Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Nov 12, 2005
246 posts
28 upvotes
North York
I spoke with rogers earlier today and was informed the same thing. I asked for an email to voice my complaints and was told to go to rogers.com and click on contact us. All rogers offered me was a one time 50.00 credit to my bill.

If it is a price guarantee for 8 years, is there to way to fight this?

Not a very happy robbers customer right now.
expergo wrote:
Sep 30th, 2014 4:27 pm
They were only willing to give me $3 off for 12 months.

The rationale is that even though the deal was guaranteed for 8 years, Rogers did a review of their prices and found it wasn't competitive (or as high) as the market and decided to increase it. Is there a way we can all forward this to a Rogers ombudsman or customer relations rep on how this is extremely poor business practice?
Nov 12, 2005
246 posts
28 upvotes
North York
If you have an unresolved issue or concern, you can escalate by asking for a manager during a call or live chat, or by submitting your concern online. We will try to respond to concerns submitted online within 3 business days.

http://www.rogers.com/en/on/web/Rogers. ... reAConcern

Unfortunately their website is down for maintenance but will send my complaint in tomorrow. Hoping to have the deal added back on or get the 120.00 one time discount as others have been fortunate enough to receive from robbers. All I got from my CS rep was a lousy one time 50.00 discount.

zobi123 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2014 4:16 pm
My 45 dollar plan got increased to 48. So I called Rogers and the man on the phone put me on hold several times and at the end of the call he said that he will credit my account the $3 and that my bill in the future will remain $45.

Then a few hours later I receive an email about Rogers Account Change Details. In that email it said this: Internet

Added:
120GB Extreme + 80GB $ 89.49
Removed:
300GB Hi-Speed Extreme $ -48.00
Installation Details
Your requested changes will be completed and activated on all the equipment in your home
on Tuesday 30 Sep, 2014

So I called Rogers again and said my bill went from 48 to 100 and they said no it didn't its just a system error, wait 48 hours. I'm not sure but this seems like a big scam by Rogers I was on the 45 dollar plan since it came out and now this is just plain lying. Hopefully the rep was honest and that I will remain at 45 and not jacked up to 100 without my authorization. Anyone else ever experience anything like this? What should I do?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1565 posts
1183 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zobi123 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2014 4:16 pm
My 45 dollar plan got increased to 48. So I called Rogers and the man on the phone put me on hold several times and at the end of the call he said that he will credit my account the $3 and that my bill in the future will remain $45.

Then a few hours later I receive an email about Rogers Account Change Details. In that email it said this: Internet

Added:
120GB Extreme + 80GB $ 89.49
Removed:
300GB Hi-Speed Extreme $ -48.00
Installation Details
Your requested changes will be completed and activated on all the equipment in your home
on Tuesday 30 Sep, 2014

So I called Rogers again and said my bill went from 48 to 100 and they said no it didn't its just a system error, wait 48 hours. I'm not sure but this seems like a big scam by Rogers I was on the 45 dollar plan since it came out and now this is just plain lying. Hopefully the rep was honest and that I will remain at 45 and not jacked up to 100 without my authorization. Anyone else ever experience anything like this? What should I do?
You just got Rogered.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1339 posts
44 upvotes
I just got shafted as well without notice. What is wrong with this company???? Their 8 year guarantee didn't last 1 year. I thought the new CEO focus was on customer service.
All is not golde that outward shewith bright...lydgate
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15150 posts
2069 upvotes
Toronto
Why doesn't Rogers have to honour their promises? A locked amount means a locked amount, what's going on? So now what?
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11662 posts
3736 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DaVibe wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2014 8:35 pm
Why doesn't Rogers have to honour their promises? A locked amount means a locked amount, what's going on? So now what?
Well, the issue is that the 300GB W45 plan never explicitly said it had price protection for 8 years. Everyone assumed it had because the original W45 plan had it. I know some people said they were told by the CSR that it was guaranteed for 8 years, but we know all too well that the word of a CSR doesn't mean anything anyway. So technically, there's no promise that Rogers had to honour to begin with.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1339 posts
44 upvotes
When I complained they just wanted me to cancel and go to bell.
Apr 14, 2003
209 posts
7 upvotes
I really liked W45 when I first got it but not as much now that it is W48.

I'm redlining 300GB and I'm trying to figure out what to do. I hate to play games with retention.

Any suggestions as to where to go? Is TekSavvy Cable 30/300 a good alternative to W48? Is it theoretically unlimited cap?
Jan 4, 2014
548 posts
66 upvotes
I have called in 4 different times and the best offer I have received is $36+ taxes one-time credit. All agents (including one manager) are parroting the "This is a great deal regardless, we are sorry" line. Very annoying.
Nov 23, 2010
135 posts
196 upvotes
I was just told by Rogers Rep over the phone that the price increase of $2 was generated in error and that affected accounts have been pro actively credited. This "mystery credit" will allegedly appear on my next invoice. I forgot the amount but it was around $13 or something....

I guess enough people started to cause a stir.... Just like they arbitrary wanted to raise the cellphone bills by $2 few months back.....
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1339 posts
44 upvotes
dog116 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2014 10:58 pm
I was just told by Rogers Rep over the phone that the price increase of $2 was generated in error and that affected accounts have been pro actively credited. This "mystery credit" will allegedly appear on my next invoice. I forgot the amount but it was around $13 or something....

I guess enough people started to cause a stir.... Just like they arbitrary wanted to raise the cellphone bills by $2 few months back.....
show me the money...won't get fooled again.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7306 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
I suspect there is more thefts on the horizon...

Just received bill and the total is lower. The detail is worrisome to me even money is credited.

This month I am charged $6 extra but then there is a $12 credit. WTF is going on with them robbers??

(PS I haven't actually done anything to ask for any $ back)
Apr 16, 2008
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
People we need to fight back. I recorded the original phone message so I have proof that they offered me the 8 year price freeze.

I am in the process of filing a complaint with the CRTC,

Marketplace on CBC,

and various newspapers.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!