Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Jun 5, 2006
955 posts
78 upvotes
I just got off the phone with Rogers, and they confirmed, the rate is guaranteed for 88 years.
Dec 3, 2012
170 posts
19 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Just talked to Rogers, they said it $0.45/month for 88 years guaranteed.
Dec 14, 2005
894 posts
95 upvotes
Actually I had dinner with my friend on Friday and he said the same thing.
Gazoo11 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 2:33 pm
Just talked to a Rogers Internet rep and he offered me:

No contract
$45.00 Rogers Extreme Internet (35 Mpbs/3 Mpbs)
Free extreme modem
200 GB a month
$14.95 activation charge
$49.95 installation fee
+Taxes
This rate is guaranteed for eight years with any increase to be credited back to you on monthly basis

So after first month (activation and installation cost) the total per month is $50.85 for rogers extreme service

Good deal and I am in Ontario
Jul 18, 2005
728 posts
100 upvotes
In the EXACT same boat! Had discounts for a 2 year term. Had them cancelled at 6 months. Even had paperwork showing my discounts were marked as 24mths. Still had to fight, beg, plead and call countless times before they added them for only 1 year.

Needless to say. They are gone and Acanac is here. Feels so good to be free!
BrianRFD wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 3:29 pm
Don't even get me started with this line.

That alone caused me to cancel my cell line and internet because they ended my promotional discounts before my contact was up and they 'couldn't add it back on'.

Happy with Wind and Teksavvy but, again, some people are just fine with Rogers due to brand name. Just my $0.02.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2012
4830 posts
1885 upvotes
Winnipeg
nuch wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 5:05 pm
In the EXACT same boat! Had discounts for a 2 year term. Had them cancelled at 6 months. Even had paperwork showing my discounts were marked as 24mths. Still had to fight, beg, plead and call countless times before they added them for only 1 year.

Needless to say. They are gone and Acanac is here. Feels so good to be free!
With so many people having "positive" experience, how they are still in business.
I had all sorts of stuff with them lying, not keeping the promise, bait and switch, breaching written contract unilaterally, overcharging, etc.
Aug 2, 2007
304 posts
63 upvotes
Coquitlam
Wpegger wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 5:16 pm
With so many people having "positive" experience, how they are still in business.
I had all sorts of stuff with them lying, not keeping the promise, bait and switch, breaching written contract unilaterally, overcharging, etc.
because even with other providers arising, rogers/telus/shaw are still an ogliopoly and i think they have an equal number of bad service. Informed consumers like RFDers and techy savy individuals can find better alternatives but for the 'normal' citizen, when they think internet provider, they usually only think of the 3 i mentioned.

also, dont forget about vocal minority effect. there are tons of users satisfied with their service.
Nov 25, 2012
70 posts
5 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Nope, OP is 100% correct.

This deal is valid for 8 years. Just confirmed with a Sales Rep. Asked for something in writing but she said to go to a Rogers store and get the sales pamphlet.

Deal is valid until March 8, I think she said.
Nov 7, 2005
109 posts
1 upvote
rogers is suck....rob ur $$$....never use it again, happy with Teksavvy now :)
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3476 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
ngot74 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 7:03 pm
Nope, OP is 100% correct.

This deal is valid for 8 years. Just confirmed with a Sales Rep. Asked for something in writing but she said to go to a Rogers store and get the sales pamphlet.

Deal is valid until March 8, I think she said.
So, anyone close to Rogers store willing to grab one? :)
Feb 9, 2012
90 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
This deal was a "Steve deal" for new customers in this thread last week and had since been discontinued: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-c ... -a-785331/

The key thing here is NEW CUSTOMERS only - must not have ever had Rogers. I decided to call Steve to sign up and asked multiple times about the 8yr/no contract and it's all legit. I get possession of my new home in the middle of March so my installation is scheduled for then...

To everyone who keeps bringing up how long 8 years is, that's 8 years of "no price increases" - whether that will remain true is to be seen, however since there's no contract there's absolutely nothing stopping someone from cancelling (as someone mentioned above, with 30 days notice) in the event that the price were to increase.
Nov 25, 2012
70 posts
5 upvotes
NORTH YORK
thephenom wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 7:08 pm
So, anyone close to Rogers store willing to grab one? :)
On a cold day like today, not on your life. :)
Jun 19, 2010
918 posts
210 upvotes
Riverview
I would have been over this for 8 light years.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
1374 posts
685 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FatWallet wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 7:28 pm
I would have been over this for 8 light years.
What's that supposed to mean?
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
andr3w282 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 7:09 pm
This deal was a "Steve deal" for new customers in this thread last week and had since been discontinued: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-c ... -a-785331/

The key thing here is NEW CUSTOMERS only - must not have ever had Rogers. I decided to call Steve to sign up and asked multiple times about the 8yr/no contract and it's all legit. I get possession of my new home in the middle of March so my installation is scheduled for then...

To everyone who keeps bringing up how long 8 years is, that's 8 years of "no price increases" - whether that will remain true is to be seen, however since there's no contract there's absolutely nothing stopping someone from cancelling (as someone mentioned above, with 30 days notice) in the event that the price were to increase.
So there's absolutely no way existing customers can get a similar cap increase to 200gb+ for price of extreme or less?
murjaan wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 3:29 pm
I hope OP wrote it down the Rogers ticket # :) otherwise next month prise increase.
It happen to me Rogers offered me 50% of $61.99. when I got the bill no discount. Then I called they said it is not possible. Luckily I had my ticket number. Agents put me on hold and comes back saying sure we will honour it.
Oh yea... that happened to me too and I also got to keep the promotion in the end. Make sure you check your billing statements every month.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
1726 posts
389 upvotes
Ottawa
Any idea when/if TechSavvy will offer 35Mpbs down/3Mpbs up?
A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist.
× < >