• Aug 9th, 2009 4:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2004
1986 posts
4 upvotes

Rogers Digital Cable Volume too low?

Does anybody know how to increase the volume of the Rogers Digital cable box? Using the remote to increase the TV volume, it maxes out and isn't really very loud, and much lower than the TV when used alone with regular cable. My mom is hard of hearing and it would be best if we could get more volume out of this digital cable box setup. I could call rogers and find out how it works, or, I may try to make my way through menu's, or perhaps one of the manuals has the info, but...I thought somebody here may be able to save me the trouble if they already know how to remedy this situation.

thanks in advance for any help,

:)
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1254 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
First use your TV remote to put TV volume to 60-70% of its max. Use the cable box remote volume button for day to day volume adjustments. Another thing you can do using the cable box remote.press menu, more settings and navigate to audio range. Set the audio range to narrow and that should give boost to the volume.
Mar 21, 2009
253 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, the Rogers box will always default to 12. Turn that to max (30) first, then turn up your tv volume. Should notice a difference.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2004
1986 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks guys. I got through to Rogers today. Our box here is easy, as I stupidly forgot that there is a volume control on the front of the dig cable box. That fixed our problem here, but, for my mom's dig cable box, I need to do the settings thing, as there is no volume control on it. Should work ok once I've done that, pretty much the stuff above that you guys mention, to bring the volume back up.

Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
3787 posts
244 upvotes
Mississauga
i find the rogers cable volume an issue as well....

when i'm watching dvd, my tv volume is around 7-10

when i'm watching rogers cable, i need to turn up the volume to like 30....and STILL turn up the volume on the rogers box to get a decent volume...

anyone else have this issue?

it's annoying to have to change my tv volume everytime i switch from dvd to cable and vice versa
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
10989 posts
868 upvotes
Kanata
Ducky wrote:
Aug 9th, 2009 5:37 am
i find the rogers cable volume an issue as well....

when i'm watching dvd, my tv volume is around 7-10

when i'm watching rogers cable, i need to turn up the volume to like 30....and STILL turn up the volume on the rogers box to get a decent volume...

anyone else have this issue?

it's annoying to have to change my tv volume everytime i switch from dvd to cable and vice versa
what box exactly? 3200? 3250? 4250?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
Press the settings button on the remote twice and scroll down to the volume section and select fixed instead of variable. Then use the TV to control the volume. If you turn the TV up high and try to use the digital box to control the volume you will get a hiss noise at all times.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 9, 2003
9239 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
I've noticed that for all the HD channels you need about 50% more volume. I set my Rogers boxes to "fixed volume" so I can just play around with my TV volume but the difference is notable.

The volume difference exists both with the 3250 HD box and 4250 HD box.
Main: Intel 2600K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 | 16GB Corsair DDR3-2000 | 2 x 256GB Samsung 850 Pro | 2 x 4TB Hitachi 7K4000 | 3 x 2TB WD Caviar Black | Antec 1200 | Seasonic XP-860 Platinum | 4GB GTX 970 G1 Windforce | 2 x 27" Samsung S27D390HS PLS | Asus Essence ST | Win7 Pro 64-bit
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2009 posts
65 upvotes
Niagara area
Just program the Rogers remote so that it turns the sound up or down on the TV and ignores the box.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
10989 posts
868 upvotes
Kanata
using the 4250HD, I've found the volume was louder using HDMI than using RCA.
× < >