Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I was wondering if anyone has successfully switch from w45 to w35. I am afraid to screw up my existing w45 plan. Any feedback?
Jul 8, 2006
14 posts
1 upvote
I was able to order the W45 deal as a new customer. The offer has been extended to Mar 31st.
Can someone who has Rogers extreme service post speednet tests(or something similar).
I am currently on Bell Fibe15 service and I get the full 15Mbps download speeds as per the tests (I am in west Mississauga). I would like to compare this with Rogers and what others experience in terms of speed.

thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1993 posts
338 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
didn't see anyone else post it .. but here is a link to the mailer I got from rogers regarding this deal, just over a week ago. only thing it doesn't specify is the 8yr price or an expiry date of the offer.

maybe it'll help someone get it still...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/c ... 85983d.jpg
Woodstock, ON
Oct 16, 2012
244 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
For those ones who are getting this deal from Rogers, are you guys getting screwed with the volume? I have been calling them for about 2 weeks now to complain about this. They told me to shut off the Internet for 36 hours and I literally powered off the modem and it is still showing data flow!! I reinstalled one of my computers, do a virus scan on the other ones (Microsoft Security Essentials on one and Norton Antivirus on another) and most importantly, the modem was physically powered off and it is still showing data flow.

Sometimes I really feel Rogers are just putting a random number there for the traffic usage...and now I understand why people call Rogers, well, Robers.

And if you have been using the pre-assigned Wifi key and password given by Rogers, make sure you changed it, my laptop automatically connected to another Cisco modem (which is not even what I had) that had the same SSID and password as what Rogers has given me (luckily I changed mine from day 1)
Feb 3, 2013
46 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
ab131 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2013 10:57 am
I was able to order the W45 deal as a new customer. The offer has been extended to Mar 31st.
Can someone who has Rogers extreme service post speednet tests(or something similar).
I am currently on Bell Fibe15 service and I get the full 15Mbps download speeds as per the tests (I am in west Mississauga). I would like to compare this with Rogers and what others experience in terms of speed.

thanks
Rogers speed boost influences result but here you go:
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2582479150.png[/IMG]

I had bell 25/7 before.
Oct 3, 2010
27 posts
2 upvotes
Just received my bill for the Extreme for $45...
When i first spoke to the Rogers rep, they mentioned the Roger's Bundle discounts wouldn't be stackable so I wasn't expecting the 12% discount to be applied, but i think it was?

Anyone else seeing this as well?

[IMG]http://s18.postimage.org/7gxohbv7t/Scre ... _at_11.png[/IMG]
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15499 posts
1446 upvotes
GTA
i had a high of 75/3 last night on wifi and right now i'm doing about 62/3
Oct 16, 2012
244 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
Please read before spamming around with your signatures LOL, this is not 8 yr contract, there is no contract. 8 Yr is price guarantee
Redbox wrote:
Mar 18th, 2013 1:18 pm
no one with proper sense will take that... 8 year contract lol
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15499 posts
1446 upvotes
GTA
Redbox wrote:
the only thing i hate more than rogers are people who badmouth their competition based on ignorance
it really makes your business look like crap if you have to resort to bad mouthing your competition to get business.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8168 posts
1802 upvotes
Ontario
Redbox wrote:
It's not an 8 year contract, 8 year promotion - free to cancel, move, change, whenever you like, no penalty.
Price promotion for 8 years.
Get your facts straight sir, this has been addressed within the 72 pages....
Oct 16, 2012
244 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
onlineharvest wrote:
Mar 18th, 2013 1:27 pm
It's not an 8 year contract, 8 year promotion - free to cancel, move, change, whenever you like, no penalty.
Price promotion for 8 years.
Get your facts straight sir, this has been addressed within the 72 pages....
He is just trying to spam around with his signature...what a coincidence he is re-selling Teksavvy, LOL
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8168 posts
1802 upvotes
Ontario
pinkyy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2013 12:03 pm
Just received my bill for the Extreme for $45...
When i first spoke to the Rogers rep, they mentioned the Roger's Bundle discounts wouldn't be stackable so I wasn't expecting the 12% discount to be applied, but i think it was?

Anyone else seeing this as well?

[IMG]http://s18.postimage.org/7gxohbv7t/Scre ... _at_11.png[/IMG]
That is probably picking up from your older partial charges. It would have to be, because 3.35 is not 12% of any total listed
Prorated bills are messy. Wait until your next, I'm sure the bundle discount will not be there.