Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers Corp plans discussion (excludes CORP 350 plan discussion)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 1:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1016 posts
152 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 12:10 pm
They recently changed rules on this. No need for a Share Everything Plan to be eligible on $5/day roam at Rogers.

To know if you are eligible on your current Rogers plan, text "Travel" to "222"
Roam like home is only available on consumer plans at the moment.
Dec 8, 2013
134 posts
20 upvotes
British Columbia
Looks like Rogers has a new Share Everything promo on adding new lines (up to 4). Does anyone know if this can be combined with 35% EPP offer on primary line?

If my math is right it works out to: $229.25 ($57.32 per line) for sharing 12GB or $287 ($71.75 per line) for sharing 30GB.

Includes Canada Wide Calling on all lines (save $5 per line if you don't need this)
Premium Tab on all lines (save $10 per line for BYOD)
(based off 35% primary line discount and add-line discounts)

Not a bad deal if the promo can be combined with the EPP offer.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 10.43.34 PM.png
Mar 14, 2017
37 posts
27 upvotes
Victoria, BC
My wife and I work for separate public sector employers that both qualify for 30% off discounts from Share Everything plans. We are not Rogers customers. How would we get best bang for our buck if we were to switch to Rogers? Both want unlimited nationwide calling and at least 2GB of data. Are we better off individually signing up for the 2.5GB plan, or should one of us sign up for 5GB of shareable data and add a second line? Is there a way to get the 30% discount off the second line given that that person also qualifies for corporate pricing?
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Nov 10, 2011
291 posts
56 upvotes
Burnaby
ValiantSpacemanSpiff wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:23 am
My wife and I work for separate public sector employers that both qualify for 30% off discounts from Share Everything plans. We are not Rogers customers. How would we get best bang for our buck if we were to switch to Rogers? Both want unlimited nationwide calling and at least 2GB of data. Are we better off individually signing up for the 2.5GB plan, or should one of us sign up for 5GB of shareable data and add a second line? Is there a way to get the 30% discount off the second line given that that person also qualifies for corporate pricing?
Both of you two should sign up under your own names.
Nov 15, 2004
208 posts
6 upvotes
booruce wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:48 am
Looks like Rogers has a new Share Everything promo on adding new lines (up to 4). Does anyone know if this can be combined with 35% EPP offer on primary line?

If my math is right it works out to: $229.25 ($57.32 per line) for sharing 12GB or $287 ($71.75 per line) for sharing 30GB.

Includes Canada Wide Calling on all lines (save $5 per line if you don't need this)
Premium Tab on all lines (save $10 per line for BYOD)
(based off 35% primary line discount and add-line discounts)

Not a bad deal if the promo can be combined with the EPP offer.
I currently have Telus EPP and I wanted to compare with the rogers one you have,
can you share more detailed discounts on the Share Everything Plan on 4GB/ 7 GB / 10GB share on one line , and extra charge on adding one more line?
I can share my information too if you'd like,

I plan on calling rogers to see if they can price match, regards.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3017 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
I recently got an email from Rogers saying that monthly bill for ONE of my TWO small business wireless accounts will be increasing by $7/month as of June 1st. So I did an online chat with to find out that because I'm currently on a month-to-month with no subsidy (phone is paid off), that I'm now incurring this increase on this account (meanwhile, my other wireless line that has a subsidy balance, expiring later this year is not getting the increase at this time). WHAT GIVES?!?

This honestly, feels like I'm being penalized because I own my hardware outright and I'm on a month-to-month basis after I've been on the contract for 2 years.

I have the 30% discount on a $75/month plan ($15 off).... so I (currently) pay $60/month for:
3 Gb data
unlimited sms/mms Canada-wide
unlimited local/national calling Canada-wide
VM/CID

And with the $7 increase, they're only adding unlimited calling to US from Canada; everything else in the plan remains the same.

Quite frankly, calling the US is a useless feature for me. I'd rather have more data... about 5 or 6 Gb/month, instead.

Apparently, I have way to just up my data... and if I get a new phone, I'll be forced into a crappy (and more expensive) "Share everything Plan".

Do I have any other options/recourse here?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1941 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa
Repooc wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 3:49 pm
I recently got an email from Rogers saying that monthly bill for ONE of my TWO small business wireless accounts will be increasing by $7/month as of June 1st. So I did an online chat with to find out that because I'm currently on a month-to-month with no subsidy (phone is paid off), that I'm now incurring this increase on this account (meanwhile, my other wireless line that has a subsidy balance, expiring later this year is not getting the increase at this time). WHAT GIVES?!?

This honestly, feels like I'm being penalized because I own my hardware outright and I'm on a month-to-month basis after I've been on the contract for 2 years.

I have the 30% discount on a $75/month plan ($15 off).... so I (currently) pay $60/month for:
3 Gb data
unlimited sms/mms Canada-wide
unlimited local/national calling Canada-wide
VM/CID

And with the $7 increase, they're only adding unlimited calling to US from Canada; everything else in the plan remains the same.

Quite frankly, calling the US is a useless feature for me. I'd rather have more data... about 5 or 6 Gb/month, instead.

Apparently, I have way to just up my data... and if I get a new phone, I'll be forced into a crappy (and more expensive) "Share everything Plan".

Do I have any other options/recourse here?
With the business-side, nope, none... From my experience, they do not really offer very much (this is my experience). Some other people have made some sort of deal - have you tried calling Retentions?
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3017 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
matradley wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 11:07 pm
With the business-side, nope, none... From my experience, they do not really offer very much (this is my experience). Some other people have made some sort of deal - have you tried calling Retentions?
Thats unfortunate to hear... And i thought "retentions" no longer exists?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1197 posts
215 upvotes
Vancouver
So what is the most recent deals that are available?
Aug 30, 2013
85 posts
21 upvotes
GTA
I'm looking to get the 4 lines under a family share everything plan as a new customer.

What kind of phones can I expect to get for free or for a small payment?

Thanks for the help!
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2009
1069 posts
264 upvotes
Richmond Hill
matradley wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 11:07 pm
I tried business retentions today and they offered nothing. Just said there is no way they can match what Telus is offering me.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1941 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa
rsxmachine wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 3:27 pm
I tried business retentions today and they offered nothing. Just said there is no way they can match what Telus is offering me.
Sounds about right...
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Aug 27, 2006
594 posts
37 upvotes
Delta
rsxmachine wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 3:27 pm
What is telus offering you?
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2009
1069 posts
264 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Spud387 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:13 am
What is telus offering you?
Unlimited local + 4gb = 73.5 with a iPhone 7 128gb for 230 or iPhone 7 32gb for $100. Current plan is around 59 for 5gb with Rogers but there is not way to get a new phone without paying an arm and a leg.
Nov 18, 2010
541 posts
222 upvotes
Vancouver
I am still on the old Corp 350 plan $50 with 6G
I tried to upgrade to iPhone 7 and I have to change plans.
What's the best current plan ?
Rogers offered me $60 with 1G or $90 with 5G, ......then I can upgrade to iPhone 7
I might just wait for the iPhone 8 and buy it out right and stay on the Corp 350 plan.