Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Mar 8, 2008
55 posts
9 upvotes
Just called Rogers Retentions to cancel my cable TV and home phone but keep internet. Was hoping to get the W45 but they said they said they dont offer it anymore and instead offered 20% off my Express at $54(includes 20% off for 12 months) and home phone for $9.99. Told them to note it down and I will get back. Should I go for this or push them some more ?
Oct 4, 2012
11 posts
3 upvotes
Kitchener
avante wrote:
Mar 18th, 2013 1:52 pm
Just called Rogers Retentions to cancel my cable TV and home phone but keep internet. Was hoping to get the W45 but they said they said they dont offer it anymore and instead offered 20% off my Express at $54(includes 20% off for 12 months) and home phone for $9.99. Told them to note it down and I will get back. Should I go for this or push them some more ?
I called today to see what they had to offer, currently paying full price for extreme internet only (no tv or phone) they offered me same deal but with the extra 80GB, they denied this deal had even ever existed so I told them to go **** themselves (in polite terms of course)!! Their customer service is awful, I was on hold at various points for ages and the call was 25 mins in total. cancelling with Roger$ and going elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4587 posts
1215 upvotes
XxBrazilianoxX wrote:
Mar 19th, 2013 11:12 am
Anyone tried adding unlimited to this??
many have tried and failed.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11718 posts
3756 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BenK wrote:
Mar 19th, 2013 11:29 am
many have tried and failed.
+1... XxBrazilianoxX, you can call in and try... see what they say. I've tried a few times and every time they said the two promos can't be combined.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8101 posts
1731 upvotes
Ontario
rvs007 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2013 12:07 pm
+1... XxBrazilianoxX, you can call in and try... see what they say. I've tried a few times and every time they said the two promos can't be combined.
Yeah, there really is no point in trying. Unlimited and W35/W45 are incompatible, system will not allow it.
Apr 6, 2009
54 posts
3 upvotes
My 50% off extreme is expiring in a day or two (64.99/2=32.50+ tax=36.71). So I called retentions and was offered 30% off Extreme plus + free modem and a credit of 162.72(he added tax to this figure without tax it is $144) to make up the difference since last year I had extreme for 50% off...But when I do the math the 162.72 does not make up the difference should I call in again or have I made a mistake in my calculations? So extreme plus is at 30% off is 52.49 + tax= 59.31- (162.72/12)=59.31-13.56= 45.75... So did he just try to equal the price of 30% of the extreme price which is 64.99? Should I call in complain now or wait until my bill for TV and internet come? How do I go about bringing this up and should I ask for credit/more percentage off since they made a mistake? I was told there would be no difference from my last year 50% off.It seems I am paying an extra 108.48 so my credit should have been around $272...Any advice or ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.
Jul 3, 2001
762 posts
120 upvotes
GTA
watch your bills, i just got mine and they are charging me modem rental.

edit: they said its an error and they are reversing it
Apr 6, 2009
54 posts
3 upvotes
ballercb4 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2013 2:52 pm
My 50% off extreme is expiring in a day or two (64.99/2=32.50+ tax=36.71). So I called retentions and was offered 30% off Extreme plus + free modem and a credit of 162.72(he added tax to this figure without tax it is $144) to make up the difference since last year I had extreme for 50% off...But when I do the math the 162.72 does not make up the difference should I call in again or have I made a mistake in my calculations? So extreme plus is at 30% off is 52.49 + tax= 59.31- (162.72/12)=59.31-13.56= 45.75... So did he just try to equal the price of 30% of the extreme price which is 64.99? Should I call in complain now or wait until my bill for TV and internet come? How do I go about bringing this up and should I ask for credit/more percentage off since they made a mistake? I was told there would be no difference from my last year 50% off.It seems I am paying an extra 108.48 so my credit should have been around $272...Any advice or ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.
After spending 1 hour and half on hold to talk with a manager I was told that my offer was for extreme internet not extreme plus internet. I argued that why would I waste my time to call in again. The manager told me the system said the previous manager wrote it was for extreme and if I went with extreme plus it would put them at a loss. So, I was told it was not possible and that I would have to stick with extreme. So, basically the "new manger" told me for my inconvenience he would adjust my credit...So now my deal is: extreme internet for 30% off + free modem + 226.28 dollars in credit for the difference from my last promotion...I guess its fair compensation for what happened...Now I just have to solve my slow speeds which ironically started after I accepted the 30% off promotion (download: 20mbps and upload: 2mbps).
Dec 28, 2007
86 posts
8 upvotes
Good luck to people who got this 45 deal and it's working fine for them. I mean the signal they are getting is reliable. I was with bell before I sign up for 45 deal with rogers and installation took place last Saturday. My wireless signal was not good at all, I was getting 0.7 mbps download. Called back Rogers and they send another tech same day. He said signal is too strong getting to modem and installed 2 splitters (-14db total) and said he done a bunch of things outside (it's all bs) and left and said my wireless signal will be back up once he feed info to l server. My wireless signal slightly got better (9mbps) but no where near 35mbps.
called again Rogers, they said go and change your modem, it may be defective (wireless part). next day got new modem and same thing. Called Rogers, they said, "wireless no gurantee, signal is reaching to modem fine, try moving modem around, plug straight to wall (was in power bar), do you have wireless phone, microwave ect..., it affect wireless signal.
I told them, I still have bell service running and I am getting 24.00 mbps wirelessly on bell modem consistently over and over.
CSR asked are 2 modems are side by side?
me: yes!
CSR: Bell modem can interfere with their modem.
Me: I disconected power to bell modem but there is still a problem with wireless signal.
I hang up after getting frustrated after CSR had nothing else to help or try blindly.

