Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Nov 29, 2006
859 posts
191 upvotes
I am an existing Rogers customer because my Rogers internet bill came in to $150 last month and I am very pissed! , so I called Teksavvy first thing this morning and the CSR explained to me dadada, modem $99 + $65 activation fee + $48.95 monthly. then I called Rogers and told them that I want to cancel and planning to goto Teksavvy, then I asked this $45 deal and the guy told me this only for new customer, I said my internet bill is very expensive and I can't affort it, then he told me to hold on for 30 seconds, then he came back and gave me the deal. I guess he saw my record that I have been with them for 20 years. No activation fee and no installation fee, free modem, 200GB/35bps, only $45 plus tax.

We already picked up the modem at Creditview & Eglinton, Mississauga this afternoon.
Modem: Enhance Wifi
My old plan was Extreme Plus
Talked to the dept in sales
I also have their phone and I asked if I get the bundle discount and he said only the phone but not this deal. Ok fine.

Does anyone have a copy in writing saying this deal is good for 8 years? I can't find it anything on line. It is nice to get a copy who knows one day they might change their mind!
May 4, 2006
464 posts
33 upvotes
Just got off the phone with Ender666666
said that it shouldn't be a problem for me to get in on this deal
waiting on rogers to call me to verify everything and should be good to go!
If anyone needs some help, PM Ender666666! great guy
Thanks Dan!
Mar 4, 2009
511 posts
168 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm on the phone with Rogers right now trying to get this $45 deal. I'm an existing customer. They are saying I can't have it for 2 reasons: 1) I'm an existing customer; and 2) I have more services than just internet (I have phone and tv). They put the emphasis on the point that I don't ONLY have internet. To those people that got the $45 deal, do you also have cable or phone with Rogers???
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5535 posts
2745 upvotes
I called in and spoke to a regular CSR who transferred me to Retentions. He acknowledged the $45 plan but told me that since I am on contract until June, I would have to pay a cancellation fee. His suggestion was to call back with 90 days of the contract expiring. Let's hope it's still around then!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2397 posts
937 upvotes
OK - Just got it through retentions, existing customer, was off contract. Currently have the hitron $8 modem, wouldn't work with that one, have to exchange for the $7 gateway instead.
Aug 30, 2008
118 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
cdwalkman wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 8:42 pm
I'm on the phone with Rogers right now trying to get this $45 deal. I'm an existing customer. They are saying I can't have it for 2 reasons: 1) I'm an existing customer; and 2) I have more services than just internet (I have phone and tv). They put the emphasis on the point that I don't ONLY have internet. To those people that got the $45 deal, do you also have cable or phone with Rogers???
yes i have cable and phone
Feb 9, 2005
63 posts
3 upvotes
I got this deal today. Thanks original poster. I was an existing customer and had Express. I also have home phone cable and cell with Rogers. Got it through a normal rep not retentions.
Mar 4, 2009
511 posts
168 upvotes
Ottawa
leaftors wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 9:35 pm
yes i have cable and phone
Thank you! So they lied to me... I will call back tomorrow. I spent 2 hours on the phone with them tonight dealing with this BS. In September I switched to the 300 GB student Express package (300 GB, 12 mbps down, 512 kbps up) for $69 + $7 for modem rental - 30% off, so basically $53 + tax. I finally got sick of the crappy upload speed, so I checked the online packages and saw that Express now includes 2 mbps upload. The "student express" package was supposed to be just 512 kbps up, but I figured it was worth a shot to see if they would bump me to 2 mbps. Tech support refused, but I argued and got transferred to customer care, who agreed I should get 2 mbps. They then sent me back to tech support, who again refused. This happened 3 times until I said enough and they transferred me to retentions. She said there are two versions of the 300 GB deal, one that is 512 kbps, one that is 2 mbps up. So she tried to simply change me to the 2 mbps version, but it wouldn't let her because I'm not in Toronto or London (I'm in Ottawa), which is considered to have "high upload speed potential" or words to that effect. She acknowledged that it's total BS, but said the system would not let her put me on that plan (I actually believe this to be true, she was complaining quite a bit about it).

So, then I asked if I could get the $45 deal, but was told no, as I said before. Then I was offered the Ultimate package (version 2...), which is 250 GB, 75 MBPS down, 2 MBPS up for $72.00 + tax, which includes the modem rental and 30% off. My current contract is up in 6 weeks, so I just went ahead to get the better speeds for the next month. I'm going to call back and push for the $45 plan, and may cancel if they don't. Seems like I'd be a fool not to switch to Teksavy if Rogers won't cough up the $45 plan, which is not even as good as Teksavy to being with.

