Computers & Electronics

Rogers DPC3825 Doc 3.0 Default Login info?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2011 10:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2653 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

Rogers DPC3825 Doc 3.0 Default Login info?

Hello all.

So today Rogers had set me up with ultimate with the DPC3825 Cisco Modem/Router deal. He gave me the USB stick to just plug into each of the devices I want on the network. Now I've looked online the past hour and no luck to finding the Rogers login info for this modem/router... I want to change my WPA pass etc and you all know the rest. The manual says to leave blank but that doesnt work. I've tried the standard cusadmin/password, but that didnt work either.

Anyone know of a way to login into this thing??

Thanks
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2653 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Figured it out haha thanks. It was User: cusadmin and password was set to my network key already.

I cant seem to find how to disable the SSID broadcast though and their "connect" application says I have three devices connected when I only have my desktop and my laptop so im trying to figure out how to see what others are connected to me already :?:
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
cyphon21 wrote: Figured it out haha thanks. It was User: cusadmin and password was set to my network key already.

I cant seem to find how to disable the SSID broadcast though and their "connect" application says I have three devices connected when I only have my desktop and my laptop so im trying to figure out how to see what others are connected to me already :?:

On http://10.20.30.1/Wireless.asp uncheck the "broadcast ssid" checkbox and hit save. That said, it's pretty pointless to disable broadcasting since anybody who knows what they're doing will still be able to find the ssid and connect.

A good WPA/WPA2 key is the only way to keep someone out of your network, anything else is just going to be more of an inconvenience to you than it is to someone trying to break in.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2653 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
GSRee wrote: On http://10.20.30.1/Wireless.asp uncheck the "broadcast ssid" checkbox and hit save. That said, it's pretty pointless to disable broadcasting since anybody who knows what they're doing will still be able to find the ssid and connect.

A good WPA/WPA2 key is the only way to keep someone out of your network, anything else is just going to be more of an inconvenience to you than it is to someone trying to break in.

Thanks for your advice. I just want to make sure only the devices I want connected, be the ones connected. I wouldn't suspect there is any software like the Linksys routers have to see a map of physical devices connected?