Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

May 28, 2007
549 posts
25 upvotes
GTA
Nukey wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2013 5:58 pm
I just signed up for this promotion yesterday (35/3/200GB) and they waived the installation fee without any fuss (it will be charged but credited in full).
How or which number you called to get installation fee waived? I tried twice, all failed....
Apr 3, 2012
47 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario
steinberg wrote:
Jul 12th, 2013 6:32 am
How or which number you called to get installation fee waived? I tried twice, all failed....
I got my installation waived but I think it's because I already had cable with them. They'll still charge me up front for the installation but credit me afterwards. I'm a bit skeptic so I got a reference number just in case and called to double check if that's how it really works.

I called 1 866 589-9274 btw. I think it's just their regular number.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1270 posts
271 upvotes
masche wrote:
Jul 13th, 2013 7:42 am
I got my installation waived but I think it's because I already had cable with them. They'll still charge me up front for the installation but credit me afterwards. I'm a bit skeptic so I got a reference number just in case and called to double check if that's how it really works.

I called 1 866 589-9274 btw. I think it's just their regular number.

Good luck.
I also called in twice to double check - it seems that this is normal procedure if you have the existing services with them. I simply asked if installation would be waived and they said it would be charged but credited.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
2691 posts
380 upvotes
Nukey wrote:
Jul 13th, 2013 7:47 am
I also called in twice to double check - it seems that this is normal procedure if you have the existing services with them. I simply asked if installation would be waived and they said it would be charged but credited.
It has to hit your bill as the tech companies that do the installs charge rogers (your account) for the service. Rogers can just issue a credit on the account to offset it.

In order for the tech company to get paid, they have to levy a charge on your account - Rogers couldn't tell them to just not bill it. The reason it doesn't hit your bill if it's "not your fault" is because Rogers pays these tech companies a contracted amount to maintain any Rogers issues in their given area so long as their caused by Rogers - otherwise the tech company will invoice rogers for their service, and you guessed it, that charge is applied directly to your account.
May 28, 2007
549 posts
25 upvotes
GTA
called a few days before, asked for waiving installation fee but got refused. Called again yesterday again, I was told they actually noted in account to waive my installation. No bill first and credit after. I was told it's waived straight. Will install next Tuesday.thank you everyone to share this deal with me :)
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
11366 posts
2065 upvotes
Toronto
steinberg wrote:
Jul 12th, 2013 6:30 am
Can you tell me where exactly you saw the sign? Pacific mall /2nd floor or markvillage? If you remember which Rogers dealer name will be helpful too? I would like to acquire more information and sign up... Called rogers two times to hope get waived on activation, but all refused....so this one is better offer.

Was consider CIK unlimited offer too, but worry about speed jam. I live in unionville, anyone use CIK in the area can give comment? CIK gives free modem and free sign up, but I sort of need 20 month commitment to get these freebies...
I can't read Chinese. I only understand the numbers. The sign mentioned 35/3 speed, 300 gigs usage, $45. That is why I thought it was this W45 plan but with 100 gigs more usage. The only condition I know for sure is that it is for new customers only. The idiot at the stand was adamant about that. The temporary stand was at the Market Village not too far from the McDonald's. It would be great if anyone that got this plan can give some additional details. It would be sweet if those of us who have the W45 plan can get some extra usage for free.
Apr 7, 2013
62 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I canceled with rogers about 8-10 months ago. Im moving now and need a new internet provider.

Would I be considered a new customer?
Nov 28, 2012
972 posts
499 upvotes
Etobicoke
xlim1017 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2013 5:54 pm
I canceled with rogers about 8-10 months ago. Im moving now and need a new internet provider.

Would I be considered a new customer?
Yes.. I cancelled my account in december and moved to rogers ladt month... and I got this dral as a new customer...
May 29, 2007
75 posts
4 upvotes
was on old old rogers express with 60gb with 15% off. had to call between me and my brother 4 times to get this. if it didnt world would've moved to tek savvy.
Jan 21, 2013
784 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
Hey, I'm new to this thread and was looking for internet. Just had some basic questions.
1) I noticed it was Free Modem Rental. So no hidden/monthly fees ever? We just get a free modem and no extra charges?
2) On the regular Rogers site, for the original packages they say: A modem rental or purchase is required. So I'm assuming no one here bought a modem, correct?
3) Do they give you a selection of which modems to choose from? Which one should I choose? The Rogers site appears to have 2.. http://www.rogers.com/web/link/modems
4) Is waiving the installation fee the most we can get out of this?

Thanks for any help/input! Would be greatly appreciated!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2819 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
Whats the big difference in 3MB Upload vs 10MB Upload..besides the obious speed...where will I see the difference?

