Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Dec 25, 2010
23 posts
4 upvotes
So now existing Rogers customers can get this now? I just have to call back in again and ask for it?
Sep 9, 2007
95 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Got my contract ended without any penalty. It was still short of 7 months. They did not offered me $45 Extreme with 200GB plan.
Sep 17, 2006
295 posts
45 upvotes
Existing customer here, talked with retention, got the 200GB. Extremely happy.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5153 posts
1208 upvotes
Kanata
Anyone else confirmation e-mail include 2 months of charges? It looks right, but they include 2 months, is it the same for you guys? Mine is a total mess, have to wait for the bill lol
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5153 posts
1208 upvotes
Kanata
pcbc168 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 6:47 pm
As I mentioned in post #301 that I got this $45 deal yesterday and I am an existing customer. I went to pick up the new enhance wifi modem yesterday afternoon as well, took a little while and everything was all set up. This morning I checked my account and it still says 150GB with my old extreme plus, then I called the CSR and she said that she had nothing to show that I got this offer, it only show that I talked to the CSR named XXX, and I told her how can this possible since I already picked up the new modem, she said I have to called customer relations at 8am, ok, I called and because CR does not have a direct line on the phone so I need the CSR to transfer, in the mean time she said I should not be allow for this deal, total BS! then she conference me to customer relations and I insisted that yesterday's CSR gave me this offer because I was coming in to cancel my internet and he offered this deal to me, after good god 5 minutes, the CR had to give it to me and she said she will email the confirmation. As yesterday, my account wasn't set up as automate update confirmation and now I am.

Ok, I checked my account again after 10 minutes, it show 120GB + 80GB with extreme pkg, then I checked my confirmation via email and it show that my bill was charged with $8 for the new modem, then I called the billing dept and said my deal was supposed to be included a free enhance wifi modem, she said this is only a virtual billing and the $8 will not be charged when the time comes because in her internal notes saying the modem is $0. I believe her and I took her name and she automately gave me her employee #, just in case who knows next month when I get my bill, the $8 modem will appear again.

What a hassle to deal with these companies!
Mine also includes the $7 modem rental fee, and not waived off. Can others with confirmation e-mails chime in please. Look at a fresh month without all the partial fees, does it include the price for the modem?

Hi-Speed Extreme + 80GB 84.99
Savings: Internet Discount -39.99
Enhanced Home Gateway Rental 7.00

Mine looks like that for a fresh month.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Oct 13, 2008
506 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
I got two confirmation notices, one had the correct amounts of 45$ plus tax starting Feb. 6, 2013 while the other had 45$ plus tax plus installation fee of $14.99 starting March 6, 2013. I called them back again and was told that I should ignore the second confirmation. I will be paying only $45.00 plus tax flat no additional charges. I will find out when I get my first bill.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6273 posts
2249 upvotes
cdwalkman wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 1:40 pm
So, turns out they lied to me (or were ill-informed - doubtful) last night. Regardless, I called back today (1-888-764-3771), and selected the option to cancel my internet. I'm not sure if that sent me to retention or not, but whoever I got he hooked me up NO PROBLEM. I explained that I wasn't happy with my internet package, that I had spent 2 hours the night before screwing around trying to get my upload speed increased on my former 300 GB package, etc. I then said that I had heard about "this $45 plan with 200 GB and 35 down/3 up, and was wondering if I could switch to this plan". The guy was like, "OK, just give me a couple of minutes". He put me on hold for 2 minutes, came back and said it was no problem, confirmed all the details, and I was done in 5 minutes! Got a confirmation email 2 minutes later. I was ready to cancel (or at least pretend to cancel) and threaten to move to Teksavvy, etc. (which in some ways is still a better deal than this - 300 GB bandwidth, but slower speeds and no free modem), but I didn't have to go there.

He confirmed the following details:

Rogers Extreme
200 GB bandwidth
35 mbps down/3 mbps up
$45.00/month + tax
Free modem rental
Price guaranteed for 8 years
NO CONTRACT

He said it was a better deal than his employee discount, which is what I like to hear.

