Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Jan 12, 2007
187 posts
16 upvotes
Omicron Persei 8
crashxxx wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2013 8:16 am
they can do what they want when they want.

here's the fine print from Rogers terms of service

Unless otherwise specified in a Service Agreement, we may change, at any time, any charges, features, content, functionality, structure or any other aspects of the Month-to-Month Services or the Term Services, as well as any term or provision of a Service Agreement, upon notice to you by bill message, text message, letter or e-mail. If you do not accept such change, your sole remedy is to terminate the affected Services or Service Agreement within 30 days of your receipt of our notice of change (unless we specify a different notice period), by providing us with advance notice of termination pursuant to Section 34.
This is exactly why I wouldn't trust Rogers to guarantee it for 8 years unless you are actually signing a contract for 8 years. But then again, I got screwed even with a contract. Just because Rogers\Bell\Telus say something, doesn't make it so. Contrary to what you may think, the CRTC has given them the power\ability to do whatever they please. And it seems to be working for them.

If you really want peace of mind, goto a TPIA; same network, cheaper prices, less hassles.
Jan 24, 2009
91 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
Got the same deal today
evilgenius wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 11:03 pm
Just got off the phone and got the $45.99 deal easily,
First the retentions rep offered me 300gb/month for $62 tax in for a 1 year contract, I kindly asked her that I have friends who got the $45.99/month for 200gb extreme free modem deal and she had to speak to someone about that, she came back and offered it so I'm paying
$50.99/month
200gb
No modem rental fee
No commitment
No activasation fee
Price protection for 8 years

I am still on a month to month basis term.
So this is a hot deal for me
Jan 31, 2013
183 posts
85 upvotes
THANKS OP! As a Robbers customer for 12+ years who has 4 services, I was able to get this deal + the new home phone promotions! It took sooo much effort (canceling completely then calling them back getting crappy 30% off everything offers) I refused all offers because I knew current customers were getting this deal. Since i'm in Ontario, I didn't have to pay any ECF due to their notices about prices increase, they tried their best offering same bs(which i refused), they ended up getting a manager to deal with it and i ended up getting this deal + the 14.99 home phone + 30% cable :)
Dec 9, 2007
424 posts
36 upvotes
Called in, couldn't get it.. they said it was for new customers only and I was already on a contract.
I could have told them to cancel all my services and then get all of them back at a discount but such a big hassle to do that.

Sigh
RFD makes me :lol:
Oct 20, 2011
42 posts
10 upvotes
TORONTO
Update: hooked up 3 of my cousins, and a friend with the offer. two with contracts and all of them existing customers. Just keep trying.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1661 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
lnkn wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 9:54 pm
This is exactly why I wouldn't trust Rogers to guarantee it for 8 years unless you are actually signing a contract for 8 years. But then again, I got screwed even with a contract. Just because Rogers\Bell\Telus say something, doesn't make it so. Contrary to what you may think, the CRTC has given them the power\ability to do whatever they please. And it seems to be working for them.
Given the hell of time I've been having trying to get email confirmation of my account changes or even someone to even put an employee number to anything written, I would say this is probably the case.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
I got 7.5 MEGABYTES/s down, and 360gb per month for around 75$

the 200gb seems OK, but kinda low. all depends on the kind of user, this is a good deal for dorm-style or students, 200gb is plenty for that if you arent streaming netflix or youtube.
Nintendo Switch vibes
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1661 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
Unless you're some guy on welfare who watches netflix constantly, you'll be fine with 200GB. With heavy downloading and a family of four watching netflix, I rarely went over 200GB a month.

But nice troll/brag post.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5224 posts
1110 upvotes
Just called now and got the $45 deal no problem. My current promo ended in April, but she said within 90 days of agreement they can renew promos.

Got my cable renewed with the usual 30% and HD PVR for 1 year deal.

Home phone they wouldn't budge as I wanted the $15 Favourites plan. She said my credits expire August so she can't change them over. I called back 10 minutes later to play the "increase in rates" card for the home phone. She said I had to cancel all 3 and couldn't cancel just one service.

Basically I could cancel all 3 services and then get all promo pricing as all 3 had price increases next month, but I'm too tired to do it. I should cancel though or else I'm not a real RFDer lol.

I'll see if I need the extra speed as I was on Express and if not just downgrade to 30% off internet within 30 days. I'd stay with Extreme if I could get my phone down though.

Thanks OP!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16369 posts
2391 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have a code for this promo they can PM me? Just so it makes the call easier.

Also...I'm in sort of a situation...

I have free express internet until May...Is it worth giving that up for this?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1573 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
I got the $45 200gb extreme with modem. no fees. no problem took 15 minutes on thursday. Nice lady said I was lucky as the expiration date is Feb 11 for this deal which she said was strange to see a date as they usually don't get any notice. She said my length as a customer (10 years, never missed a payment, 2 cells, internet, home phone and cable) qualified me for this deal. Good luck.
Aug 29, 2010
141 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone who lives in Concord near Dufferin and Centre feel like commenting on their experience in Rogers Cable? I signed on for this deal to install March 1st, but I'm still on the fence between this and Teksavvy DSL. Main concern is reliability and consistency., which is why if the cable service is poor in my area, DSL would be the better choice for stability.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13007 posts
1376 upvotes
Mississauga
generaltao99 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:15 pm
Unless you're some guy on welfare who watches netflix constantly, you'll be fine with 200GB. With heavy downloading and a family of four watching netflix, I rarely went over 200GB a month.

But nice troll/brag post.
I am on Distributel and my ipad is solely dedicated to toddler's Netflix usage + wife's TV shot shows and and 6 other devices on our network at home and I have yet to go over 90GB! I know folks who are downloading 500GBs are downloading full HD Blueray rips or unnecessary downloads off usenet.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
all the lucky ones called in and got the deal from GTA call center? i think if you got the BC call center you were SOL! it all depends on the supervisor of the rep, has to be override to get in on this deal if you were a current rogers customer, i struck out badly! only got 30%off + 1 year contract! man i suck :(
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7766 posts
199 upvotes
just called...csr didn't know what i was talking about...existing customer, not on contract....wouldn't let me switch over...even spoke to manager
i guess i'll call in to request cancel this time....worst case, going to TSI