to pay Rogers $59/month/6GB..... Hmm, very tempting to change it.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
39 upvotes
Does anyone know if Costco or Best Buy locations will activate new EPP/Corporate plans?
Dec 4, 2003
938 posts
8 upvotes
To report back - I ported over to Fido.
HamsterGirl35 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 4:58 pm
Recently heard about the Fido Bring your own phone plan $40/4Gb plan.
now I am having to pay Rogers $59/month/6GB..... Hmm, very tempting to change it.
Apr 7, 2007
312 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
I have 3 lines with Rogers Corp Plan and 1 line with Rogers Pay-as-You-Go. My contract expired 2 days ago. I ported all my 4 lines to Public Mobile over the weekend just before their promotion expired. Now I have $120/12G in 90 days. I choose auto pay, and save $2 more dollar. So it is $38/4G.

Comparing to the Rogers $60/3G business plan, I save $22/month with 1 extra gigabyte of data. I tested the voice, SMS, data. The LTE download speed (same location) test is a little slower than Rogers, about 5%. It is not too bad by saving a lot of money over the next few years. The only downside for Public Mobile is they don't have Visual Voice Mail available for iPhone. Not even you want to pay extra $ for it.
Jul 22, 2011
411 posts
63 upvotes
Burlington
HamsterGirl35 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2016 12:10 pm
To report back - I ported over to Fido.
They let you have that plan as a new customer. Who did you talk to.
Mar 8, 2012
290 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
PwA wrote:
Nov 21st, 2016 8:53 pm
No, they will not.

Will they HUP?
Jul 17, 2007
78 posts
30 upvotes
DdBigs wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 1:53 pm
Got a question about switching to a share everything plan from a corporate. I currently have the 3gb unlimited calling for $60. I can switch to a SE plan with 35% off.
I'm in a similar situation with 2 lines at $60 each. They offered ShareEverything with 30% the primary line and $5 off the 2nd one. I asked them to do the math for me - ended up $125 for both, more than the $12 that I pay now (all numbers before tax)
Apr 7, 2007
312 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
Corp plan is getting more expensive nowadays, not mention the regular plan itself. People can't afford it.

Here is the link for the latest Rogers corp plan. There is a bonus of $300 for new activation. I wonder if I can open a new line with $300 bonus, and later port my old number to the new line.

http://bcgov.rogerscorporate.ca/
Apr 7, 2007
312 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
xrouge wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 4:33 pm
I'm in a similar situation with 2 lines at $60 each. They offered ShareEverything with 30% the primary line and $5 off the 2nd one. I asked them to do the math for me - ended up $125 for both, more than the $12 that I pay now (all numbers before tax)
I believe they quote you the 5Gb plan, BYOD, No Canada Wide calling, share everything: Primary line: $120, additional line: $55
The current Rogers 2GB and 5GB plan has bonus of 2GB free.

Say the current 2GB plan with 2GB bonus (total 4GB) with no Canada-wide calling is $85, less 30% comes to $59.50 (bring your own device). Public Mobile offers $40/4GB or $38/4GB (auto-pay) which is $21.50 cheaper. That is the reason I ported all my 4 Rogers lines to Public Mobile a couple days ago before the promotion ends. I had been with Rogers more than 20 years, but no more.
Jul 17, 2007
78 posts
30 upvotes
niceguy1234 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 5:48 pm
Public Mobile offers $40/4GB or $38/4GB (auto-pay) which is $21.50 cheaper.
Problem is that PB offer expired :)
Apr 7, 2007
312 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
The PM $40/4GB plan may not be suitable for most business people here. Rogers service is more reliable. You don't want to miss a phone call and lost a million $ contract. Pick the Rogers 2GB+2GB plan or 5GB+2GB plan may be the best choice for now.

Don't worry if you miss the Public Mobile or Fido promo. Wait for the next one. Yes, their monthly price plan is very affordable, but they also have some downsides too:
- customer service is non, there is no 1-800 number you can call
- some portings take a long time, with no help
- no visual voice mail for iPhone
- slower LTE internet
Sep 9, 2005
676 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
niceguy1234 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2016 2:27 pm
The PM $40/4GB plan may not be suitable for most business people here. Rogers service is more reliable. You don't want to miss a phone call and lost a million $ contract. Pick the Rogers 2GB+2GB plan or 5GB+2GB plan may be the best choice for now.

Don't worry if you miss the Public Mobile or Fido promo. Wait for the next one. Yes, their monthly price plan is very affordable, but they also have some downsides too:
- customer service is non, there is no 1-800 number you can call
- some portings take a long time, with no help
- no visual voice mail for iPhone
- slower LTE internet
Public Mobile is all internet/email based support, but they run on the TELUS network, so I don't think there are any concerns of slow LTE or dropped calls. No more than TELUS, Rogers or Bell anyway dependent on your location. Fido, runs on Rogers network, so if you'd miss a call on Fido, you'd miss the same call on Rogers. And Fido does have toll-free phone support, social media support etc; all the same channels of support that Rogers does.