Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2681 posts
1482 upvotes
Hometown
I am glad I am not the only one.... I have 3 computers connected directly to my router and use wifi for my phone. First the tech said he had put the modem into bridge when techs can't actually do it. So I had no internet unless I used their router. I wasn't happy with the preformance if it and had intended all along to use my Dir-655, after calling tech support and getting them to bridge the hitron modem. I found out 2 computer connect absolutely NO isses, the 3rd one would not. (Before I connected in my router I had updated my router's firmware so I knew that wasn't the issue)

I was going to reformat the computer that wouldn't connect anyhow so I did, in case it was an issue in it's software. After I did it still no wired internet connection. I then used a cheap usb wifi adaptor and it connected to the internet. Now I am really confused so, I moved around cables and the same 2 computers would connect no matter what.

I then thought I had missed something in the setup so I reinstalled all of networking for xp and newer drivers for the onboard nic card on. I could always see the router through that computer but IE would not load a webiste...

Today after work I put in an old nic card I had lying around that I found while I was straightening up for the installer. Same friggin driver batch as my onboard nic and it works..... Not sure how or why that fixed it but it did LOL.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
onlineharvest wrote: "transferred to cancellation" - forget the regular CSR for this, go straight to cancellation by selecting 'cancel services' instead of 'make changes'
I called in and asked to be transferred to cancellation. I was asked if I talked to retention yet and said no. This point I was transferred to retention who made me the two offers which I declined and was then transferred to cancellation. I thought the whole point was to talk to retention...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
vim wrote: Hi - I got similar package. What Rogers forgot to tell you (I believe) that they changed your connection speed. I just talked to their support after noticing slower speed and found that with this "special" package your download speed is limited up to 12Mbps and upload speed is up to 0.5MBps. Much slower than regular Extrem package. Tricky, ehhh ? :-)
Since when is Extreme Plus 12 Mbps? My profile page on my rogers account shows my speed at 45Mbps, was 35Mbps before... And a speednet check against Clinton Ontario shows my download at 96Mbps, Toronto shows 48Mbps and Kitchener shows 39Mbps...
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pinkyy wrote: rvs007 from rogers-extreme-200-gb-40-freemodem-basi ... m-1306987/ mentioned that the deal was extended to March 1st?

I just called in like 5 minutes ago, regular rep said i wasn't eligible and relations rep said it was expired.... :/
For the $45/8-year deal, my understanding is that customer relations/retention cannot offer that deal anymore. You need to contact Internet sales dept. to get it, which probably means you have to be a new customer. A week or so ago, it was still available through retention, which meant it was available to existing customers. But based on posts by other RFDers, the $35/8-year deal may still be available through retention.

Hope that clears it up.
Feb 8, 2011
226 posts
146 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: For the $45/8-year deal, my understanding is that customer relations/retention cannot offer that deal anymore. You need to contact Internet sales dept. to get it, which probably means you have to be a new customer. A week or so ago, it was still available through retention, which meant it was available to existing customers. But based on posts by other RFDers, the $35/8-year deal may still be available through retention.

Hope that clears it up.
So what number should we call?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hoangster wrote: So what number should we call?
I called 1 855 420-5575 and they were able to sign me up on the internet & home phone. I previously only had cable with Rogers.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1074 posts
477 upvotes
Oakville
pcbc168 wrote: I managed to accept their offer last night as I only had home phone & internet extreme ($45 deal signed up a week ago) but my kids keep over using and I was over the 200GB very fast and I didn't want to pay for the overage. Anyhow, I called them and got transfer to their Customer Relations (is it the same as retention?) and they offer me if I want unlimited internet and they said I need 3 services:

Digial VIP HD, 1 free PVR HD, + 2 HD boxes ($7.50 each), $71 with 30% discount
home phone 'favourites' with 2 features and 500 min. NA long distance $32.95
and the Express internet with unlimited with free modem $46.xx
Total all 3 $175 tax in.

This is only good for 12 months, no contract, no activation fee, no installation fee. I tried to negotiate for longer term and she said this 30% off is only allow for 12 months, she said call them back when the time comes and they might have some other promote.

I am not sure if I am doing the right thing. Is it a good deal?

Thanks.

BTW, I check my account today and they already switch to Express from Extreme and the limite usage is 976713GB something like that, instead of 200GB from extreme.
Ok. heard others suggested that I should call in to get the $15+$5 for the favourite phone so I called this morning. I asked and she said this phone deal will expire today and she said it is not $20 but $22.99 with 2 years no price increase. Ok fine. Then I notice my internet had changed to Express but the max GB is only 160GB (80+80), I spoke to the CSR and she said that they jumped and switched my internet without given me unlimited,don't know why, yesterday was 976713GB, today 160GB, she said my package does not get effect until March 24 and that is when the tech guy will come in to connect the cable. Ok, I said then give my $45 extreme 200GB back to me, I can live with the 200GB for the next 3 weeks. She said this $45 deal is already expired and she can't give it back to me. WT?? Then she suggest that my internet bill will come as $84.99 - $47.99 manual credit that she gives to me.

So my 3 services bill will come to $158 tax in, not $175!! I take that. It seems everytime you call them, they give different prices or if you smart enough, tell them the deal you want, otherwise they won't offer any to you.

Well, I have to see what is going to happen when I receive my bill. I probably have to call them again. What a hassle.

BTW, if anyone of you want any deal and live in the GTA, best to call them in the morning and you will connect to Brampton, Allen Rd. or Don Mills reps but if you call in the evening you will be transfered to VYR and reps from YVR are harder to negotiated. they won't budget. Just my experience. That was why I was on the phone with them 2.5 hours a couple days ago and still not the best price. They keep saying they don't see the deals.
Sep 24, 2010
917 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: For the $45/8-year deal, my understanding is that customer relations/retention cannot offer that deal anymore. You need to contact Internet sales dept. to get it, which probably means you have to be a new customer. A week or so ago, it was still available through retention, which meant it was available to existing customers. But based on posts by other RFDers, the $35/8-year deal may still be available through retention.

Hope that clears it up.
Just wondering if these ($35 or $45 offers) are better deals than the $10 extra for unlimited offer. Any ideas?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8093 upvotes
panda470 wrote: Just wondering if these ($35 or $45 offers) are better deals than the $10 extra for unlimited offer. Any ideas?
It depends on your usage. If you horde hi-def movies then you will want unlimited. If you mostly just browse, then the $35/$45 offers are great deals.
Nov 18, 2006
448 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
I just received my internet bill for this month and I am being charged for both the activation and the modem install fee when I was promised to have it discounted off my bill.
Anyone else receiving this problem?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3247 posts
1807 upvotes
RichsAccount wrote: I just received my internet bill for this month and I am being charged for both the activation and the modem install fee when I was promised to have it discounted off my bill.
Anyone else receiving this problem?
Do you have a reference number regarding the conversation you had with the agent. The agent I dealt with said it would be credited back to me on my second bill.
May 28, 2005
627 posts
61 upvotes
Markham
Just got this installed tonight...had ordered it almost 3 weeks ago, but asked for it to be installed much later since I still have bell fibe.

I noticed that with Rogers, my torrents download much slower than with the Fibe connection (even with the same torrent). Anybody know how to fix that? :(
Nov 28, 2012
13 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I called last night said I am no longer a rogers customer for about 6 months but I've heard Rogers is trying to finally offer reasonable deals. I spoke to 3 people. First had to go somewhere after 30 minutes on the phone or so and he was already offering me internet services and the family plan for cell phones 2 new phones for me and my wife paid off on their tab split over 36 months for 153 with tax a month. For internet I don't recall the numbers but I told him I'm currently paying 71 with tax for 30mbps and 1 up from distributel and its unlimited so they have to beat that. First guy had something to offer, second was a lady from business department what a waste of time and money.... She sent me back to residential and I got this annoying idiot who thought he was smart and all the deals I mentioned to him like $25 off the bill or whatever he said "I don't know anything about that, I dont see that. In the end of the haggling he suddenly said... I can get you $25 off for 6 months, with the extreme plan + unlimited for $30.

I told him I'll think about it a couple days.

After nearly 2h35m I hang up with them. Really annoyed with their stupid sales tactics. They on purpose do not tell you the good deals and try to get you for as close to regular price as possible. Unless they literally go down and give me better and more and cheaper then what I have now - I WILL NOT RETURN TO ROGERS!
(currently have Koodo canada unlimited for 57 + tax and a few extras. Same as my wife. For Internet: Distributel $50 + tax and modem rental comes to about 71.

Rogers can beat it if they want, or if they want to continue not having me as a customer they can give me inflated 'deals', until I come and pop the bubbles slowly...
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Ttrance wrote: I called last night said I am no longer a rogers customer for about 6 months but I've heard Rogers is trying to finally offer reasonable deals. I spoke to 3 people. First had to go somewhere after 30 minutes on the phone or so and he was already offering me internet services and the family plan for cell phones 2 new phones for me and my wife paid off on their tab split over 36 months for 153 with tax a month. For internet I don't recall the numbers but I told him I'm currently paying 71 with tax for 30mbps and 1 up from distributel and its unlimited so they have to beat that. First guy had something to offer, second was a lady from business department what a waste of time and money.... She sent me back to residential and I got this annoying idiot who thought he was smart and all the deals I mentioned to him like $25 off the bill or whatever he said "I don't know anything about that, I dont see that. In the end of the haggling he suddenly said... I can get you $25 off for 6 months, with the extreme plan + unlimited for $30.

I told him I'll think about it a couple days.

After nearly 2h35m I hang up with them. Really annoyed with their stupid sales tactics. They on purpose do not tell you the good deals and try to get you for as close to regular price as possible. Unless they literally go down and give me better and more and cheaper then what I have now - I WILL NOT RETURN TO ROGERS!
(currently have Koodo canada unlimited for 57 + tax and a few extras. Same as my wife. For Internet: Distributel $50 + tax and modem rental comes to about 71.

Rogers can beat it if they want, or if they want to continue not having me as a customer they can give me inflated 'deals', until I come and pop the bubbles slowly...
its also YMMV, based on the rep(s) you get and how good or bad your negotiating skills are, how convincing you are at sweet talking them into getting 'your' deal instead of theirs...so many variables, im retentions customer and all i got was 30% off on 1 year contract, but i have all 4 rogers services so i got the $10 unlimited addon, i think i've downloaded like 1TB in the last 4 days :lol:
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
Just got my bill and they are charging me for the modem rental. I'll call in a bit to correct that...hopefully.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8093 upvotes
I signed up for Express but I'm getting Extreme speeds. I wonder how long it will last.
Jul 27, 2008
50 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
pcbc168 wrote: BTW, if anyone of you want any deal and live in the GTA, best to call them in the morning and you will connect to Brampton, Allen Rd. or Don Mills reps but if you call in the evening you will be transfered to VYR and reps from YVR are harder to negotiated. they won't budget. Just my experience. That was why I was on the phone with them 2.5 hours a couple days ago and still not the best price. They keep saying they don't see the deals.
How can you manage to get 30% off Digital VIP? I am trying to negotiate but they don't grant me. I have $45/month plan internet and $10/month plan home phone.
Jan 3, 2011
392 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
For people who got the deal... what kind of speeds are you getting?