489 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Is this a regional offer?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2196 posts
443 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
I'm sure that there is provision for changing requirements/economy/operating/provision costs or they may already have increases laid out, approved by the crtc. the crtc says 'increases approved' and either 6mths or a year down the road the increases start rolling in either quarterly or annually. only way out is to switch to another plan, forfeiting your current d/l cap and rates even if to a lower rate it'll be on a locked in term. or again once they've got you, the more typical: sorry 'bout your luck.. the better offered 'promo' deals are only for NEW customers (just as this one is) and won't be available to you because you're already a rogers customer. hook, line and sinker. they can do what they want when they want.

here's the fine print from Rogers terms of service

Unless otherwise specified in a Service Agreement, we may change, at any time, any charges, features, content, functionality, structure or any other aspects of the Month-to-Month Services or the Term Services, as well as any term or provision of a Service Agreement, upon notice to you by bill message, text message, letter or e-mail. If you do not accept such change, your sole remedy is to terminate the affected Services or Service Agreement within 30 days of your receipt of our notice of change (unless we specify a different notice period), by providing us with advance notice of termination pursuant to Section 34.

its just what they do (bell, rogers and the crtc) aka the Canadian ISP ménage à trois. this is just my opinion of course ;)
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Banned
Jun 5, 2012
1418 posts
497 upvotes
00Yoni wrote: Lool oh man. I just got offered the 15/10 with unlimited usage for $57 from Bell.
lol. bell is probably loosing lots of customers (rfders) to this deal. unlimited seens like a good deal, like the old days.
Oct 13, 2008
628 posts
363 upvotes
Mississauga
Thirteen (13) year old customer tried to get the 45$ deal but was denied by Retentions, therefore gave them a notice of 30 days to cancel my Extreme service. Good bye Rogers!
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3834 posts
549 upvotes
Scarborough
Rogers/bell/telus are pretty sad. Just because they own the cable and phone lines which they SHOULD NOT OWN (most of the wire is made by tax payer $$) only the last mile is made by RBT, they feel like they can rip us off as much as they want. Too bad for them cell services don't need any wires and anybody can offer competition.
May 15, 2011
56 posts
52 upvotes
***** wrote: *************
Thanks OP!
Straight up ordering process
Ordered it Feb 1st in the AM, went and picked up the self install kit. up and running in the PM.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
jadoogar wrote: Thirteen (13) year old customer tried to get the 45$ deal but was denied by Retentions, therefore gave them a notice of 30 days to cancel my Extreme service. Good bye Rogers!
yup, i got pissed off too, they won't give this deal to longtime rogers members! i want to cancel too but im locked for one year, i didn't know i was under contract for one year, to cancel i'd have to pay like 150bucks i think
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Apr 14, 2003
210 posts
8 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote: yup, i got pissed off too, they won't give this deal to longtime rogers members! i want to cancel too but im locked for one year, i didn't know i was under contract for one year, to cancel i'd have to pay like 150bucks i think
See my post here: Terms and Conditions on price increase

I was able to cancel my recently renewed 2-year contract on cable TV and internet today with no ECF. I asked about this $45 deal but they just wouldn't give it to me. I told them that if they changed their mind on offering me the $45 deal, then call me - maybe.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1653 upvotes
Any new customers able to get the $45 deal?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9358 posts
865 upvotes
I am interested too.. with bell upping their internet price by 3 bucks.. 52.95 for 25/10 isnt worth it now.

edit: just called in, the offer is legit... through a regular internet sales rep he offered me this plan, except he didnt say it was for 8 years, it was for as long as you stayed with them. weird.
Aug 30, 2008
118 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
professorbuy wrote: Question.
Do you know if this deal is compatible / available to customers in buildings that have Rogers cable TV paid by the condominium corp?
- I get a Rogers bill, however no cable TV is charged. (I think it is just to keep track of the terminal)
- No cable internet is currently installed.
Thanks.
The internet bill is under my dad's name and has always been under his name. If I sign up myself does that mean I'm a new internet customer or is it address based?
Aug 27, 2008
862 posts
564 upvotes
Ottawa
aquariaguy wrote: Any new customers able to get the $45 deal?
Yes. I just cancelled my Bell 6/1 service (they upped it to $52/month... what a joke).

Ender666666 helped me out. I got signed up on Saturday and they are coming this weekend to hook me up.
Nov 17, 2010
582 posts
330 upvotes
Thornhill
@Ender666666, my bell fibe's 50% off will expired next month. I think they will increase the price and I'd like to switch. Can I schedule a cable installation after 1 month...?