Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2008
2293 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
they didn't budge, so cancelled internet. Got the 14.99 phone deal, so happy with that!
Oct 20, 2011
45 posts
13 upvotes
TORONTO
Just went to retentions and switched my plan to the this deal. I only have internet with them. its all about getting the right CSRs.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
989 upvotes
Vaughan
Dilemma

Current plan: I have Extreme, but got a 50% off special back in August that ends February 27th. At that point, my cost will be 77.29 (taxes, modem in) minus 12 percent (bundle) for another 6 months which comes to $408.09.
New Plan: 50.85 x 6 = $305.10, but I would need to add on the cancellation fee of 135 (taxes in, $20 x 6 months)

Any way around this, or am I pretty much screwed? To switch to this plan, I'd need to pay $135 up front + the monthly, which costs me $32 extra after six months.

Any opinions? I have the reference number, and I have until February 11th. The only part that bugs me is the up front cancellation cost, but it works out to only $32 extra for another 80GB each month.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1103 posts
1557 upvotes
Toronto
Read the terms and conditions found here:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/support-terms

You can pretty much cancel without penalties unless you are in NB due to the rate increases
squadz wrote: Dilemma

Current plan: I have Extreme, but got a 50% off special back in August that ends February 27th. At that point, my cost will be 77.29 (taxes, modem in) minus 12 percent (bundle) for another 6 months which comes to $408.09.
New Plan: 50.85 x 6 = $305.10, but I would need to add on the cancellation fee of 135 (taxes in, $20 x 6 months)

Any way around this, or am I pretty much screwed? To switch to this plan, I'd need to pay $135 up front + the monthly, which costs me $32 extra after six months.

Any opinions? I have the reference number, and I have until February 11th. The only part that bugs me is the up front cancellation cost, but it works out to only $32 extra for another 80GB each month.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4803 posts
1426 upvotes
Ender666666 just helped me sign up. easy process.

paying the $15 activation fee. don't need to pay install since I already have basic cable.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
989 upvotes
Vaughan
Catalina26 wrote: Read the terms and conditions found here:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/support-terms

You can pretty much cancel without penalties unless you are in NB due to the rate increases
That would allow me to cancel freely? Even under contract?

Would I have to pay activation and installation fees for the new plan, or do you think they would let that slide?
Dec 30, 2011
288 posts
153 upvotes
NEPEAN
I spent just over an hour on the phone with the CSR. It took some haggling, no threats, just a few laughs, lots of patience and the fact that the deal is all over the net to finally convince the CSR the deal existed. At first he tried to say it was impossiblewith respect to the offer but I basically said "If it walks like a Duck, and Quacks like a duck...then it must be a Duck". After being on hold for about 10 minutes...he came back with the offer for me :-)

I moved down from Extreme Plus with 150GB, 45Mbps Down / 4 Mbps Up at $67/month to the Extreme, 35/3 with 200GB @45 + tax with the price protect for 8 years. Considering my Son pretty much maxes out the 150Gb/month... I'm in a win win position with this. What I don't get is why I need to exchange my Docsis 3 modem for another except to perhaps satisfy the requirment to get the offer as a "new Customer" promotion.

BTW, I don't have any other Rogers services.

I'm sure like history dictates with Rogers...the speeds will keep increasing over time as the competition ramps up.
Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1103 posts
1557 upvotes
Toronto
If you wish to not accept the increases yes you can cancel without any penalties for the services affected by the increase, it says so right there on their website and it should also be on your last bill when they were letting everybody know about the increases.
As for activation and installation, technically there's nothing to install since you were with them before so that they could let slide, activation I doubt it. But then again it's Rogers we're talking about.
squadz wrote: That would allow me to cancel freely? Even under contract?

Would I have to pay activation and installation fees for the new plan, or do you think they would let that slide?
Oct 18, 2007
282 posts
8 upvotes
Just got off the phone and got the $45.99 deal easily,
First the retentions rep offered me 300gb/month for $62 tax in for a 1 year contract, I kindly asked her that I have friends who got the $45.99/month for 200gb extreme free modem deal and she had to speak to someone about that, she came back and offered it so I'm paying
$50.99/month
200gb
No modem rental fee
No commitment
No activasation fee
Price protection for 8 years

I am still on a month to month basis term.
So this is a hot deal for me
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1572 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
So because of the price increases I can call in and try to get better offers even though Im still on contract? What services are affected by the increase? I cant find it on the site
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1103 posts
1557 upvotes
Toronto
Sign in into your Rogers account and view your bill click under each service you have and at the bottom of the breakdown of your service it will tell you if that service is affected by the increase . In my case phone, Internet and cable are affected. $2, $3 , $1.50 respectively. Getting the phone deal was easy for me but I had to try about 5 times to get the Internet one.
stanleylai wrote: So because of the price increases I can call in and try to get better offers even though Im still on contract? What services are affected by the increase? I cant find it on the site
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
989 upvotes
Vaughan
squadz wrote: Dilemma

Just an update. They cancelled my early upgrade fee (because I mentioned the price increase), and they put the new plan on immediately.

It was pretty quick. Thanks OP.
Mar 3, 2011
77 posts
7 upvotes
squadz wrote: Just an update. They cancelled my early upgrade fee (because I mentioned the price increase), and they put the new plan on immediately.

It was pretty quick. Thanks OP.
Hey all...I tried like 7 times -- all the times they told me since I am an existing customer I am Not Eligible for the offer -- is this the case ? Do you need to be a New subscriber? My current internet contract is expiring in March...

Thanks
K