[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1973 posts
1053 upvotes
Etobicoke
MikeTO2 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 11:29 am
Everyone thats on this plan - do you have the old 'ladybuy' modem? How can you get a updated one? - every time i call in or go to the store, they dont 'carry' those models anymore so i need to upgrade my plan to handle new modems...
Why do you want to upgrade your model, wireless range for all rogers modems sucks. Its better to use your own router
DaVibe wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 11:09 pm
Does it really matter what modem? I just have my own wireless unit hooked up to it
+1
I am using netgear r7000 for last 2 years and no issue with wireless connectivity
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15942 posts
3088 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else running at 30MB? I just looked and that's what my bill has me as (currently).
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1539 posts
610 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been on this plan for ~4 years now. They increased the price a couple of years ago I think but gave me an equivalent credit to account for the difference. This month's bill has another notice for a $8 increase. Has anyone else also seen this? Anyone gotten in touch with Rogers about it?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12299 posts
4110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hackoder wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 12:08 pm
I've been on this plan for ~4 years now. They increased the price a couple of years ago I think but gave me an equivalent credit to account for the difference. This month's bill has another notice for a $8 increase. Has anyone else also seen this? Anyone gotten in touch with Rogers about it?
If previous price increases haven't changed your plan at all (because the offsetting credit has increases proportionately) then I don't think the upcoming $8 increase would affect it at all. I assume you're on the original W45 that had the price protection properly added, and not the "new" W45 where the previous $3 increase didn't get reflected and had to get CCTB or the OOTP involved in making the adjustments.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1539 posts
610 upvotes
Mississauga
rvs007 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 12:40 pm
If previous price increases haven't changed your plan at all (because the offsetting credit has increases proportionately) then I don't think the upcoming $8 increase would affect it at all. I assume you're on the original W45 that had the price protection properly added, and not the "new" W45 where the previous $3 increase didn't get reflected and had to get CCTB or the OOTP involved in making the adjustments.
I'm not sure to be honest; It shows up as 300GB Hi-Speed Extreme 30 down/3 up in my bill. I did have to get in touch with them at the previous price increase. I guess I'll find out next month..
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12299 posts
4110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hackoder wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:21 pm
I'm not sure to be honest; It shows up as 300GB Hi-Speed Extreme 30 down/3 up in my bill. I did have to get in touch with them at the previous price increase. I guess I'll find out next month..
Well, in that case, the $8 increase will likely show up next month. If everything is documented in your account during the last increase, and if the price protection is clearly noted in your account, it should be quite simple for Rogers to adjust the credit. But as we all know, nothing is quite simple when it comes to Rogers.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15942 posts
3088 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:42 pm
Well, in that case, the $8 increase will likely show up next month. If everything is documented in your account during the last increase, and if the price protection is clearly noted in your account, it should be quite simple for Rogers to adjust the credit. But as we all know, nothing is quite simple when it comes to Rogers.
They aren't budging for me at this point, saying my account did NOT have price protection. Basket full of lies over at Rogers
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15942 posts
3088 upvotes
Toronto
NOTICE ABOUT YOUR ROGERS INTERNET SERVICE RATE
Internet usage on the Rogers network is growing by more than 40% each year and to make sure our customers continue to experience fast and reliable service, we're investing in our networks and infrastructure to deliver the best possible Internet service.

To support this investment and to continue staying ahead of the growing demand, the monthly service fee for your Rogers Internet package will increase by $8 per month plus taxes starting on the date of your first bill on or after March 12, 2018. Please see the Internet section of this bill for your current Internet monthly service fee.

Rogers is recognized as Canada's fastest Internet.* Third-party testing consistently highlights the quality of our Internet service. In the upcoming year, we will install over 1,800 km of fibre optic cabling in neighbourhoods across our footprint to amplify our advanced network technology with even greater capacity.