If anybody else gets the $45 plan AND is an existing customer AND also has cable TV with Rogers, PLEASE POST. Also be interested to know if you're in GTA or not. It seems like GTA gets better offers. Last time I tried to get a deal they said they couldn't offer it to me because I wasn't in GTA...
Dec 3, 2008
35 posts
Toronto
Dragoon wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 10:17 pm
I got this deal today. Thanks original poster. I was an existing customer and had Express. I also have home phone cable and cell with Rogers. Got it through a normal rep not retentions.
So how does it work for those on Express? Is it simply switching your Express profile to Extreme? I ask this because I have an old modem so would I need to upgrade to a newer modem?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1661 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
Rome wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 4:22 pm
What did they do? I am in the same situation, current customer, have all services and wasn't able to get it added.
Sorry about the late reply but it seemed kinda random. I called in twice earlier today and kept getting denied. Eventually I told one of the retentions people (so useless!) to cancel my internet service.

I called back (the 40 minute call), tried to get a customer service person with the intention of making a complaint. Explained that I had cancelled my internet and wanted to know why I wasn't elligible for the promo. I also mentioned that I knew the promo could be applied to existing accounts and that customers were getting switched even today. Said I was disappointed how they were treating me as a customer for 12+ yrs, and were actually overbilling me on my plan (raised my rate but didn't raise the bandwidth cap so many years ago).

That CSR took more ownership than the previous ones and allegedly went to talk about my case to both retentions and her floor manager. I think they needed to cancel my cancellation and override something in my account. Eventually she put everything through but seemed kinda pissed off and told me that I wasn't supposed to be getting it. *shrug*

I spent most of the time on hold unfortunately so that's about about as much detail as I have on their process... Hope that helps.

(recap, I was an existing customer with Extreme HS ($62/month), with home phone and cell phone combined in one bill. Got switched after finally cancelling and calling back in one more time lols)
Apr 8, 2009
9 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Just want to say thanks to Ender666666! Dan was super helpful and probably the most competent Rogers contact I have ever dealt with! Am a new customer and hooked up everything through him. Would def recommend PM'ing him.
Dec 10, 2003
219 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
MegaCreation wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 7:11 pm
Signed up as a new customer for this deal today. Excellent service from a very friendly rep. Got the $49 fee waived but still have to pay the $15 fee. Overall a really great experience from a customer service point of view.

Let's hope there are no hiccups with the service or billing once it starts ;)

EDIT: Just got my confirmation email and it looks like they waived both the $49 fee AND the $15 fee. weee!
How did you manage to get the $49 and $15 fee waived?
I want to sign up for this deal however Dan was only able to give me a $20 credit. When I called sales they see the quote that Dan provided and says that no credits can be applied to this deal. :(
May 6, 2010
493 posts
189 upvotes
Ottawa
Called last night. I'm currently on contract for my Home Phone, Internet and Cable for another month.
I told them I know they have a 30 day cancellation policy, so I wanted to see what kind of deal I can get for another contract. If I couldn't, i'd be cancelling my home phone and moving my internet to Teksavvy.

The rep offered me the Favorites 15$ home phone plan that is found here: rogers-home-phone-starting-10-a-1297741/
Two year term. Rate is locked in for the full 2 years, so protected from price increases

For Cable, she offered me 20% off for 1 year on a 1 year contract. This however is NOT protected from price increases.

And she offered me the internet package mentioned in this thread. She said I would have 5 days to bring my older modem to a Rogers Plus store to exchange it so that it can use the Extreme internet. so $45 a month. NO contract, price guaranteed for 8 years.

Probably still going to cancel my home phone since the majority of calls I get are telemarketers. But loving everything else
Apr 22, 2009
601 posts
317 upvotes
Ottawa
TO_girl wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 8:50 am
How did you manage to get the $49 and $15 fee waived?
I want to sign up for this deal however Dan was only able to give me a $20 credit. When I called sales they see the quote that Dan provided and says that no credits can be applied to this deal. :(
I got a really cool rep, was really friendly with her, and just got super lucky.
Aug 3, 2012
6 posts
Toronto
is it through cable - I am using the roger hub - however have a limit of 10 gb/ month. Its really expensive!