[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Oct 16, 2010
498 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2014 10:54 am
So essentially, good until the next price hike next year. :razz:
lol yep - call retentions and negotiate...it works :)
Apr 5, 2004
372 posts
97 upvotes
I called and they said no such plan. :(

They only offered $9 one time credit. And that was it!!!
AMaZiNG_DeaLz wrote:
Sep 25th, 2014 10:44 am
It's good for life, until another mess up.
Once removed or if you switch to fiber cable then you lose this and they cannot add it back.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1586 posts
1247 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just called them. Was offered $10 credit per month for the next 12 months. I accepted. Will call back following year again to get more discounts.
Oct 16, 2010
498 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
Just call again, ensure to speak to retentions.
Express that you're not happy about the price change and also that it was done without any communications.

Tell them you're cancelling and moving on to another network if they don't deal with this issue...they do have this plan and are offering it to those who were on $45 plan without much hassle.
Apr 5, 2004
372 posts
97 upvotes
I did talk to retention. They said this is only available to who has cable service as well.
AMaZiNG_DeaLz wrote:
Sep 25th, 2014 12:08 pm
Just call again, ensure to speak to retentions.
Express that you're not happy about the price change and also that it was done without any communications.

Tell them you're cancelling and moving on to another network if they don't deal with this issue...they do have this plan and are offering it to those who were on $45 plan without much hassle.
Oct 16, 2010
498 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
jkaibo wrote:
Sep 25th, 2014 12:12 pm
I did talk to retention. They said this is only available to who has cable service as well.
That's not true, I don't have cable with them.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4828 posts
5540 upvotes
AMaZiNG_DeaLz wrote:
Sep 25th, 2014 10:07 am
OK not really following this thread, but saw few of you mentioning about the price going up - so thought I'd jump in and save you guys couple of more bucks, rather than us paying more $$$$$s to Rogers!

Noticed my bill went up too from $45 to $48 without any communication from Rogers (as usual in the past)....anyways I called in wondering what happened, since I've never even come close to 300GB in my life for per month usage. Rep kept on checking and ultimately came back saying that the price went up. She didn't have a clue either. Told her I'm switching to Bell, she came back with another loyalty plan which is even better - basically 300GB for $35 (no contract, savings of $10/month+taxes)...well you know what to do next...hope that helps and good luck!
I called retention, and he tried to look it up with the back office team but couldnt find anything like this. Do you have more detail about the plan, like plan name, speed?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Oct 16, 2010
498 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
BB88 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2014 10:18 pm
I called retention, and he tried to look it up with the back office team but couldnt find anything like this. Do you have more detail about the plan, like plan name, speed?
Don't have the plan name, it's the same $45 plan with 300GB. Will check on my next Rogers invoice. Possible monthly $10 credit!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1645 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
So, this is no longer $45 per month to new subscribers too? Mine went up to $48 as well, how do you guys deal with this? Talk to retentions or cancel?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11712 posts
3755 upvotes
Toronto, ON
conix67 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 9:58 am
So, this is no longer $45 per month to new subscribers too? Mine went up to $48 as well, how do you guys deal with this? Talk to retentions or cancel?
I don't think you can sign up for W45 anymore.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2684 posts
1097 upvotes
Mississauga
Wrestlemania wrote:
Sep 25th, 2014 12:04 pm
I just called them. Was offered $10 credit per month for the next 12 months. I accepted. Will call back following year again to get more discounts.
Retentions?
I love RFD! :)
Oct 7, 2004
993 posts
109 upvotes
Having difficulty getting Rogers to give me a credit. They keep saying it's a "general increase". Will keep trying.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1579 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
My 45 dollar plan got increased to 48. So I called Rogers and the man on the phone put me on hold several times and at the end of the call he said that he will credit my account the $3 and that my bill in the future will remain $45.

Then a few hours later I receive an email about Rogers Account Change Details. In that email it said this: Internet

Added:
120GB Extreme + 80GB $ 89.49
Removed:
300GB Hi-Speed Extreme $ -48.00
Installation Details
Your requested changes will be completed and activated on all the equipment in your home
on Tuesday 30 Sep, 2014

So I called Rogers again and said my bill went from 48 to 100 and they said no it didn't its just a system error, wait 48 hours. I'm not sure but this seems like a big scam by Rogers I was on the 45 dollar plan since it came out and now this is just plain lying. Hopefully the rep was honest and that I will remain at 45 and not jacked up to 100 without my authorization. Anyone else ever experience anything like this? What should I do?
Oct 7, 2004
993 posts
109 upvotes
They were only willing to give me $3 off for 12 months.

The rationale is that even though the deal was guaranteed for 8 years, Rogers did a review of their prices and found it wasn't competitive (or as high) as the market and decided to increase it. Is there a way we can all forward this to a Rogers ombudsman or customer relations rep on how this is extremely poor business practice?