Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Feb 28, 2012
181 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mouseswimming wrote:
Jan 20th, 2016 10:00 pm
Anyone get mail said the price will increase on Feb 24, 2016?
I do and I'm on the original $45 (35/3 for 200gb) 8 years price protection plan.

The letter also saying if you are in the promotion period, your price will stay the same till the end of the promotion.

I will keep an eye on the upcoming bills to make sure no any $3 stupid increase.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11717 posts
3756 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SuperMocha wrote:
Jan 20th, 2016 10:34 pm
I do and I'm on the original $45 (35/3 for 200gb) 8 years price protection plan.

The letter also saying if you are in the promotion period, your price will stay the same till the end of the promotion.

I will keep an eye on the upcoming bills to make sure no any $3 stupid increase.
If you're on the original W45 or the W35 deals and didn't get affected by the $3 increase last time (when it went from $45 to $48 for some people) then you shouldn't get affected this time around also.
Oct 14, 2013
30 posts
6 upvotes
I got this plan 3 years ago, but this week I received a letter from Rogers saying that they are going to increase the price by $3/ month from February.
I called Rogers today and the guy told me that he cannot see the "no increase for 8 years" in his system and it is what it is.
Is it only me?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1125 posts
207 upvotes
Did you get a email from Rogers confirming the price lock for 8 years back in 2014?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15328 posts
1255 upvotes
Scarborough
i'm waiting for the letter. then it's a CCTS complaint. :)
CHINESE IPTV APP AND BOX FREE TRIAL:IPTV Group Buy
Apr 16, 2008
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Watch out, they are at it again. I also got the letter.

I have documented proof they gave me 8 years price lock. I had to go through a lot of trouble in 2014 to keep the deal they offered me in 2013.

I have a feeling that I am going to have to go through it all again in February.

Too bad we have no other choice where I live, I would ditch rogers in a minute if another company could offer me the same.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2671 posts
505 upvotes
Just an update guys...I'm on the original W45 plan and also received the letter advising of an increase. Just received my bill and no increase from the original price. All is peaceful.....for now.
Apr 16, 2008
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
yyz2hkg wrote:
Feb 4th, 2016 10:03 am
Just an update guys...I'm on the original W45 plan and also received the letter advising of an increase. Just received my bill and no increase from the original price. All is peaceful.....for now.
wait until the next bill. I'll bet it goes up. After dealing with the disfunctional company in 2014 I am not holding my breath!!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11717 posts
3756 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ckeays wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 8:38 am
wait until the next bill. I'll bet it goes up. After dealing with the disfunctional company in 2014 I am not holding my breath!!
If he's on the original W45 it hasn't increased with the last 2 rounds of price hikes so there's no indication the pricing would all of a sudden be affected now. Same with those on the W35 package. It's the people who are on the newer W45 package who saw their price go up to $48 last time who needs to pay close attention to their bills. If they called in or got CCTS involved to get their rates adjusted back to $45, then this will be the first test of whether Rogers re-added the price protection properly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8101 posts
1731 upvotes
Ontario
ckeays wrote:
rvs007 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 9:55 am
If he's on the original W45 it hasn't increased with the last 2 rounds of price hikes so there's no indication the pricing would all of a sudden be affected now. Same with those on the W35 package. It's the people who are on the newer W45 package who saw their price go up to $48 last time who needs to pay close attention to their bills. If they called in or got CCTS involved to get their rates adjusted back to $45, then this will be the first test of whether Rogers re-added the price protection properly.
Yup, this. There is much to be cynical about with Rogers, but most people (myself included when I had it) on the W35/W45 (original) reported reps mentioning that the price is fixed until 2023. LOL. Even people in a 2 year fixed price get the letter. Everyone does. There is verbiage in there that says people who have fixed price terms are not affected, whether that's 1, 2 or 8 years.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2399 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
onlineharvest wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 10:42 am
ckeays wrote:
rvs007 wrote:
Yup, this. There is much to be cynical about with Rogers, but most people (myself included when I had it) on the W35/W45 (original) reported reps mentioning that the price is fixed until 2023. LOL. Even people in a 2 year fixed price get the letter. Everyone does. There is verbiage in there that says people who have fixed price terms are not affected, whether that's 1, 2 or 8 years.
is the W45 a deal anymore given there are other options for the same price? seems like the 8 yr protection was all the rage before, but with Internet usage up unlimited seems to be the way of the future

even 200/300gb doesn't cut it in most big households and even if it's not a cap issue, 35/5 is slow
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8101 posts
1731 upvotes
Ontario
chadw01 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 12:44 pm
onlineharvest wrote:
ckeays wrote:
rvs007 wrote:
is the W45 a deal anymore given there are other options for the same price? seems like the 8 yr protection was all the rage before, but with Internet usage up unlimited seems to be the way of the future

even 200/300gb doesn't cut it in most big households and even if it's not a cap issue, 35/5 is slow
Most definitely unlimited is the way to go now, even with moderate users (I am one). However, you were able to get W35/45 with unlimited also. Even with unlimited, many have jumped out of that plan for other deals. I for one was fortunate enough to catch the short window of opportunity for Gigabit and VIP for $99.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2399 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
onlineharvest wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 3:40 pm
chadw01 wrote:
onlineharvest wrote:

Most definitely unlimited is the way to go now, even with moderate users (I am one). However, you were able to get W35/45 with unlimited also. Even with unlimited, many have jumped out of that plan for other deals. I for one was fortunate enough to catch the short window of opportunity for Gigabit and VIP for $99.
W45 with unlimited? Damn, I missed the boat on that one.

GigU and VIP for 99 was supposedly only offered for select postal codes in the North York area. If you got in on it, kudos!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8101 posts
1731 upvotes
Ontario
chadw01 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2016 10:30 am
onlineharvest wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 3:40 pm
chadw01 wrote:

W45 with unlimited? Damn, I missed the boat on that one.

GigU and VIP for 99 was supposedly only offered for select postal codes in the North York area. If you got in on it, kudos!
Yeah, W35/45 was unlimited for +$10/month.

The Gig/VIP for $99 was first reported on RFD and for a short window, you were able to get it outside of those area codes. :) Not without effort (for most), but it was a very very active thread at the time I recall.

And just as we didn't think we'd jump from W35/45, there may just be yet another crazy deal for RFD to go nuts about. And they are gone as fast as they come. :)
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15222 posts
2138 upvotes
Toronto
Still stuck paying $48 instead of the $45 ... good ol' Rogers :D
RedFlagDeals addict