Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers Corp plans discussion (excludes CORP 350 plan discussion)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2017 10:54 am
Nov 27, 2016
2 posts
AV-Fishing wrote:
Oct 20th, 2016 5:01 pm
If you guys want cheap Rogers Cellphone Plans ... get yourself to a "CHINESE" Rogers Store .. aka AmCall Wireless ... there's quite a few locations in the GTA and Vancouver area.

Namely if you are in Toronto, goto Pacific Mall, Times Square, Metro Square, Dragon City Centre.

These guys all do the ILLEGAL ACTIVITY of giving customers Small Business Plans at awesome deals. However, when you have any billing issue, you need to contact their Business Contact Group ... also known as BSSC.

They give out Small Business Plans graciously to all customers because they need to meet their sales targets and quotas ... as well as reap in their own sales benefits (commission).

They constantly go "above and beyond" to get their sales and then give you the finger so you can deal with anything else at the call center.

The attached images are from their WeChat IDA18928089432.

As we are all aware .. Rogers has Facebook and Twitter ... but they NEVER established ANY WECHAT ID .. WeChat is like Whatsapp but it is mainly used by Mainland China people.

Unfortunately, the screenshots are all in Chinese (simplified Chinese) so decipher it on your own ... just look at the price and the amount of data .. choose your plan ... visit the store ... and then you get your deal!

Simple as that.

I personally disagree with what they do ... I never liked them to begin with. But if it saves you a S**TLOAD of money ... why not!

mmexport1476986722912.jpgmmexport1476986717864.jpg
Is it right? My brother has a corp plan (from Rogers), and I always want to have a plan like his....did you get the corp plan from these store too? I am currently using samsung phone and planning to get iphone, not sure if I can get the sim card directly from the store if I can join the corp plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2071 posts
199 upvotes
Ajax
Do some of these corp plans give complete 2 years of Spotify or is it only 6 months? I'm in Ontario Education sector.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
40 upvotes
I'm having a hard time signing up for a corporate/EPP plan in a retail store. Apparently very few retail locations are equipped to do this.

Can I sign up for a regular consumer plan in store and then apply for the EPP % off discount afterwards with my "unique token"? Or is there a waiting period/conditions
Thanks
Jan 12, 2015
40 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
xstatik wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 3:03 pm
I'm having a hard time signing up for a corporate/EPP plan in a retail store. Apparently very few retail locations are equipped to do this.

Can I sign up for a regular consumer plan in store and then apply for the EPP % off discount afterwards with my "unique token"? Or is there a waiting period/conditions
Thanks
You can sign up with a regular plan and then you call Rogers and ask them to switch your account for a corporate / EPP plan with your token or business email address.
Sep 5, 2009
158 posts
13 upvotes
So if I sign up with a new plan with boxing day promos (Assuming they will have some) with heavily discounted phones and 2 gb bonus data and then switch to corporate through my employer, they will simply add a 35% discount on top of the current plan or they will make me switch to whatever is available in the corporate category? I see from uptownwireless site that they have a process to generate the token. Does that token simply add the discount or also alter the plan based on what is compatible?
karew12 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 10:24 am
You can sign up with a regular plan and then you call Rogers and ask them to switch your account for a corporate / EPP plan with your token or business email address.
Jan 2, 2013
880 posts
97 upvotes
Etobicoke
mdfaisal wrote:
Dec 13th, 2016 2:51 pm
So if I sign up with a new plan with boxing day promos (Assuming they will have some) with heavily discounted phones and 2 gb bonus data and then switch to corporate through my employer, they will simply add a 35% discount on top of the current plan or they will make me switch to whatever is available in the corporate category? I see from uptownwireless site that they have a process to generate the token. Does that token simply add the discount or also alter the plan based on what is compatible?
30%, not 35%. Correct?
Sep 5, 2009
158 posts
13 upvotes
No I have 35% off through my employer (BMO)
apoorv wrote:
Dec 13th, 2016 4:28 pm
30%, not 35%. Correct?
Jan 2, 2013
880 posts
97 upvotes
Etobicoke
Oh interesting. I thought everyone got 30%. Good to know!
Aug 4, 2010
891 posts
182 upvotes
Winnipeg
Has anyone here migrated to the CPA plan while an existing customer of Rogers? The link on the website redirects me to https://secure.rogersdirect.ca/acctmigration/ which asks for a corporate email, which is not applicable for the CPA plan as everyone will have a different email. I plan on taking advantage of whatever Boxing Day deal Rogers will have on their regular website and then switch to the CPA plan after.
Dec 13, 2016
91 posts
8 upvotes
Any good corporate plans floating around right now? Just chatted with Rogers Business and they offered me 10% off a 4gb $100 share everything plan which is pretty brutal. I still have the Corp 350 with 5GB for $50.
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6459 posts
2799 upvotes
Markham
r2edline wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 3:20 pm
Any good corporate plans floating around right now? Just chatted with Rogers Business and they offered me 10% off a 4gb $100 share everything plan which is pretty brutal. I still have the Corp 350 with 5GB for $50.
Nothing. Rogers wants me to pay over $200 for two people on my corporate plan. Granted that includes two subsidized phones. But they can go rot in hell. While my buddy over in Ottawa got the same plan (albeit in Gatineau) for $100, including two subsidized phones and a share everything plan for his wife.

