• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2011 9:47 am
Tags:
None
Jul 31, 2011
5 posts
GOULDS

Rogers digital cable box

I Found a Digital cable box can i hook it up to my tv and get digital cable even if i dont pay for cable in my house. I hook it up and i got all the channels can Rogers tell if i am useing the box or not. Or should i just throw it away
10 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Found, eh? :rolleyes: You'll get no help with stolen items here.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Jul 31, 2011
5 posts
GOULDS
JAC wrote: Found, eh? :rolleyes: You'll get no help with stolen items here.

It Is Not Stolen I Found In in the Junk
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10326 upvotes
Toronto
So you hooked it up and it worked? If that's the case, it may be activated on another person's account and the other person is paying for a service that he or she is not getting. This may be the reason you are able to view Rogers channels through the digital box.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
If caught, stealing cable is a criminal matter. But the odds of getting caught or prosecuted is pretty low.

The choice is yours. Do the right thing.
Jul 31, 2011
5 posts
GOULDS
audit13 wrote: So you hooked it up and it worked? If that's the case, it may be activated on another person's account and the other person is paying for a service that he or she is not getting. This may be the real you are able to view Rogers channels through the digital box.

i hook it up to my internet cable line
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10326 upvotes
Toronto
johray2 wrote: i hook it up to my internet cable line

Sounds like Rogers either didn't de-activate the box when the should have, they left it active without being tied to an account, the box belongs to another person and it's activated on the other person's account, or the box is an un-returned rental.

I don't think you'll find the correct answer without contacting Rogers directly.
Nov 9, 2006
39 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I think you can call/email them with the nubers on the box and ask if it still on an account or not
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
Best to call in and fess up asap. I am sure that there is already record of this box being connected to your line.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)