My parents are usually streaming international channels off a internet box, and i have a dish box being fed online keys to keep it running, and then our cell phones, youtube, and the odd downloading of music/movies

So would I notice this at all?

I only VPN into work sometimes (once a month if that)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 26, 2002
9324 posts
2495 upvotes
Toronto, ON
knacks wrote:
Jul 15th, 2013 3:34 pm
Hey, I'm new to this thread and was looking for internet. Just had some basic questions.
1) I noticed it was Free Modem Rental. So no hidden/monthly fees ever? We just get a free modem and no extra charges?
2) On the regular Rogers site, for the original packages they say: A modem rental or purchase is required. So I'm assuming no one here bought a modem, correct?
3) Do they give you a selection of which modems to choose from? Which one should I choose? The Rogers site appears to have 2.. http://www.rogers.com/web/link/modems
4) Is waiving the installation fee the most we can get out of this?

Thanks for any help/input! Would be greatly appreciated!
1) You'll receive a discount that will offset the monthly rental fee. (e.g. if the modem rental fee is $8, there will be another line that will credit you $8, so effectively it's free).
2) No one is buying a modem here, since it's a free rental.
3) I don't think they give you a selection. The tech doing the install will bring one with him to the install and that's what you'll get. If you want to change it to a different model, take it to a Rogers store and exchange it there. But be warn, if you do an exchange, make sure the Rogers rep knows what he/she is doing and re-applies the free rental back on your account. Or else the credit may drop off and they'll start charging you for the modem.
4) The most you'll get is have the activation fee ($14.95) and installation fees ($50) waived.
wmahmud wrote:
Jul 15th, 2013 4:48 pm
Whats the big difference in 3MB Upload vs 10MB Upload..besides the obious speed...where will I see the difference?

My parents are usually streaming international channels off a internet box, and i have a dish box being fed online keys to keep it running, and then our cell phones, youtube, and the odd downloading of music/movies

So would I notice this at all?

I only VPN into work sometimes (once a month if that)
A higher upload speed would improve uploading of photos/videos, VPN and other remote access tools would work faster, and if you stream from your computer to a remote device (like to a smartphone), then the quality of the stream would improve as well. And I'd imagine it also helps gaming.

Most of what you described requires high download speed so having high upload speed won't make a big difference to those activities.
Jan 21, 2013
784 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2013 4:59 pm
1) You'll receive a discount that will offset the monthly rental fee. (e.g. if the modem rental fee is $8, there will be another line that will credit you $8, so effectively it's free).
2) No one is buying a modem here, since it's a free rental.
3) I don't think they give you a selection. The tech doing the install will bring one with him to the install and that's what you'll get. If you want to change it to a different model, take it to a Rogers store and exchange it there. But be warn, if you do an exchange, make sure the Rogers rep knows what he/she is doing and re-applies the free rental back on your account. Or else the credit may drop off and they'll start charging you for the modem.
4) The most you'll get is have the activation fee ($14.95) and installation fees ($50) waived.
Thanks a bunch rvs007! Do you have this deal? And do you have any experience with they're new modem? I was searching online for reviews and noticed a lot of people have complained about it.
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/fo ... ad-id/7137

Anyone else having problems with it?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 26, 2002
9324 posts
2495 upvotes
Toronto, ON
knacks wrote:
Jul 15th, 2013 5:23 pm
Thanks a bunch rvs007! Do you have this deal? And do you have any experience with they're new modem? I was searching online for reviews and noticed a lot of people have complained about it.
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/fo ... ad-id/7137

Anyone else having problems with it?
I have the W35 deal (25Mbps download/2 Mbps upload, free modem, no contract) + $10 unlimited bandwidth (need 3 Rogers home services to qualify), which works out to $45/mo. They gave me the Hitron modem that you linked to. I read that the wireless on that sucks so I promptly turned that feature off and kept using my existing wireless router. I get speeds that's consistent with the advertised rates so the modem is doing what it's supposed to so I have no issues with it.
Jan 21, 2013
784 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2013 5:36 pm
I have the W35 deal (25Mbps download/2 Mbps upload, free modem, no contract) + $10 unlimited bandwidth (need 3 Rogers home services to qualify), which works out to $45/mo. They gave me the Hitron modem that you linked to. I read that the wireless on that sucks so I promptly turned that feature off and kept using my existing wireless router. I get speeds that's consistent with the advertised rates so the modem is doing what it's supposed to so I have no issues with it.
Hmm, so if I don't have an existing wireless router I'm out of luck then right? Which modem do you currently use then? Do you think they would still have that in stock?
× < >