phez wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:23 pm
Rogers Offer
35/3
200gb

Teksavvy (ontario)
28/1
300gb + unlimited at night

You get that much higher upload speed but reduced overall cap ... itll be something like 1gb an hour if you max that, which'll def add up over the month.

oh and you have to use roger's ***** wireless modems as they dont allow the motorolas from teksavvy.

its a good offer from a rogers standpoint ... but no thank you!
im pretty sure you can use your own Docsis 3 modem with rogers if you want to (i know they dont like the dcosis1) and just use the rogers unit as a bridge with your own router, thats my plan since im running a VPN on my router

RichsAccount wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:24 pm
i just got the plan, as well as free installation and a 50 dollar credit to cover the activation.
Well you sir have gotten a excellent deal, i didnt get out of "installation" (which since i have teksavvy already is a tech dropping off a modem) and a $50 credit to cover the $15 activation is a super bonus.
mind sharing the source of your wealth. (retentions, customer loyalty etc)
Aug 8, 2006
393 posts
84 upvotes
martinwales28 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:34 pm
im pretty sure you can use your own Docsis 3 modem with rogers if you want to (i know they dont like the dcosis1) and just use the rogers unit as a bridge with your own router, thats my plan since im running a VPN on my router

Well you sir have gotten a excellent deal, i didnt get out of "installation" (which since i have teksavvy already is a tech dropping off a modem) and a $50 credit to cover the $15 activation is a super bonus.
i was offered this plan as well and went straight to google to find out about using the 6120, and everything i've read says they will not allow you to use the modem.

also i just finished reading that teksavvy will begin matching rogers speeds in the coming months (possibly as early as march) due to a new reseller agreement with the crtc. so basically there's no reason to switch to rogers unless there is some vastly unforseen price increase (doubtful?)

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27965174-
The decision that describes what happens in the Aggregated-TPIA branch was released just before the new year. That decision states that Rogers must provide exactly the same to us as to their own users.

Today TekSavvy is on the old branch or TPIA. However, as required, we are in the process of migrating over to the Aggregated-TPIA.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1661 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
After I cancelled earlier, I called back and have been on hold with the current CSR for 20mins. She's currently looking at why my account is ineligible for the promotion because I have other Rogers services as well (makes no sense). Hoping this gets somewhere.
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
phez wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:23 pm
Rogers Offer

You get that much higher upload speed but reduced overall cap.

its a good offer from a rogers standpoint ... but no thank you!
Yeah, the only bad part about this deal is the part where Rogers is involved. You know you'd just end up regretting the decision when you see the $14.95 High Speed Pepperoni Network Justification CRTC Mandated Ruffles with Onion Dip Service Charge Mandated by The Government Fee.

Please note, the pepperoni network fee is not mandated by the Government of Canada. We meant to say that our favorite movie is the Manchurian Candidate. Rent it for $4.99 on Rogers ON Demand.

We guarantee this price for 8 years, although we can't guarantee that Dave will be working here for another 8 years, and he's the guy who made the guarantee.

Thanks,
Rogers Custy Support.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2239 posts
787 upvotes
Burnaby
for the love of god, OP, please fix the title....
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1661 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
After a total of 40 minutes on the phone, I finally got it. So I'm now back with rogers, yay...
May 10, 2007
834 posts
31 upvotes
Thornhill
generaltao99 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 4:07 pm
After a total of 40 minutes on the phone, I finally got it. So I'm now back with rogers, yay...
What did they do? I am in the same situation, current customer, have all services and wasn't able to get it added.
Nov 18, 2006
443 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
martinwales28 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:34 pm

sorry i actually got it switched around. i got the 15 dollar fee waived and a 50 dollar credit to cover the 50 dollar install fee. I just called in politely asked if they had the deal still running and asked if they could waive the fees.
*been with rogers wireless for 6 years*
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
generaltao99 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:47 pm
After I cancelled earlier, I called back and have been on hold with the current CSR for 20mins. She's currently looking at why my account is ineligible for the promotion because I have other Rogers services as well (makes no sense). Hoping this gets somewhere.
Because you will lose a "discount" that you're probably getting on your Cable TV. It's all a ruse. Bottom line, they don't want you to switch, because you're a good customer and they want you paying top dollar.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Feb 3, 2007
66 posts
AJAX
Currently have rogers cable and wireless, called into sales and asked for the $45 deal and they gave it to me. Currently on teksavvy but they rogers said modem pick up at store not an option, sending a tech to install (plug in) advised it would be no charge but confirmation has $50 for tech, will need to call in to get that waived. I am okay with the 14.99 admin fee... 8 year price protection.
Apr 22, 2009
601 posts
317 upvotes
Ottawa
Signed up as a new customer for this deal today. Excellent service from a very friendly rep. Got the $49 fee waived but still have to pay the $15 fee. Overall a really great experience from a customer service point of view.

Let's hope there are no hiccups with the service or billing once it starts ;)

EDIT: Just got my confirmation email and it looks like they waived both the $49 fee AND the $15 fee. weee!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4616 posts
930 upvotes
Toronto
did any existing customers manage to get this?

i have a 8month guarantee for express for 42.99 with 300gb that id like to switch to this as i won't have to worry about cancelling

+ no contract is a win win.
Jun 30, 2009
63 posts
10 upvotes
Brantford
so i called again to see if i can get this deal and was deny so i went all the way and canceled. hope they call back with an offer. rogers is the only cable internet provider where i live. I've been with rogers 8+years. what gives?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4616 posts
930 upvotes
Toronto
nvm, called in but you can't get it if you have an existing plan, and on second thought i like my current one better for now anyways

300gb
express
rate protected for 8 months, 41.99
no contract

hopefully something better comes up for existing customers before my term ends