[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Nov 25, 2002
944 posts
170 upvotes
Brampton
SuperMocha wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 2:57 pm
Good for you...too bad my postal code wasn't qualified
My postal code wasn't qualified for the $25 500u promo. I got the $30 500u from the management live chat.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
14834 posts
1781 upvotes
Toronto
Advice: The minute a change is made, file the CCTS Complaint. Reason being, Rogers has given me the run around because I kept paying after a change, which in their mind meant I "accepted" the change.

Truthfully, I called in, or emailed or Facebook chatted or anything I could think of, from time to time, to ask why is my price continuing to change - with no help from Rogers.

After the CCTS Complaint, they are still saying that "this plan cannot be honoured" even though I know several of you are still on it.

Anyways, just completely tired of arguing with Rogers, even though I'm correct and received a credit for other services and cancelled altogether.

If you opt for the 1 year plan being offered for $24.99 today, I would just tread carefully. The "regular plan" is much more expensive, so you won't be keeping it. Instead, you'll be begging for a new deal from Rogers or looking to change companies, which you'd hope you can find a deal at that time with someone else. Personally, if I had W45, I would just sit on it until 2022. Then again, I'm paying $34.99 with another provider for cheaper and faster service.

How I've been treated and this, "We cannot offer you this plan" by Rogers is sickening, I'm just so fed up, that's why I left entirely.
Last edited by DaVibe on Apr 3rd, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
14834 posts
1781 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you for taking the time for our conversation last week. Further to our discussion, listed below are steps implemented by Rogers towards your account:

· You have followed up with Rogers on multiple instances in order to get an offer to get the internet service at $45.99 + tax per month.

· This offer was originally extended in 2014 and the discount was promised for 8 years till 2022.

· It is evident that on multiple instances when you followed up with Rogers, you were informed that this price cannot be accommodated for you.

· There was a pattern on the account that reflects every 6 to 12 months you were told that the option to disconnect service is there as the price being seeking cannot be provided.

· I wanted to take the opportunity to acknowledge that perhaps a mistake was indeed made in 2014 and an offer that was erroneous was extended to you.

· That said, in the event Rogers does inform that we are unable to honor the price and the option to disconnect service without any financial implications is provided, there is no further obligation beyond this notion.

· In light of your negative experience and in order to address and resolve the issue, a goodwill gesture was extended to you.

· A goodwill credit of $192.00 + tax was extended towards the account which wouls compensate the $8 price increase on the internet product is lump sum for 24 months.

· While you have gracious accepted the credit; you have however, opted to instead disconnect your Rogers account instead. That certainly was an option available to you.

· This matter now stands addressed and closed.
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1779 posts
920 upvotes
Etobicoke
BB88 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 12:27 pm
Rogers can put account on temp hold?
SuperMocha wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 2:56 pm
I think it's the same thing for vacation away hold
Yes. But they charge you $15 per month.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8249 posts
9068 upvotes
GT-EH
lol... wholly thread bump from the stone ages!

Anyone still on this plan? hahaha
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1779 posts
920 upvotes
Etobicoke
GiOBoY wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 8:49 pm

I just move to carrytel. And put my plan on hold for 2 months to test carrytel service.
Its been good so far. So i am going to cancel my.rogers plan soon
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8249 posts
9068 upvotes
GT-EH
specialoffers wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 10:32 pm
I just move to carrytel. And put my plan on hold for 2 months to test carrytel service.
Its been good so far. So i am going to cancel my.rogers plan soon
I went from Teksavvy DSL 15/1 to Carrytel 75/10.

So far it's been solid - almost no slow down during peak hours.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
368 upvotes
Brampton
I had the 45$ plan until last week, but was close to the 300 GB limit very often. Switched to the 500u for 24.99. Put s reminder to call negotiate a deal next year.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1477 posts
503 upvotes
Mississauga
I am on the $45 plan - called in but couldn't get the 24.99 500u plan. I'm mostly okay with the current speed and stability of service, so didn't keep trying.

The $45 plan wasn't affected by the recent price increase for me. Monthly credit was automatically bumped up to $16 to account for this and the last $8 increases.
Dec 4, 2011
130 posts
20 upvotes
Gta
Has anyone been able to change their modem to a more recent model and still keep this deal? I still have the swiss cheese one, but it been acting up lately.
Apr 16, 2008
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
GiOBoY wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 8:49 pm

i am still on this plan since 2013. After fighting to keep the plan, the price stayed the same, month after month. We never contact Rogers to make any changes to the account because we all know how disfunctional the company is!
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
14834 posts
1781 upvotes
Toronto
ckeays wrote:
May 5th, 2018 4:23 pm
i am still on this plan since 2013. After fighting to keep the plan, the price stayed the same, month after month. We never contact Rogers to make any changes to the account because we all know how disfunctional the company is!
Understatement. I'm avoiding Rogers at all costs and I told the rep that when I quit.
They can't be trusted, this plan (And lack of honouring) proves that.
RedFlagDeals addict
Apr 16, 2008
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
In my area there is no dsl, and teksavvy is more expensive than Rogers.

So I really DON'T have a choice.

I am supposed to get 30 down, 3 up.
The download speed is always way more than 30 (usually 50 or more)
upload is always the same.

If the service starts giving me trouble, then I will switch to another provider
but for now it works so I won't fix it.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
14834 posts
1781 upvotes
Toronto
ckeays wrote:
May 5th, 2018 6:00 pm
In my area there is no dsl, and teksavvy is more expensive than Rogers.

So I really DON'T have a choice.

I am supposed to get 30 down, 3 up.
The download speed is always way more than 30 (usually 50 or more)
upload is always the same.

If the service starts giving me trouble, then I will switch to another provider
but for now it works so I won't fix it.
Should see if CanNet / CarryTel is available, everyone is talking about it here on RFD and that's who I went with. Cheaper, faster and a Rogers rep came to my door to install it. I can't ask for much more.
RedFlagDeals addict