My confirmation email broke it down like this:

Add: Hi-Speed Extreme + 80GB: 84.99
Savings: Internet Discount: -39.99
Add: Enhanced Home Gateway Rental: 7.00
Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths: -7.00

Net Total: $45.00

It's worth noting the following:

- I'm in Ottawa and have been with Rogers for 10 years
- I'm currently on contract with them for phone and cable (and was on contract for internet too), so they can clearly give the deal to existing customers if they want to (girl last night said to get this deal they have to "associate it with a purchase order for a new account", which is clearly BS)
- My former internet contract doesn't expire for 2 more months, and the girl last night said I'd have to pay a $40 cancellation fee plus 30 days notice to get out of it. The guy today didn't mention anything about my contract, so presumably they're not charging me for this.
- OP mentioned activation fee and installation charge, but the CSR didn't mention this either, nor does it appear on my confirmation notice, so I assume this is being waived as well. Even if it's not, I'm saving nearly $30/month with this deal so I don't care if they charge me.
Thanks a ton for this post. We have been an existing customer for more than 10 years with Rogers and we were able to to get this deal.

We had the same plan but only 120gb and costing us $61.99+ txs, but it wasn't enough for our household and many at times, we went over that limit and paid more than $100 just for internet alone.

I spoke to a very nice Retentions associate and she was able to get this deal for us in no time. I wrote down her name, employee number and id transaction number of this deal to make sure there aren't any screw ups later on.

She said that this change will take affect today. Will confirm when we get our Rogers bill next month.
Jun 28, 2009
79 posts
2 upvotes
Thornhill
cdwalkman wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 1:40 pm
...I called back today (1-888-764-3771), and selected the option to cancel my internet...

He confirmed the following details:

Rogers Extreme
200 GB bandwidth
35 mbps down/3 mbps up
$45.00/month + tax
Free modem rental
Price guaranteed for 8 years
NO CONTRACT
I came to report success by calling that number and selecting the cancel option! I was able to pull through on an existing Internet line and also yield an additional 15% off on my Cable TV plan.

The Rogers CSR at first, honestly never heard about this plan and asked around. The CSR indicated that the plan was for new customers but they had also said they will do what they can to switch me over. The best part was when they asked if they can find me additional discounts and to which I got the additional 15% discount. Thank you Rogers, or well, the employee who was very kind and helpful! You made my day :D .
Jun 9, 2012
160 posts
19 upvotes
do I necessarily have to threaten to cancel to get this deal?

right now I'm paying the regular rate for express which is 51.99 (- better choice bundle discount) so about 53 after taxes. but if I could get ultimate for $50.xx after taxes guaranteed for 8 years, why not...? I have no need for 200 gbs but this is a good deal and can only save me money, right????

might try this weekend and see what I get
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6273 posts
2249 upvotes
Nomiya wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 10:56 pm
I came to report success by calling that number and selecting the cancel option! I was able to pull through on an existing Internet line and also yield an additional 15% off on my Cable TV plan.

The Rogers CSR at first, honestly never heard about this plan and asked around. The CSR indicated that the plan was for new customers but they had also said they will do what they can to switch me over. The best part was when they asked if they can find me additional discounts and to which I got the additional 15% discount. Thank you Rogers, or well, the employee who was very kind and helpful! You made my day :D .
lol. Same here! It will only last for a year though, but it's ok. Better than no discount at all!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5852 posts
3409 upvotes
Can someone confirm that this plan is not compatible with the 50% off?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 12:25 am
Can someone confirm that this plan is not compatible with the 50% off?
I want to ask this as well. Long story short, I got this $45 extreme deal two days two days ago and then I found out from another forum regarding the home phone deals $14.99 for 2 years and I called in.

The rep can't do anything for me but the rep is able to give me 30% off my Internet (the $45 plan) locked with 1 year.

I'm afraid it will screw up the nice $45 plan if I get this 30% off. What do you think? Will you risk this?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
3950 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
Can new customers still get the 300GB cap?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4753 posts
1021 upvotes
Toronto
im not even on a contract and i couldnt get this deal
people that got it with an existing plan are really lucky

btw they leave a note each time you call which is why its near impossible after the first try