Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3801 posts
533 upvotes
Scarborough
Meridian wrote: How did you get this deal? It's $55 on their website. I'm with Teksavvy too and realized today that my 3M/256K cable plan no longer exist. It was replaced with 6M/256K. The bs part is the agent told me they grandfathered my planned about a year ago. However, they did not grandfathered my price as it went up from $27 to $31. $31 is the cost of the new 6M/256K plan. Therefore, I was paying $31 for the past year and only getting 3M when it should have been 6M. Wow, I felt so special being grandfathered! I expected better from Teksavvy.

Debating whether I should switch to this Roger's plan. Although 30M+ is nice, 6M is sufficient for my needs. The only thing is I bought a Slingbox and don't think my current pathetic 256K upload will be sufficient.
im on their 18/512 plan..sorry thought it was 18/1. Anyways the cost is $37 a month plus tax, and I get a 300gb cap every month. But from 2-8am, your bandwidth is unlimited so basically the service is pretty much unlimited bandwidth if you schedule your downloads right. The upload is low, but in a couple of months, teksaavvy will get the same dl/ul speeds due to speed matching.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1728 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
jadoogar wrote: I called Rogers 3 times for this offer every time customer relations denied me this promotion saying I was not eligible for it (13 years with Rogers), so I gave them the 30 day notice. Great job Rogers keep it up and soon you will have no old customers.
Same here, 12 years with Rogers. They can go to hell.
Mar 5, 2004
242 posts
13 upvotes
Oakville
Just spoke with internet sales, I am an existing internet rogers client,
and the rep knew all about the promotion and applied effective immediately.
I did not threaten to cancel, I had just been friendly and humourus.
I asked her name. If you wish pm for it, I'd be pleased to give it to you.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1728 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
xsivspd wrote: Just spoke with internet sales, I am an existing internet rogers client,
and the rep knew all about the promotion and applied effective immediately.
I did not threaten to cancel, I had just been friendly and humourus.
I asked her name. If you wish pm for it, I'd be pleased to give it to you.
Are you in Ontario? WTF
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
so much YMMV if you already have a higher priced plan with Robbers cable internet!im calling in friday!
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Dec 12, 2005
572 posts
4 upvotes
generaltao99 wrote: Are you in Ontario? WTF
If you're currently under a promo(retention plan) on your TV and/or home phone line, you don't qualify for this promotion (This is what customer relations told me)
:)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2371 posts
443 upvotes
I'm on a retention plan with them and got this deal??? Robbers is so non-consistence. Seems like the lazy rep deny you right away. The Rep I got told me to wait that he have to get the code over-ride as this is not a day-to-day package. I waited like about 20 minutes back and forth.

I think the key point maybe "be friendly"
Oct 17, 2010
996 posts
375 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
*********** wrote: ***************

Friend who has rogers already just got off with retentions got passed around 3 agents but was able to secure same offer.
Oct 17, 2010
996 posts
375 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
blaznazn22 wrote: im on their 18/512 plan..sorry thought it was 18/1. Anyways the cost is $37 a month plus tax, and I get a 300gb cap every month. But from 2-8am, your bandwidth is unlimited so basically the service is pretty much unlimited bandwidth if you schedule your downloads right. The upload is low, but in a couple of months, teksaavvy will get the same dl/ul speeds due to speed matching.
Note the unlimited 2-8 is only for DSL. But in the same breath teksavvy can't properly track your cable bandwidth still (think they have to pay rogers for a report or something) so their cable is essentially unlimited. Im sure you will raise red flags when you hit 500GB+ but that is in the realm of ridiculous.
Aug 30, 2008
118 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
Just called in as an existing customer and got the package in 10 minutes :)

I went into technical support and asked the rep for the CSR. IMO tech support don't care as much about keeping you away from the CSR. Told him I was paying too much and he transferred me to the CSR with no hesitation.

CSR picked up and asked if I wanted to cancel. I said yes I wanted to cancel because the internet was too pricey.

She noticed my contract was finished a couple months ago and offered me 20% off. I said no thanks and asked for the $45 package. Heard typing in the background and silence for a bit and she gladly offered the package soon after.

The best rogers experience I've ever had.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5163 posts
1210 upvotes
Kanata
Some of you guys are real lucky, I tried to get this plan for like 6 calls now. No one is budging!
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
****** wrote: ***************.
Existing customers can't get this deal because Rogers has their hands way too deep in those peoples pockets at the moment. They're hoping that these customers will forget about this offer, develop dementia, or they will simply have crushed the competition by the time these customers are allowed to switch to this plan.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Aug 8, 2006
430 posts
120 upvotes
Rogers Offer
35/3
200gb

Teksavvy (ontario)
28/1
300gb + unlimited at night

You get that much higher upload speed but reduced overall cap ... itll be something like 1gb an hour if you max that, which'll def add up over the month.

oh and you have to use roger's ***** wireless modems as they dont allow the motorolas from teksavvy.

its a good offer from a rogers standpoint ... but no thank you!
Nov 18, 2006
444 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
i just got the plan, as well as free installation and a 50 dollar credit to cover the activation.