For offers with guaranteed savings off the monthly rate for a promotional period, the percentage or dollar discount will continue until the promotional period ends, but will be discounted off the new rate. If your Internet package is part of a bundle, on the effective date of this rate change, the total monthly service fee will increase by $8 plus taxes (both before and after the end of any guaranteed savings promotional period). For offers with a guaranteed monthly rate for a promotional period, the new rate will not apply until after the promotional period ends. If your Internet package is included as part of your condo maintenance fees, this rate change does not apply.

All other aspects of your Rogers Internet service will remain the same. If you have any questions or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your services, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.

Thank you for choosing Rogers. We will always keep working to improve our services and continue delivering the best experience for our customers.

*For more details, please visit rogers.com/ignite.
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1973 posts
1053 upvotes
Etobicoke
hackoder wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:21 pm
rvs007 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:42 pm
DaVibe wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 5:13 pm
They aren't budging for me at this point, saying my account did NOT have price protection. Basket full of lies over at Rogers
I am on the same plan and rogers CSR told me my plan will not change. I out my rogers line on temp hold for 2 months to try carrytel $34.99 deal. So if it works well for me i will cancel rogers line or will go back to my $45 plan with them in 2 months.
Oct 13, 2017
83 posts
39 upvotes
I still have another few years on my W45 plan, and up to now have been satisfied enough that it hasn't been worth upgrading for me. It's been nice to have a break from the annual Rogers retentions song and dance.
But these 500u for $24.99/Gig for $34.99 deals being talked about are mighty tempting. Problem is they're only for 12 months (although some are getting 24 months by calling in rather than doing online chat). Anyone else made the switch? If I can get a 2 yr guarantee I think I'll have to do it, but a 1 yr will go back up to $100 before I know it.

Any thoughts? Worth giving up the W45 or will I regret it?
A Koodo and Paytm customer
Feb 28, 2012
194 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
picknpay wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 1:24 pm
I still have another few years on my W45 plan, and up to now have been satisfied enough that it hasn't been worth upgrading for me. It's been nice to have a break from the annual Rogers retentions song and dance.
But these 500u for $24.99/Gig for $34.99 deals being talked about are mighty tempting. Problem is they're only for 12 months (although some are getting 24 months by calling in rather than doing online chat). Anyone else made the switch? If I can get a 2 yr guarantee I think I'll have to do it, but a 1 yr will go back up to $100 before I know it.

Any thoughts? Worth giving up the W45 or will I regret it?
I was thinking about the same question and Rogers helped me made my decision as my condo is not fibre to home yet, so I wasn't offered the 500u for $25 :) The retention rep also told me to keep the W45 as still have 3 years of price protection. He even said sth like "you know how it works, I mean I work here I have seen enough...“ quite amusing to hear that from the retention.
Nov 25, 2002
971 posts
188 upvotes
Brampton
I had 4 years left on my W45, but decided to switch to the 500u for $30 (for 12 months) instead. I figured it's quite easy to find Internet service for sub-$45 these days from the various providers, so might as well save $15 per month for a year, and then get a retention a deal or switch to another provider.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4885 posts
5677 upvotes
specialoffers wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 10:39 am
I am on the same plan and rogers CSR told me my plan will not change. I out my rogers line on temp hold for 2 months to try carrytel $34.99 deal. So if it works well for me i will cancel rogers line or will go back to my $45 plan with them in 2 months.
Rogers can put account on temp hold?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Feb 28, 2012
194 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BB88 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 12:27 pm
Rogers can put account on temp hold?
I think it's the same thing for vacation away hold
Feb 28, 2012
194 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nabeel wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 12:23 pm
I had 4 years left on my W45, but decided to switch to the 500u for $30 (for 12 months) instead. I figured it's quite easy to find Internet service for sub-$45 these days from the various providers, so might as well save $15 per month for a year, and then get a retention a deal or switch to another provider.
Good for you...too bad my postal code wasn't qualified