Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Oct 13, 2008
502 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
My friend called in last night who is an existing customer, he also got the 45$ deal (that was also his 3rd try).
Feb 6, 2013
1 posts
2 upvotes
BRAMPTON
if you like caps and limits and overage charges etc etc etc - by all means use Rogers. If you want cable internet [sent by Rogers but priced by Distributel or Tek Savvy and others] with NO CAPS/BANDWIDTH LIMITS; then don't go for this deal.
Dec 13, 2004
120 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I am an existing customer and spoke to a very nice Retention associate last night and she offered me $45 package. I was very happy however she said I have to pay $7 for modem rental and the total comes to $58.76 tax in. It sucks and I didn't accept it. For those existing customers who got this $45 plan, did you guys get modem rental waived? I saw someone got 12 months waived. This is my 2rd try. It seems I need one more try otherwise I am going to cancel and open a new account.

Thanks to OP and all lucky existing customers for sharing your story.
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
cutesnoopydoll wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 1:02 am

The rep can't do anything for me but the rep is able to give me 30% off my Internet (the $45 plan) locked with 1 year.

I'm afraid it will screw up the nice $45 plan if I get this 30% off. What do you think? Will you risk this?
The 30% off promo can't be combined with this $45 plan. Don't even worry about it because it wouldn't work anyway.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Deafmented wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 9:19 am
The 30% off promo can't be combined with this $45 plan. Don't even worry about it because it wouldn't work anyway.
How do you know for sure?
Jun 4, 2009
16 posts
1 upvote
i installed express internet on jan.20. i just called in, but didn't allow me to change this deal.
my current plan is
$46 plus tax
25mb
160gb
Free modem
8 months
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5153 posts
1208 upvotes
Kanata
EDragon wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 9:11 am
I am an existing customer and spoke to a very nice Retention associate last night and she offered me $45 package. I was very happy however she said I have to pay $7 for modem rental and the total comes to $58.76 tax in. It sucks and I didn't accept it. For those existing customers who got this $45 plan, did you guys get modem rental waived? I saw someone got 12 months waived. This is my 2rd try. It seems I need one more try otherwise I am going to cancel and open a new account.

Thanks to OP and all lucky existing customers for sharing your story.
I just called and the agent said I'm not paying for my rental. Wish others could show their confirmation e-mail, see if there's a negative charge for modem rental or just $7. If no negative charge, looks right, but if there is, mine looks like I'm paying for it.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3207 posts
411 upvotes
GTA
aerohead888 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 7:18 pm
"Dry loop" is only if you want to get Internet via DSL. You should be able to run a VoIP phone over cable no problem.

We will see this weekend as I'm getting hooked up with the Extreme deal and I have VoIP.ms for my home phone.
Thanks, I'll be switching to Rogers then I guess. Just can't say no to this deal!
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8624 posts
6241 upvotes
Markham
I get the Rogers Ultimate Internet with free modem (any modem) and $50 Esso gift card for $49.99. I think you guys can get better deals through retentions.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2010
5891 posts
2727 upvotes
Markham
nextstep wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 10:27 am
i installed express internet on jan.20. i just called in, but didn't allow me to change this deal.
my current plan is
$46 plus tax
25mb
160gb
Free modem
8 months
You have 30 days to cancel (no fee) :lol:
Nov 30, 2009
405 posts
38 upvotes
nextstep wrote:
my current plan is
$46 plus tax
25mb
160gb
Free modem
8 months
If you call in ad explain that you're not happy with the service, experience too much slow downs and paying the the speed for no reason. Say that you plan on switching to another provider because of this and they might offer you 60% off the 45mbps package with modem rental waived. That's what they offered me twice. Once when I called to cancel, and again when I get an email to call again so they can win be back. Also this is for two years with no contract at all. I've been only been a customer since jan 1 and still waiting my 30 days until my service is cut
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1686 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
Slightly off-topic but has anyone noticed that when you max your upload bandwidth the downstream bandwidth becomes nonexistent?

I thought DOCSIS3.0 modems had full duplex...?
Mar 2, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Called in this morning. Been with them for many years, already on Extreme with 20% discount and free modem rental, expiring later this month. Told them I'm looking for higher cap, same speed, Start.ca has what I'm looking for $55/month with 250gb. I was put on hold for a few minutes and was offered this deal. $45 a month, no commitment rental of modem is credited every month.
Nov 24, 2009
57 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I keep trying to call. But no luck. they say they have never heard of it....any advice?
Apr 23, 2006
93 posts
19 upvotes
North York
You usually have 30 days to change your offer. I'd suggest you try again.
nextstep wrote:
my current plan is
$46 plus tax
25mb
160gb
Free modem
8 months