Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Sep 30, 2007
825 posts
671 upvotes
Was able to get extreme for 58.71, taxes in, 120 Gb and free modem.
1 year commitment. No other Rogers services.
Existing customer, DOCSIS 3.0 modem already installed.
Oct 17, 2010
992 posts
375 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
xrvr wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 10:56 am
Was able to get extreme for 58.71, taxes in, 120 Gb and free modem.
1 year commitment. No other Rogers services.
Existing customer, DOCSIS 3.0 modem already installed.
Sound like 30%, pretty cold compared to the OP deal
Apr 22, 2009
617 posts
330 upvotes
Ottawa
martinwales28 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 11:11 am
Sound like 30%, pretty cold compared to the OP deal
True, but he's an existing customer.
Jan 21, 2012
135 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been able to get more bandwith with this deal? There's no way 200gb is enough for my household
Jan 13, 2004
205 posts
13 upvotes
North York
I dont think you can get more gigs, becuase the deal is already giving you 120+80.

dan's the man. getting hooked up feb 17th. called to cancel teksavvy dsl, they didn't even try to offer me anything to keep me as a customer.
Feb 8, 2011
592 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
MegaCreation wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 11:25 am
I was an existing customer and I did better than him. I am at 45 taxes in for the exact same thing he has.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6213 posts
1009 upvotes
red-i wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 11:31 am
called to cancel teksavvy dsl, they didn't even try to offer me anything to keep me as a customer.
Personally I'd prefer a company that doesn't offer "deals" to keep customers. What you see if what you pay. It can get boring constantly "negotiating" with the big companies for a better deal.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Apr 6, 2009
55 posts
3 upvotes
Deal seems really nice...what are existing customers getting offered? I know some people are able to get 50-70%... is this deal still hot if your getting 50%-70% off?...the 200gb is sweet part of the deal...
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1528 posts
463 upvotes
I started a Live Chat last night to try to secure this deal and was told that I had to call in to get it, if it could be done. I called and was connected to the Vancouver call centre because it was after 10 p.m. I was told by the rep. that their call centre does not skirt the rules so I could not get this deal as an existing customer with Home Phone and Internet[Express]. My contract with Rogers expires on March 3rd and I am very interested in getting this deal because it is a major upgrade from what I have. I have one of the old Motorola modems and as a temporary measure I basically extended my current discounts for 3 months(10 bucks off a month) on the Internet plus received a free modem rental(the Hitron? $8/mth one) with no contracts or strings attached.

I will get a nice speed boost and 80 gigs instead of 60 gigs of bandwidth cap but that still pales in comparison to this deal, which the rep said was a response to Bell's new unlimited addon. He wasn't sure if anything was going to be formally done for existing customers but it would be a bit ridiculous if they didn't . . .

Sooo . . .should I call back and try to get retentions earlier in the day?

I pm'd Ender666666 and asked if he can help existing customers as I didn't see any mention of that or otherwise in this thread when I searched for his name and posts.
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
MegaCreation wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 11:25 am
Oh yeah, forget about that guy, what value does he bring to the game?

That sounds like a great way to retain your existing customers. Tell them that they aren't entitled to the same benefits as the brand new signups.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Apr 22, 2009
617 posts
330 upvotes
Ottawa
Deafmented wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 12:00 pm
Oh yeah, forget about that guy, what value does he bring to the game?

That sounds like a great way to retain your existing customers. Tell them that they aren't entitled to the same benefits as the brand new signups.
lol why are you mad, bro?

I don't make the rules for Rogers. I'm just explaining why he didn't get as good a deal. Namely, because Rogers has a crappy policy which has made them lose a lot of customers.
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
MegaCreation wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 12:10 pm
lol why are you mad, bro?

I don't make the rules for Rogers. I'm just explaining why he didn't get as good a deal. Namely, because Rogers has a crappy policy which has made them lose a lot of customers.
Your name is MegaCreation. You make the rules.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Nov 30, 2002
525 posts
42 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
mark_in_2k wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 11:42 am
Personally I'd prefer a company that doesn't offer "deals" to keep customers. What you see if what you pay. It can get boring constantly "negotiating" with the big companies for a better deal.
Ya, this is the core value that the small companies bring: best price every day for everybody. RedFlagDeals is a great way to fight back against the Differential Pricing practices of companies, but companies have long learned how to exploit the RFD effect too.

It is fine, for RFD type people, to fight out the contracts all the time and switch from one company to another constantly. You will save a lot of money that way. It takes a huge amount of time though. Going with Teksavvy (or another small company like Start, or Acanac) will break you out of that annoying cycle. Definitely pick the way that is right for your own personality and budget, of course. Understand what is going on underneath the marketing though, don't be fooled..
Mar 4, 2009
527 posts
177 upvotes
Ottawa
cdwalkman wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 8:42 pm
I'm on the phone with Rogers right now trying to get this $45 deal. I'm an existing customer. They are saying I can't have it for 2 reasons: 1) I'm an existing customer; and 2) I have more services than just internet (I have phone and tv). They put the emphasis on the point that I don't ONLY have internet. To those people that got the $45 deal, do you also have cable or phone with Rogers???
So, turns out they lied to me (or were ill-informed - doubtful) last night. Regardless, I called back today (1-888-764-3771), and selected the option to cancel my internet. I'm not sure if that sent me to retention or not, but whoever I got he hooked me up NO PROBLEM. I explained that I wasn't happy with my internet package, that I had spent 2 hours the night before screwing around trying to get my upload speed increased on my former 300 GB package, etc. I then said that I had heard about "this $45 plan with 200 GB and 35 down/3 up, and was wondering if I could switch to this plan". The guy was like, "OK, just give me a couple of minutes". He put me on hold for 2 minutes, came back and said it was no problem, confirmed all the details, and I was done in 5 minutes! Got a confirmation email 2 minutes later. I was ready to cancel (or at least pretend to cancel) and threaten to move to Teksavvy, etc. (which in some ways is still a better deal than this - 300 GB bandwidth, but slower speeds and no free modem), but I didn't have to go there.

He confirmed the following details:

Rogers Extreme
200 GB bandwidth
35 mbps down/3 mbps up
$45.00/month + tax
Free modem rental
Price guaranteed for 8 years
NO CONTRACT

He said it was a better deal than his employee discount, which is what I like to hear.

My confirmation email broke it down like this:

Add: Hi-Speed Extreme + 80GB: 84.99
Savings: Internet Discount: -39.99
Add: Enhanced Home Gateway Rental: 7.00
Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths: -7.00

Net Total: $45.00

It's worth noting the following:

- I'm in Ottawa and have been with Rogers for 10 years
- I'm currently on contract with them for phone and cable (and was on contract for internet too), so they can clearly give the deal to existing customers if they want to (girl last night said to get this deal they have to "associate it with a purchase order for a new account", which is clearly BS)
- My former internet contract doesn't expire for 2 more months, and the girl last night said I'd have to pay a $40 cancellation fee plus 30 days notice to get out of it. The guy today didn't mention anything about my contract, so presumably they're not charging me for this.
- OP mentioned activation fee and installation charge, but the CSR didn't mention this either, nor does it appear on my confirmation notice, so I assume this is being waived as well. Even if it's not, I'm saving nearly $30/month with this deal so I don't care if they charge me.

Now I just need to make another call to see if I can get in on this $10 home phone action!

OP - THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!!!!!!! 8 years of good luck coming your way!

Here is a screen shot of the confirmation email:

[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/ ... firmed.jpg[/IMG]