Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Jan 19, 2010
46 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks OP I just called and setup this deal.

Spoke to 2 departments (new customers and customer service). They had no idea of this deal. This deal i offered by sales department.
Rep confirmed details of this deal (same as above post). He did not say there is any charge for installation...I hope I dont get charged.
Installation is instaneous. He was willing to get someone over today....I said no and wait at least 1 week as I still have my Bell connection until end of the month. They have installation available everyday. Looking forward to this.
Jan 19, 2010
46 posts
3 upvotes
actng wrote: what nunber did you guys call

Call and ask for Sales Department. I got transferred fro new customers to customer service and finally to sales department.
Apr 29, 2012
121 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Here is what i got:

Rogers extreme Plus usage: 150 GB
Everything including modem and taxes is $65
No contract

Up: 35 MB
Down: 4 MB

decent?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15028 posts
6101 upvotes
techtoronto wrote: Here is what i got:

Rogers extreme Plus usage: 150 GB
Everything including modem and taxes is $65
No contract

Up: 35 MB
Down: 4 MB

decent?
No that should be $45 w/ 200gb
Apr 29, 2012
121 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: No that should be $45 w/ 200gb
you mean I should get extreme plus 200 GB for $45.. but as every rep say w45 is long dead
Jan 19, 2010
46 posts
3 upvotes
This promo is still available. I just ordered it today.
Rogers extreme (not extreme plus)
35/3
200 gb
modem included for free
8 yrs rate guarantee
$45 plus taxes
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15614 posts
1595 upvotes
GTA
desi2007 wrote: Call and ask for Sales Department. I got transferred fro new customers to customer service and finally to sales department.
they always ask for my phone number first and then they see my account and transfer me to customer retentions right away.
Nov 21, 2011
21 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
I'm an existing Rogers customer.

They offered extreme + 200gb for $48 + taxes (modem included) but only for two years. It's cheaper than I was paying for express, so I took it.
Aug 29, 2008
53 posts
33 upvotes
I figured I'd put my two cents in also. I am an existing rogers customer (with no contract), and I tried to get the W45 deal over the past month or so. I randomly called when I had free time and I think I must have spoken to every department including retention multiple times with no success. I also called "Steve", as per this redflag posting rogers-cable-retentions-new-customers-d ... _type=full who confirmed the deal was dead. So the only luck I've had was being offered similar promotions, but nothing as good as the W45.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15614 posts
1595 upvotes
GTA
i'm on with the tier 1 (first line of defense) customer service girl and she acknowledges W45 is around but only for new customers... argh
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8237 posts
1838 upvotes
Ontario
actng wrote: i'm on with the tier 1 (first line of defense) customer service girl and she acknowledges W45 is around but only for new customers... argh
well, that's what they said at the start of the promo as well.
of course, the retentions story was different, for both W35 and W45
Jan 4, 2013
67 posts
91 upvotes
BRADFORD
talked to customer service.. they said that this deal expires on March 31st and is only for new customers.
Mar 27, 2011
741 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Called internet sales and the process was 3 minutes!

No installation fees or modem rental.
$50 with tax plus one time activation fee.

Note that I have ROGERS wireless.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15614 posts
1595 upvotes
GTA
onlineharvest wrote: well, that's what they said at the start of the promo as well.
of course, the retentions story was different, for both W35 and W45
i talked to retentions and they said no again cuz it's only for new clients.

i asked what is new customer, they said disconnect for 90 days. i said so it's in my interest to keep cancelling and switching between companies? cuz that's what you're asking me to do...

then i asked what if i signed up under a new name, do you need photocopies of IDs? they go no... so that is another way is to cancel and sign up under a new name.

so then before i hung up i asked them if they could offer something else like TV + internet for $85 like Bell is offering and she went to ask and came back saying her manager is gonna try to add the W45 for me but no guarantees since it's only for new customers.

so now i wait for call back...