Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2374 posts
443 upvotes
Just call rogers, I was told that this is contract for 8 years?
Jul 14, 2002
606 posts
247 upvotes
Mississauga
Meridian wrote: How did you get this deal? It's $55 on their website. I'm with Teksavvy too and realized today that my 3M/256K cable plan no longer exist. It was replaced with 6M/256K. The bs part is the agent told me they grandfathered my planned about a year ago. However, they did not grandfathered my price as it went up from $27 to $31. $31 is the cost of the new 6M/256K plan. Therefore, I was paying $31 for the past year and only getting 3M when it should have been 6M. Wow, I felt so special being grandfathered! I expected better from Teksavvy.

Debating whether I should switch to this Roger's plan. Although 30M+ is nice, 6M is sufficient for my needs. The only thing is I bought a Slingbox and don't think my current pathetic 256K upload will be sufficient.
Not sure where you're located, but I see an unlimited 3mbps/800kbps plan with teksavvy for $24.95 which looks to solve your problem of insufficient upload and price.

http://teksavvy.com/en/residential/inte ... sentials-3
Oct 27, 2012
3 posts
2 upvotes
ottawa
My contract expired last week.
Call Rogers, they give me $45/month with extreme, 200G/month with free Modem rental and good for 8 years with no contract
I think they want to keep their customers.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto

Actually it is okay, I got the plan, the rep is really nice. I am going to pick up the modem today.

For those who is on this plan, what kind of modem did you use on this Rogers extreme plan?

****** wrote: ***************.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2374 posts
443 upvotes
Ender666666 wrote: No, they were mistaken. It's Price Protected for 8 years. NO contract.

I called retention, after 25 minutes latter, got it. Yes, no contract. Most Rogers CSRs does not know anything about this.
LOL, 8 years contract... :eek!
May 25, 2004
13 posts
1 upvote
Rooster wrote: I called retention, after 25 minutes latter, got it. Yes, no contract. Most Rogers CSRs does not know anything about this.
LOL, 8 years contract... :eek!
So you were able to get this deal as an existing customer by going through retentions? Did you get the activation fee and installation fee waived since you already had service?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2374 posts
443 upvotes
Existing customer, No activation and installation fee, had service for the past 15-16 years with them. I just told them that I hate calling retention every year to get the same-thing and ended up messing up my bill. If you have problem, Ender666666 might be able to help you. just PM him.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1730 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
Just called in and got denied by retentions. CSR and retentions both said the promo expired end of January. Offered me some garbage 30% plan.

Did any of you guys who were current Rogers internet customers get to switch after Jan 31?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1730 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
Rooster wrote: Existing customer, No activation and installation fee, had service for the past 15-16 years with them. I just told them that I hate calling retention every year to get the same-thing and ended up messing up my bill.
Are you in Ontario?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1730 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
Wow I wonder why they're giving me the run around then. Thanks for answering my questions.
May 10, 2007
865 posts
36 upvotes
Thornhill
Just called in and was told I can't get this promotion because I have Home Phone and Cable with them.
It is a stand alone offer and you cannot sign up for it if you have other things?

Note: I am an existing customer.

HUH?
Oct 13, 2008
609 posts
356 upvotes
Mississauga
I called Rogers 3 times for this offer every time customer relations denied me this promotion saying I was not eligible for it (13 years with Rogers), so I gave them the 30 day notice. Great job Rogers keep it up and soon you will have no old customers.