Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
mathiewannabe wrote: so does that mean you have free internet for at least 1 year?
Yup. Seems everyone who files with CCTS gets offered the same 2 options to settle.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1489 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
BaadDawg wrote: Yup. Seems everyone who files with CCTS gets offered the same 2 options to settle.
i just submitted CCTS complaint now.

the extra credits would make this super hot. after 1 year, might as well switch to another isp.
Dec 19, 2011
528 posts
152 upvotes
Got a settlement as mentioned. $650 for year 1, $650 for year 2.

I'm OK with that.
Oct 1, 2012
312 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
BaadDawg wrote: I filed a complaint with the CCTS on Friday. Received a call this evening from Rogers and was offered what others were offered who filed similar complaint. Either the 8 years for $45 but with 200GB instead of 300GB or a cash settlement one time credit to my Rogers account of $650.88. I accepted the latter. You first have to have tried to reach an agreement with Rogers before you file the complaint. Even if you do reach an agreement with them (which was my case) if it is not one of the 2 options file the complaint and they will likely offer it to you. No fighting or hassling on the phone. You agree that there was never a promise of 8 year commitment to the price (in their letter to the CCTS) which isn't true lol but $650 makes up for some of their bad behaviour. This in in addition to in my case a previous settlement of a lesser amount which didn't factor into their offer.
I filed a complaint with CCTS last week and received an email from Rogers today. They say that the 300 GB plan was not rate protected and was offered to me in error. They have offered a credit of $1139.04 to my account. This credit is being based on estimated $3 price increase per year. They say that the credit will offset the increase for remainder of the price protect period.

I am undecided what to do here. If I accept the offer, wont they jack up the prices beyond the estimated $3 price increase per year as they mention in the email? I dont even fully understand how they calculated $1139.4. The prices on the website are too high (Hybrid 30 - $76.99 + tax)and I fear they will just push me to one of those pricing plans.

Is it rather better to ask to be moved to the 200GB price protected plan?
Dec 19, 2011
528 posts
152 upvotes
sanket007 wrote: I filed a complaint with CCTS last week and received an email from Rogers today. They say that the 300 GB plan was not rate protected and was offered to me in error. They have offered a credit of $1139.04 to my account. This credit is being based on estimated $3 price increase per year. They say that the credit will offset the increase for remainder of the price protect period.

I am undecided what to do here. If I accept the offer, wont they jack up the prices beyond the estimated $3 price increase per year as they mention in the email? I dont even fully understand how they calculated $1139.4. The prices on the website are too high (Hybrid 30 - $76.99 + tax)and I fear they will just push me to one of those pricing plans.

Is it rather better to ask to be moved to the 200GB price protected plan?

The settlement I received was for service credit @ $48 for 24 months. Half applied as credit immediately, half applied after 1 year in 2015. The exact method of calculating will be outlined in the settlement provided to you and the CCTS.
Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
$48 x 24 is double what I was offered and accepted. At the time I accepted nobody was being credited more than $48 x 12 plus tax. Sanket007 I would take the money and run. If they change plans you can switch to another provider once your credit runs out or negotiate to be put on another 1 year discounted package.
Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
nickscott wrote: The settlement I received was for service credit @ $48 for 24 months. Half applied as credit immediately, half applied after 1 year in 2015. The exact method of calculating will be outlined in the settlement provided to you and the CCTS.
Nick can you please post a copy of the complaint resolution letter you received with the offer of $48 x 24. I am going to contact the person that I settled with for half that amount and request equal treatment. You can omit your name and account details.
Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
Below is a copy of the letter I received with my settlement:

Office of the President
October XX, 2014
Customer:
Service:
Contract Date: Month to Month
Issue: Internet Rate Increase
Complaint status: RESOLVED
CCTS Incident Number:

Dear Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services,
An account review has been completed based on the complaint submitted to you dated October XX 2014. A comprehensive report has been completed for your review.
Summary of customers’ complaint:
Mr. XXX has stated he was offered 300 GB data, for a guaranteed monthly rate of $45 plus taxes per month over and eight (8) year period; however, his September 2014 and October 2014 invoices reflects a $3 - plus taxes rate increase.
Mr. XXX has requested for the price of $45 plus taxes per month be reflected on his monthly invoices going forward.

Rogers Review Findings and Recommended Resolution:
The review completed has determined that the 300 GB/ $45 plus taxes Internet package was offered to Mr. XXX on March XX 2014.
There is no documentation on the account to support a guaranteed pricing for the Internet package of $45 plus taxes over a period of eight (8) years.
As requested, the Office of the President has reached out to Mr. XXX and we have educated him on our findings. We have further apologized for any inconveniences caused.
As a gesture of goodwill, we have offered a LUMP SUM credit in the amount of $650.88 – (equivalent to 12 months monthly service fees - $48 x 12 x HST =$650.88).
Mr. XXX has accepted the offer as a resolution to his concerns brought forward.
The $650.88 credit was applied to the account with immediate effect and he was advised that pricing increase is possible going forward.
Mr. XXX has expressed his satisfaction with the resolution provided and at this time no further action is required.
Should you require any additional information or further clarification in this matter please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards
Alana Hackett-Brown
Rogers Communications Partnership
Dec 19, 2011
528 posts
152 upvotes
BaadDawg wrote: Nick can you please post a copy of the complaint resolution letter you received with the offer of $48 x 24. I am going to contact the person that I settled with for half that amount and request equal treatment. You can omit your name and account details.
 In an effort to resolve this matter with the customer we have apologized for the inconvenience
 Rogers has offered to allow the customer to keep this package at no cost for a 2 year period
 This will be applied through a one-time lump sum credit in the amount of $48 + HST ($54.24) x 24 months= $1301.76
 The first credit of $650.88 will be applied today October 29, 2014 and the second credit in the amount of $650.88 will be applied on October 1, 2015
 The customer is aware that following this 2 year period starting in October 2014- September 2016 they would be subject to the rate of the product at that time unless they wish to change the product to something new and in market based on offers available at that time
 The customer has confirmed satisfaction with this resolution and considers this matter resolved
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1489 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
Help please.

They only offered 200gb plan or free internet for 6 monthd which is 280~. What is my option? I feel like im getting really lowballed compared tp other posters here.
Dec 19, 2011
528 posts
152 upvotes
Not sure the reason behind the different offers. Perhaps it's based off some calculation, but your guess is as good as mine. The least you could do is ask the person managing your case at Rogers.
Oct 1, 2012
312 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
mathiewannabe wrote: Help please.

They only offered 200gb plan or free internet for 6 monthd which is 280~. What is my option? I feel like im getting really lowballed compared tp other posters here.
File a complaint with CCTS or try Better Business Bureau. Ask them to trace the original call when they offered Price Protection. In my case, I had case ID, date/time, agent name and they were able to verify that the agent offered me Price Protection, in error though.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1489 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
sanket007 wrote: File a complaint with CCTS or try Better Business Bureau. Ask them to trace the original call when they offered Price Protection. In my case, I had case ID, date/time, agent name and they were able to verify that the agent offered me Price Protection, in error though.
this is after i submitted complaint to CCTS, that's what they offered me.
Oct 1, 2012
312 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
mathiewannabe wrote: this is after i submitted complaint to CCTS, that's what they offered me.
What happens if you do not accept the offer from Office of the President? They told me, if i am unsatisfied, they will proceed to the investigation stage with CCTS.
May be once they figure out that you are not gonna agree with an average offer, they may give a better offer.
Jul 10, 2004
30 posts
Yeah I took 3 months free was all I was offered or the lowered 200 gig but whatever I figured better than nothing and took it.