Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2474 posts
1010 upvotes
I did an online chat last night and that's all the rep kept saying as well, $48 dollars a month is still a great deal!

I don't know if I want to bother calling retention's and going through all of that all over again. The whole point of this deal was so that I didn't have to call these dummies anymore.

It's about the principle. I signed up being promised 8 years at this $45 price and less then a year later its changed. It's really ridiculous. Guaranteed they would have the multiple call recordings of the reps confirming to me what I was signing up for, but its Rogers, they will just make up stupid excuses. Just more bait and switch tactics from Robbers.
Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
The $270 plus taxes credit I was given was in reality only $270 and I had to call again to get the $35.10 or 13% tax added on to the credit. I took the advice given in these forums and managed to worm my way through Rogers voice jungle and found the cancel option (it was hard to find) and that put me straight through to Rettentions. From there is was easy to get what I had been already promised but not given as far as the tax on the credit. Still took about 15 minutes. At least it didn't involve any blood pressure rising issues that can sometimes occur when you deal with Rogers, other than it was hard to worm my way through to the cancel option in the voice prompt jungle.

Everyone on W45 should call and get the same credit and hold Rogers accountable for their lying ways. I have all my services with Rogers and have been with them since the late 70's. After this I'd switch in a heartbeat although I remember having worse experiences dealing with Bell as far as customer service goes and constant price increases.

Isn't it nice living in a country where monopolies rule?
[OP]
Jan 20, 2012
79 posts
102 upvotes
Barrie
zzzz24 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2014 11:06 pm
I am on the $45 300gb plan as well. I was told it was for 8 years, now I got the $3 a month increase as well. This seems really shady.

Just email Rogers CEO @ Guy.Laurence@rci.rogers.com and it will be fixed.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15529 posts
1510 upvotes
GTA
i can't even see my bill... the system is down
Dec 17, 2013
70 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
I called retentions and got my monthly payment reduced from $54.24 to $42.94 for one year. A savings of $135.60. Not as good as BaadDawg did, but I'm down to just one service with Robbers. I'll have to call back in a year and haggle with them again...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5154 posts
1209 upvotes
Kanata
My bill increased from 45 to 48 as well. I called them up and she put it back to 45$ and said it'll only be for one year. Then it will be back to 48$.

I didn't receive any email about the change like I usually do, and I wonder if I'm still on the same plan. Should I still complain to CRTC. The best reason to get 8 year guarantee was that I don't have to play this song and dance with them every year.

Also if the CRTC gets them to pay you back the credit, what about next year when there's another price increase.?
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2474 posts
1010 upvotes
The whole point was to be on an 8 year price guarantee and not have to call these dummies every year. I think I am going to take it to the CRTC.
Jul 7, 2004
980 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
I was told the W45 plan with 300GB usage (introduced around July 2013) does not have the 8 year price protection that the original W45 plan (200 GB usage) has.
Your going to have to bargain hard to get anything out of these guys if you are on the W45-300GB plan and signed up on or after July 2013.
Good Luck
Jun 2, 2009
640 posts
718 upvotes
Ontario
Start.ca is becoming more and more attractive - $45 (30 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up) for 200GB.

Rogers' is now $48 for 300GB (30 Mbps down, 3 Mbps up), and rate will probably be going up every year or two.

But Start.ca's rate can certainly go up in the future too... Tough decision.
Oct 19, 2009
54 posts
2 upvotes
North York
Just called the office of president about something else and mentioned to him about the price increase.

He said that there nothing he can do beside credit me $50 on the account since I didn't seems to get the price increase letter sent out on July 18?
Oct 16, 2010
535 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
OK not really following this thread, but saw few of you mentioning about the price going up - so thought I'd jump in and save you guys couple of more bucks, rather than us paying more $$$$$s to Rogers!

Noticed my bill went up too from $45 to $48 without any communication from Rogers (as usual in the past)....anyways I called in wondering what happened, since I've never even come close to 300GB in my life for per month usage. Rep kept on checking and ultimately came back saying that the price went up. She didn't have a clue either. Told her I'm switching to Bell, she came back with another loyalty plan which is even better - basically 300GB for $35 (no contract, savings of $10/month+taxes)...well you know what to do next...hope that helps and good luck!
Apr 5, 2004
374 posts
97 upvotes
How long is $35/mth good for? 8 years? 1 year?
AMaZiNG_DeaLz wrote:
Sep 25th, 2014 10:07 am
OK not really following this thread, but saw few of you mentioning about the price going up - so thought I'd jump in and save you guys couple of more bucks, rather than us paying more $$$$$s to Rogers!

Noticed my bill went up too from $45 to $48 without any communication from Rogers (as usual in the past)....anyways I called in wondering what happened, since I've never even come close to 300GB in my life for per month usage. Rep kept on checking and ultimately came back saying that the price went up. She didn't have a clue either. Told her I'm switching to Bell, she came back with another loyalty plan which is even better - basically 300GB for $35 (no contract, savings of $10/month+taxes)...well you know what to do next...hope that helps and good luck!
Oct 16, 2010
535 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
It's good for life, until another mess up.
Once removed or if you switch to fiber cable then you lose this and they cannot add it back.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12446 posts
4227 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AMaZiNG_DeaLz wrote:
Sep 25th, 2014 10:44 am
It's good for life, until another mess up.
Once removed or if you switch to fiber cable then you lose this and they cannot add it back.
So essentially, good until the next price hike next year. :razz: