Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Jan 15, 2006
507 posts
32 upvotes
I hope OP wrote it down the Rogers ticket # :) otherwise next month prise increase.
It happen to me Rogers offered me 50% of $61.99. when I got the bill no discount. Then I called they said it is not possible. Luckily I had my ticket number. Agents put me on hold and comes back saying sure we will honour it.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4413 posts
809 upvotes
GTA
The deal is legit and it is 8 years, not months. Got the same deal last Wed and getting it installed today.
willy wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 3:20 pm
I am pretty sure I would need much more than 200GB/mth in 8 years time ;) No deal for me ... hee hee
There's no contract, just a price guarantee. You can switch to another plan or ISP when you need more bandwidth.

EDIT: This is offered to New Customers Only!
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1373 posts
81 upvotes
I spoke with several Rogers Agent a few days ago & I mentioned to them about a deal like that, but all them agreed that this deal were offered during the holidays & it's over now & they only offered me an 80 GB.

Anyhow, if the above deal recent how can I get it

Is there any phone number?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
7429 posts
695 upvotes
Richmond Hill
robbers be there for another 8 years?!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
6080 posts
5748 upvotes
GT-EH
Give rogers my $$$ for 8 years?!

No way! They billed me an extra 30 days service upon cancellation.
What I wanted to hear was, bill me until my next billing cycle is over - not extra 30 days from the day I call - idiots.
That just made me furious and will never do business with them again in my lifetime.
They did a good job to ensure I never come back. :P

Wind Mobile + Teksavvy DSL is just fine for me.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7515 posts
393 upvotes
Scarborough
+1 No Rogers for me either. I'm happy to stay with the smaller guys.
willy wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 3:20 pm
I am pretty sure I would need much more than 200GB/mth in 8 years time ;) No deal for me ... hee hee
Feb 28, 2012
114 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was told about this deal by a booth during weekend shopping.
Signed up to it with 14.95 activation fee + 49.99 (or 59.99) installation fee waived.
Called in customer service line to verify. It is for 8 years not 8 months. The rep was very nice and emphasized that there's no contract terms. The only thing needed to pay attention is the 30 days cancellation notice.
When price goes up or anything happens to this plan, we can always cancel and run!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
267 upvotes
Kitchener
Menace wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 4:00 pm
+1

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
May 16, 2010
94 posts
6 upvotes
akz wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 3:14 pm
with rogers NOTHING is guaranteed. Second it falls off your account or you make a change "oops sorry sir the promo is now discontinued and I can not add it back on"
+1 on this, personal experience.

I changed one option in my wireless value pack - The agent confirmed the change but not the change in the bill. I get a new bill with the value pack removed. Called in and the value pack promotion is discontinued cannot be put on. after 2 hours retentions gives me a credit apologizing for the miss.

From that point on Rogers always will tell me that they are already giving me a huge credit that no other customer gets.
Jan 9, 2012
25 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
mcmn243 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 3:24 pm
How can I get this deal (70% off)? I've been trying for two months to get 250GB from Rogers but no way.
I've talked to 4 salesmen and they haven't heard of 50% or 70% off of any internet package.
I guess they don't want my business and I'll stick with TSI.
You have to be:
  • in Bell Fibe Area
  • have Rogers Internet and Rogers Cable TV
  • stay committed with Rogers for two more years
  • cannot combine with other promotions.
Jan 14, 2013
14 posts
Get it in writing! This is Rogers we're talking about. Good luck even in writing.
Dec 3, 2012
170 posts
19 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Things are changing so fast now a days that Eight years from now, you probably won't have to pay for internet or you will pay significantly less than what you are paying now. For example, Free Wifi is available in most coffee shops, fast food restaurants, Shopping centers so on. Maybe it will be free Wifi Zone everywhere.
Gazoo11 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 2:33 pm
Just talked to a Rogers Internet rep and he offered me:

No contract
$45.00 Rogers Extreme Internet (35 Mpbs/3 Mpbs)
Free extreme modem
200 GB a month
$14.95 activation charge
$49.95 installation fee
+Taxes
This rate is guaranteed for eight years with any increase to be credited back to you on monthly basis

So after first month (activation and installation cost) the total per month is $50.85 for rogers extreme service

Good deal and I am in Ontario
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16518 posts
1483 upvotes
in 8 years, we'll have internet coming from chips inside our brains!
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
85 upvotes
Menace wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 4:00 pm
+ 2

unless i have no choice

i will never give rogers a penny of my hard earn money
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
× < >