Aug 26, 2002
11799 posts
3794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ppl4golf wrote:
Feb 12th, 2015 6:45 pm
Hi,
I am late to the thread.
Can someone kindly point to me and walk me through the complain process ?
Is there a draft of a sample complain letter somewhere I can inspire myself with ??
Thanks in advance!
First call up Rogers and complain to them that you are being charged $3/mo. more than what you should be getting. Since they have admitted to the mistake, they should be able to put the price protection back on your account. If for whatever reason they can't/won't do it, then the next step is to file a complaint with CCTS. I don't think you need to prepare any complain letter. I think you can do it through CCTS's website.
Feb 23, 2008
35 posts
13 upvotes
Same happened to me, they offered me $10 discount and got me switched off my W45 plan, when I called back in, they said they can't put me back because w45 is no longer available, they open a case for back office see if they can do something, but have to wait for 2 weeks to know the result.

Anyone know if there is something I can do to get my w45 plan back?
Gevaltech wrote:
Jan 20th, 2015 2:31 pm
I just stumbled across this thread in the nick of time. A friendly CSR randomly offered a $10/month discount on my $45 300gb plan and I gladly accepted without thinking twice. When I saw this thread I realized that they might have used it to switch me off the W45, so I called back to check. Sure enough that is exactly what they had done. After much persistence, they finally put me back on the 8 year price freeze.

Sure, I lost that $120 of credits, but I did get back $3 increase for past 4 months. And best of all ... no increases for next 7 years. Thanks to all the RFDers that put up the good fight!
Sep 30, 2012
93 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
rumcoke wrote:
Feb 16th, 2015 11:19 pm
Same happened to me, they offered me $10 discount and got me switched off my W45 plan, when I called back in, they said they can't put me back because w45 is no longer available, they open a case for back office see if they can do something, but have to wait for 2 weeks to know the result.

Anyone know if there is something I can do to get my w45 plan back?
guys, I just noticed Rogers bumped my bill for $3 since last aug! question is how do I know I am on w45?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11799 posts
3794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tommywangcg2 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2015 11:40 pm
guys, I just noticed Rogers bumped my bill for $3 since last aug! question is how do I know I am on w45?
Post the line items of your bill and we can probably confirm if you're on w45.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11799 posts
3794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tommywangcg2 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2015 12:23 pm
[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2817b7p.png[/IMG]
That's the 300GB "new" W45 that got everyone confused about whether it had the 8 yr. price protection. Regardless, Rogers is now honouring the 8 yr. price protection so just call them and tell them your plan is supposed to have the price protection and you want the price protection to be added back on your account, and the $3 increase credited back to you for the last half a year. If they try to make any excuses & refuses to do it, then file a complaint with the CCTS and they will get Rogers to do it.
Sep 30, 2012
93 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
crappy music and hold for 30 minutes, Rogers confirmed this is the new 'W45' which is different than 'another w45 which has 200G limit', so they won't 'adjust' anything, sad.. any strategy from here?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11799 posts
3794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tommywangcg2 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2015 2:20 pm
crappy music and hold for 30 minutes, Rogers confirmed this is the new 'W45' which is different than 'another w45 which has 200G limit', so they won't 'adjust' anything, sad.. any strategy from here?
File a complaint with CCTS. Tell them when you signed up you were told the $45 pricing was guaranteed for 8 years. Let them get Rogers to correct it for you.
Sep 30, 2012
93 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2015 2:44 pm
File a complaint with CCTS. Tell them when you signed up you were told the $45 pricing was guaranteed for 8 years. Let them get Rogers to correct it for you.
haven't done that before but bet Rogers will tell CCTS the same story they told me. point is I don't have the paper proof they every said that...
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11799 posts
3794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tommywangcg2 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2015 2:56 pm
haven't done that before but bet Rogers will tell CCTS the same story they told me. point is I don't have the paper proof they every said that...
Nobody has any paper proof because Rogers never gave written proof of the 8-year price protection. But their CSRs were telling all those who signed up that it exists. I suggest you escalate it up to CCTS and have them deal with it. Everyone who has done so has gotten the price protection applied to their plan. I don't know why you're being pessimistic about it...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7321 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2015 4:08 pm
Nobody has any paper proof because Rogers never gave written proof of the 8-year price protection. But their CSRs were telling all those who signed up that it exists. I suggest you escalate it up to CCTS and have them deal with it. Everyone who has done so has gotten the price protection applied to their plan. I don't know why you're being pessimistic about it...
I haven't done anything yet... Just wonder if anyone went straight to the complaint process and got results?

I am just afraid the CSR are primed to screw you out of the original agreement...
Sep 27, 2003
9456 posts
2212 upvotes
Newmarket
Guys - just PM the Facebook Rogers group. Resolved in an hour.
RFD Forums Moderator
May 18, 2011
530 posts
72 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I had the 8 year free modem rental deal too and my modem died and rogers replaced it and started charging me 8$/month for it and will not remove the charge. They used to charge me the 8$ and then credit it back. They claimed my deal is so good that I should not complain even with the 8$ change well... goodbye rogers... I would rather pay more for an honest company. Only problem is finding one.. ;)
Sep 30, 2012
93 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2015 4:08 pm
Thanks!! Rogers called me back, resolved my complaint with CCTS, they fully honor the price protection refunded the diffference. Appreciate the help, redflagdeals rocks!!
May 5, 2013
30 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
I spent an hour on the phone with various reps at Rogers regarding this W45 plan and the price protection. They kept offering different resolution offers ($3 credit X 24 months) .I kept insisting not good enough and wanted to file complaint to CCTS. Manager put me on hold for about 30 mins, one of her last offers was revert back to $45 per month, credit the account for over charges and put a code on the account for price protection but could not guarantee that future price increases wouldn't affect the account and not sure "how long the code would last". That was definitely tricky wording. I said, still not good enough and will complain to CCTS! She put me on hold for the millionth time and finally came back and said she would honour the 8 years at $45 per month at 300 GB , put a note stating so on file and gave me a code for the phone call. I confirmed twice she would honour this for 8 years and also had her confirm the years (2013-2021) just in case!
Be persistent if you speak to them or just file with CCTS.