Thanks Rogers for blatantly ripping off people in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2003
1341 posts
20 upvotes
r2edline wrote:
I am also on the corp 350 still at $50. Just waiting for the dreadful day when they decide to increase the price.
Feb 7, 2008
346 posts
138 upvotes
St Catharines
r2edline wrote:
Depends what you have access to - I've been doing some research because I'm on the corp350 50$ 6gb plan and want to be ready if/when the price jumps up, here's what I've found so far:
FYI these plans seem to apply to Government of Ontario, OPSEU, and/or ONA members

Telus - 77$/month 6gb unlimited Canada-wide. Cons - high monthly price Pros - huge phone subsidies, e.g. iPhone 7 32gb currently 0$.
Plan details - http://www.smartcell.ca/en/ login: OPSEU or ONA

Bell (via Baka) - 60$/month 5gb 350 local + 250 LD, +5$ unlimited Canada-wide. Cons - OPSEU only? 'unlimited Canada-wide' is actually limited to your total minutes (you just aren't charged ld fees with this optional add-on). Steep hardware costs for newer phones, e.g. iPhone 7 32gb 398$. Bell. Pros - reasonable monthly cost.
Plan details - https://www.baka.ca/?account_login=ONPS ... ONPSEU_EPP

Rogers - 50$/month 'Loyalty 4gb plan' - consumer retentions plan (not corporate). Cons: BYOD, 3 voicemails only, no RLH, consumer plan, no hardware subsidies ever, no bonuses/credits Pros: month-to-month, relatively straight forward to switch
Plan details - see this thread for details: rogers-hot-50-mo-loyalty-plan-w-4gb-dat ... g-2066290/

Both Telus and Bell plans have other options available (cheaper, and more expensive options) I just want to compare apples:apples my existing plan (corp350) as best as possible.

Anyone know any other options?

UPDATE: just got my price increase - switched to the Rogers Loyalty plan + added iPhone premium voicemail (visual/transcribed to text and 35 messages) +5$ = $55
Mobile: Koodo - 8gb 55$ Canada-wide
Internet: Start.ca --> Carrytel (?)
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix
Dec 13, 2016
91 posts
8 upvotes
mgrimace wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 6:39 pm
UPDATE: just got my price increase - switched to the Rogers Loyalty plan + added iPhone premium voicemail (visual/transcribed to text and 35 messages) +5$ = $55
What happened to increase your price? Thought the corporate plans are grandfathered?

Were you on a contract previously or month to month?
Feb 7, 2008
346 posts
138 upvotes
St Catharines
r2edline wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 11:11 pm
What happened to increase your price? Thought the corporate plans are grandfathered?

Were you on a contract previously or month to month?
Rogers is raising prices on all grandfathered month to month corporate plans - it's been staggered, but those of us on the old corp 350 have been going up since around September/October from what I've been reading. +9$ or more depending on plan. Something about approval from the CRTC to be able to raise/change plans without client permission to improve infrastructure. I've been researching since it started happening to others and I was hit with the increase on last night's bill. FYI - if your plan goes up, and you weren't notified, call and ask to be credited the difference for that bill - they are supposed to provide 30d notice.
Mobile: Koodo - 8gb 55$ Canada-wide
Internet: Start.ca --> Carrytel (?)
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix