Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers Corp plans discussion (excludes CORP 350 plan discussion)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 11:05 am
Dec 11, 2004
16 posts
cashinstinct wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 4:11 am
Cpa Canada has 30% off share everything plans

HUP prices are high thanks to low canadian dollar, so prices increased on iPhone. Same $500 off rebate as before.

Telus corporate has $300 off extra for iPhone 7 and $400 off extra for other phones. new Telus clients. Maybe they have a deal with EY?
Thanks for all the help. Unfortunately I'm not a CPA member.

I'm thinking about switching to Telus. Current deal for EY is $55/mo as follows:
- Unlimited national voice mins
- Conference Calling, Caller ID, Voicemail 25, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding
- Text Messaging – Unlimited SMS Sent or Received
- 6 GB CAD data

I'm just trying to figure out if the $7/day 'roam like home' is eligible on this plan when travelling in the US but not able to get a straight answer from the Telus rep. I know for sure that I cannot get the Rogers $5/day roam like home in the US on the current Rogers plan that I am on and would only be eligible if I switched to a Share Everything Plan.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5535 posts
1436 upvotes
Montreal
ak101 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 11:59 am
I know for sure that I cannot get the Rogers $5/day roam like home in the US on the current Rogers plan that I am on and would only be eligible if I switched to a Share Everything Plan.
They recently changed rules on this. No need for a Share Everything Plan to be eligible on $5/day roam at Rogers.

To know if you are eligible on your current Rogers plan, text "Travel" to "222"
Dec 13, 2016
67 posts
6 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 12:10 pm
They recently changed rules on this. No need for a Share Everything Plan to be eligible on $5/day roam at Rogers.

"Sorry your number is not eligible for Roam Like Home". :twisted:
Dec 11, 2004
16 posts
cashinstinct wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 12:10 pm

Ya I called them yesterday and also tried texting. I got a response stating my number is not eligible for Roam Like Home. Plus with the chance they increase pricing on the old plans, it's probably a wise idea to ditch Rogers.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1821 posts
198 upvotes
North Vancouver
UBC used to have a $47 plan included 6GB something but no additional $300 off phone , I can still see it in Dec, but now it's goneBlack Question Mark Ornament
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1838 posts
204 upvotes
Ottawa
r2edline wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 12:23 pm
I thought this change was only for consumer plans?
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Dec 13, 2016
67 posts
6 upvotes
matradley wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 2:57 pm
I thought this change was only for consumer plans?
Possibly, I'm on a corp plan so that might explain it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6204 posts
62 upvotes
r2edline wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 12:23 pm
I too got the same message. I am on their forced migration corporate plan which in my case went up 20%

Can't wait for a Public Mobile promo so I can ditch Rogers.
Nov 10, 2011
244 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
Any British Columbia dealers with websites that one can look around before deciding to switch over from corporate Telus. I work for Canada Post.
Sep 15, 2006
338 posts
67 upvotes
In order to determine whether my company has a corporate discount, would I just call into rogers or do I have to go into a certain store location? I'm in Ottawa
May 27, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Just a quick question, I've been searching everywhere but can't seem to find an answer but this is my situation and i apologize if there is an answer to this that I have yet to come across:

I am currently with Bell but am going to cancel and go to Rogers for a corp plan. My company (UPS) gets 25% off the share everything plans. i am looking at an S7 which is $199 on a premium plan.

At Walmart I can get the S7 on a premium plan for $0. Can I sign up there and then switch to a corp plan a few days/weeks later?
Feb 7, 2008
327 posts
118 upvotes
St Catharines
santino18 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 7:41 am
Just a quick question, I've been searching everywhere but can't seem to find an answer but this is my situation and i apologize if there is an answer to this that I have yet to come across:

I am currently with Bell but am going to cancel and go to Rogers for a corp plan. My company (UPS) gets 25% off the share everything plans. i am looking at an S7 which is $199 on a premium plan.

At Walmart I can get the S7 on a premium plan for $0. Can I sign up there and then switch to a corp plan a few days/weeks later?
I'm not 100% certain so if anyone else knows they can weigh in as well, but by and large I think they can switch a consumer plan over to corporate no problem - the sticky point will be if you have to pay back any of the device cost difference. In my experience it depends on the rep/reseller, so it's probably best to ask your work's corporate rep how they handle that situation. You could also call in to Rogers Corporate 1 (866) 727-2141 and ask the question hypothetically - it might even be worth asking if they'd price match (very unlikely though, they told us no on a price match because of the 'significant savings on the corporate plan').

Good luck and maybe post back if it works out for you or not, it'd be good to know for sure!
Feb 7, 2008
327 posts
118 upvotes
St Catharines
engman13 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 12:06 pm
In order to determine whether my company has a corporate discount, would I just call into rogers or do I have to go into a certain store location? I'm in Ottawa
Start by asking your work HR, if they have a corporate plan then you will likely have to go with a specific rep or local reseller. You can also check into a few other avenues if they apply, like your professional association, union, alumni - any of those may have benefits/rep contact listed on their respective websites, or other work factors i.e., if you're a government of ontario, or federal government employee. You may be eligible for multiple corporate plans which will let you shop around a bit, but start with your work's HR first.
Jan 20, 2012
75 posts
6 upvotes
LONDON
santino18 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 7:41 am

I can chime in on this a bit since i had a similar experience.

In my case, I got an S7 Edge on a Premium+ Tab for $0. I had to sign up for my plan (I got the 7 GB plan for $125/month), then call rogers when I got home, gave them my employment information and what discount I was eligible for, then they applied it to my account. No questions asked. That's how it usually works.

I do have a question though as well. How come my second line that shares my data cannot be eligible for the 30% off discount that I get through my work? They told me it was one or the other, not both.. I signed my wife up, got a Google Pixel for $0 on a Premium Tab, and got a $10 discount on the $65/month line so now I'm paying $55/month for her line and I pay $87.50 for my 7 GB Share Everything plan.

But I don't get the same 30% along with my original line. Is that some sort of policy with the Share Everything Lines? Mind you, it's still a good deal compared to what i'd be paying if I didn't work for the public sector and get my discount...but I want to maximize my savings.
Jun 25, 2016
60 posts
37 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
kellmike626 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 7:49 pm
I can chime in on this a bit since i had a similar experience.

In my case, I got an S7 Edge on a Premium+ Tab for $0. I had to sign up for my plan (I got the 7 GB plan for $125/month), then call rogers when I got home, gave them my employment information and what discount I was eligible for, then they applied it to my account. No questions asked. That's how it usually works.

I do have a question though as well. How come my second line that shares my data cannot be eligible for the 30% off discount that I get through my work? They told me it was one or the other, not both.. I signed my wife up, got a Google Pixel for $0 on a Premium Tab, and got a $10 discount on the $65/month line so now I'm paying $55/month for her line and I pay $87.50 for my 7 GB Share Everything plan.

But I don't get the same 30% along with my original line. Is that some sort of policy with the Share Everything Lines? Mind you, it's still a good deal compared to what i'd be paying if I didn't work for the public sector and get my discount...but I want to maximize my savings.
Only primary line + data is eligible for the discount, any additional line is usually regular price
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel