Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Dec 22, 2008
617 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
This is my experience with Rogers...

- I got W45 bout a month ago with installation for today. With $15 activation but no $50 installation
- I changed installation date from today to a later date. Invoice now shows BOTH installation and activation
- I call to complain. Lady says installation will be waived.
- New invoice shows BOTH installation and activation waived

It's a real pain dealing with these guys but seriously? How dumb can they be?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
i hate myRogers, its always down when i check

We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Sep 27, 2010
68 posts
13 upvotes
I got W45 deal with 200G (Not unlimited). I have been Rogers customer for N year. I cancel rogers with my name and assign a new offer with one of my family members. Cancel on May 17 and new order is on May 18
Sep 27, 2010
68 posts
13 upvotes
My deal detail
No contract
$45.00 Rogers Extreme Internet (35 Mpbs/3 Mpbs)
Free extreme modem
200 GB a month
$14.95 activation charge
$49.95 installation fee
+Taxes
This rate is guaranteed for eight years
May 8, 2013
4 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
I got the deal today :) the CSR told me that the offer will expire at the end of May.
Apr 12, 2008
2 posts
anson1000 wrote: My deal detail
No contract
$45.00 Rogers Extreme Internet (35 Mpbs/3 Mpbs)
Free extreme modem
200 GB a month
$14.95 activation charge
$49.95 installation fee
+Taxes
This rate is guaranteed for eight years
Hi anson1000,

Which area are you located? Can you share the contact info of Rogers agent who gave you this deal?
Apr 12, 2008
2 posts
Sataba wrote: I got the deal today :) the CSR told me that the offer will expire at the end of May.
Do you have any other Rogers services? I tried but the retention guy did not give this deal to me. I even said the magic words "Cancel" and "Tek Savy".
Jul 18, 2007
633 posts
395 upvotes
Markham
I tried calling to two of them, and they said its a door to door offer, and they cant offer it??? i even talked to customer relations.
Aug 5, 2005
963 posts
9 upvotes
Markham
wongster wrote: I tried calling to two of them, and they said its a door to door offer, and they cant offer it??? i even talked to customer relations.
Just told them you got the mail about the offer. I remember that the flyer didn't have any code for it.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Why is everyone so pumped about this deal? All of this trouble just to stay with Rogers (despite the fact that half the people posting here hate Rogers with their soul).

Why not just sign up with Techsavvy or Start.ca or one of the many other resellers that offer this exact same plan or better for the same price? Wherever Rogers is available, you can also get Start.ca or in most cases Techsavvy. Why go through all the trouble arguing and feeling empowered when this is the norm with other providers?

Also Start/Techsavvy/etc... wave their installation charges if you are already a Rogers customer. There is also no "activation fee" lol. The only downside is you have to buy or rent a modem, but what harm does this do really as you can get a nice Motorola SB6201 for perhaps $60.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1705 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: Why is everyone so pumped about this deal? All of this trouble just to stay with Rogers (despite the fact that half the people posting here hate Rogers with their soul).

Why not just sign up with Techsavvy or Start.ca or one of the many other resellers that offer this exact same plan or better for the same price? Wherever Rogers is available, you can also get Start.ca or in most cases Techsavvy. Why go through all the trouble arguing and feeling empowered when this is the norm with other providers?

Also Start/Techsavvy/etc... wave their installation charges if you are already a Rogers customer. There is also no "activation fee" lol. The only downside is you have to buy or rent a modem, but what harm does this do really as you can get a nice Motorola SB6201 for perhaps $60.
well, there are more downside with TekSavvy: (I know you get 300GB cap which is nice if you download a lot)

TekSavvy Cable 28
Cost: $47 and you have to bring your Modem
Speed: Up to 28 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up

Rogers: $45 (and no Modem cost)
Speed: 35 Mbps Down / 3 Mbps Up and you automatically get Speed Boost for the first 200MB of any download

For me the extra speed (Specially Upload speed) is more important than 100GB cap

I just ran a speed test and here's the result (I know it's with speed boost :) )

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2697766814.png[/IMG]

and for those who believe SpeedTest results are not reliable (like myself). here's the result from testmy.net

[IMG]http://testmy.net/WxkfyFj.rFJbPCv.png[/IMG]
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Also if you compare Teksavvy Cable 28 package with the W35+$10 unlimited (which is what I converted to after getting W45), then W35+$10 wins out with unlimited bandwidth and slightly faster speeds. I also have cable and phone services with Rogers so it makes sense for me to stay with Rogers. And IMO paying $45 for unlimited is worth it if it's priced guaranteed for 8 years, meaning I don't have to talk to customer retention ever year to get discounts renewed.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: Why is everyone so pumped about this deal? All of this trouble just to stay with Rogers (despite the fact that half the people posting here hate Rogers with their soul).

It's not to "stay with Rogers" because this deal is for new customers only, not existing.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: Also if you compare Teksavvy Cable 28 package with the W35+$10 unlimited (which is what I converted to after getting W45), then W35+$10 wins out with unlimited bandwidth and slightly faster speeds. I also have cable and phone services with Rogers so it makes sense for me to stay with Rogers. And IMO paying $45 for unlimited is worth it if it's priced guaranteed for 8 years, meaning I don't have to talk to customer retention ever year to get discounts renewed.
how many services do you have?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gotoff wrote: how many services do you have?
3... cable, home phone & internet.
Aug 26, 2012
720 posts
153 upvotes
Fantaz wrote: It's not to "stay with Rogers" because this deal is for new customers only, not existing.
unfortunately I had to cancel for this very reason. my 8 month student discount ended may 3rd and they are charging me 95 dollars for this month for 200gb data and 45mbs

when i suggested the w45 the guy was like "ohhh hmmmm" lol they are bastards. he wouldn't say why he couldn't give it to me but i had no choice but to cancel.
my plan was to call back under my roomates name and set up a new account but I am leaning toward teksavvy now since I have my own modem