Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10626 posts
3183 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had W35+unlimited and was paying $45 but in the end what made me switch was the 2Mbps upload speed that the W35 package had. It was too slow for any kind of cloud backup that I need to do with my data and photos/videos. I was also fortunate enough to get on the Gigabit+VIP package and the (up to) 50Mbps upload speed is amazing for cloud backup.
Apr 16, 2008
10 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Just another good reason to record all phone calls to companies like Rogers or Bell.
You can get an app for your phone to do this easily.

If I didn't have the phone recording as proof, I would have got nowhere with rogers,
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
17056 posts
5369 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm still on this plan and it feels good knowing the price is guaranteed for a few more years.
Jul 17, 2014
97 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey, anyone on the W35/45 plans and getting terrible speeds? Mine hasn't gone above 10 in months. Granted, there was some work done on the cables, but even after fix its still crappy... anyone else getting 'throttled' ?
Dec 14, 2007
118 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
WorldIRC wrote:
Mar 9th, 2015 11:50 pm
Guys - just PM the Facebook Rogers group. Resolved in an hour.
^^^THIS.
I got a letter in the mail saying my $45 300 GB plan would increase by $5. But I had the 8-year guarantee, and there is still about 6 years left. I called Rogers and was basically insulted on the phone as I was told I have no such guarantee.
After stewing for a day and investigating the possibility of cancelling, I found this message and PM'd the Rogers Facebook group. Problem solved in minutes - rate guarantee in my account was quickly found and re-affirmed.
It would be nice if the various methods of communicating with Rogers gave the same results. +1 to the Facebook team.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13785 posts
1269 upvotes
Toronto
ANOTHER price increase. Plan just jumped from $48 to now $53 a month!!!

Messaging Rogers about this right now ...

Edit: No dice on Facebook. Offered me $43 + tax for 1 year ($48.59) but it sounds like that's a new plan and suddenly I'm open to account changes.

Edit 2: So they sent the same quote to my email, because it's valid for 2 weeks. Right on it, it says valid for 1 year, after that time, it returns to $59.99 in April 2018!

Holly crap, why would I do that to myself? Are they nuts? I'm a long-term customer (want to be), not short term!

Anyways, gonna file a complaint I guess, faced with no other option really.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10626 posts
3183 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DaVibe wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 11:21 pm
ANOTHER price increase. Plan just jumped from $48 to now $53 a month!!!

Messaging Rogers about this right now ...

Edit: No dice on Facebook. Offered me $43 + tax for 1 year ($48.59) but it sounds like that's a new plan and suddenly I'm open to account changes.

Edit 2: So they sent the same quote to my email, because it's valid for 2 weeks. Right on it, it says valid for 1 year, after that time, it returns to $59.99 in April 2018!

Holly crap, why would I do that to myself? Are they nuts? I'm a long-term customer (want to be), not short term!

Anyways, gonna file a complaint I guess, faced with no other option really.
Just wondering... why didn't you get this resolved when the price jumped from $45 to $48 and a bunch of people found out the price wasn't protected? Didn't you at that point contact the CCTS and get Rogers to honour the price guarantee? Or are you saying that was done and now your rate still got increased?
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13785 posts
1269 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2017 10:35 pm
Just wondering... why didn't you get this resolved when the price jumped from $45 to $48 and a bunch of people found out the price wasn't protected? Didn't you at that point contact the CCTS and get Rogers to honour the price guarantee? Or are you saying that was done and now your rate still got increased?
Just didn't get around to it. No guarantee back then.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10626 posts
3183 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DaVibe wrote:
Apr 29th, 2017 11:46 pm
Just didn't get around to it. No guarantee back then.
Should have taken care of it last time when they were willing to re-apply the price guarantee when customers complained to the CCTS. Not sure if they would be willing to do it now (and it sounds like they are not from the two offers they gave you). But probably won't hurt to try anyway.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13785 posts
1269 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2017 8:39 am
Should have taken care of it last time when they were willing to re-apply the price guarantee when customers complained to the CCTS. Not sure if they would be willing to do it now (and it sounds like they are not from the two offers they gave you). But probably won't hurt to try anyway.
I didn't feel comfortable filing the complaint with the information I had at the time (lack thereof about my sign up), so I didn't. Yes, I agree with you, would have been nice to take care of it then.
"Deal of the Day" addict
May 15, 2009
86 posts
18 upvotes
If anyone is hit with a price increase that is suppose to be on the 8 year price protection plan, contact the office of the President through the Rogers web-site. Escalate until you get someone that will help, I was able to get a credit equal to the amount of the increase over the remainder of the protection period applied in one lump sum. Make the sure the person notes in the account detail that you are price protected for 8 years and should not be getting a price increase. This way it makes it easier to get the credit during the next increase. Lastly, make sure you get the resolution detailed in an email by rogers.