Monday I called back again to ask if they can do something. CSR did some changes but my speed test still stays at 14mbps. He offered to send a tech tomorrow to take a look again. i know It is not getting anywhere. Their modem (it's Hitron CGN2) may be not as good as Bell's cause I get perfect signal with Bell at same locations, same computer.

I have learned my lesson and should have stick with Bell. Only thing made me change was Rogers long term price protection and extra 200 gb. I hope thing work out tomorrow, but I have bell and Rogers for 3 days and when comparing both signals side by side on speedtest, bell signal is stable and consistent all the time as with Rogers, it's all over the place.

Any one have any idea or suggestion for my problem, please let me know.
thanks for reading.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8975 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
^ Internet is definitely YMMV.

For me, almost a decade ago Rogers was bad. Bell was good, and has always been. Now Rogers is good in my area. Less disconnections (well, no more actually) after a fresh new cable was wired to the jack into my house.
Jul 7, 2011
515 posts
200 upvotes
Etobicoke, Canada
@bangan..... From my experience, their Hitron modem/router is not very good for wireless connections, but for wired connection I'm getting 60 Mbps. This is what I did for my wireless devices as many suggested: Switched the Hitron to Bridge mode (Makes it modem only). Then I attached it to my Linksys e3200 and my wifi speeds are now: 35 - 40 Mbps at 2.4Ghz and 55-60 Mbps at 5Ghz.
Jul 10, 2011
51 posts
1 upvote
MISSISSAUGA
Just got of the phone with Rogers, they applied W45 promo to my current account.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5730 posts
672 upvotes
Ottawa
bangan wrote:
Mar 19th, 2013 11:57 pm
Good luck to people who got this 45 deal and it's working fine for them. I mean the signal they are getting is reliable. I was with bell before I sign up for 45 deal with rogers and installation took place last Saturday. My wireless signal was not good at all, I was getting 0.7 mbps download. Called back Rogers and they send another tech same day. He said signal is too strong getting to modem and installed 2 splitters (-14db total) and said he done a bunch of things outside (it's all bs) and left and said my wireless signal will be back up once he feed info to l server. My wireless signal slightly got better (9mbps) but no where near 35mbps.
called again Rogers, they said go and change your modem, it may be defective (wireless part). next day got new modem and same thing. Called Rogers, they said, "wireless no gurantee, signal is reaching to modem fine, try moving modem around, plug straight to wall (was in power bar), do you have wireless phone, microwave ect..., it affect wireless signal.
I told them, I still have bell service running and I am getting 24.00 mbps wirelessly on bell modem consistently over and over.
CSR asked are 2 modems are side by side?
me: yes!
CSR: Bell modem can interfere with their modem.
Me: I disconected power to bell modem but there is still a problem with wireless signal.
I hang up after getting frustrated after CSR had nothing else to help or try blindly.

Monday I called back again to ask if they can do something. CSR did some changes but my speed test still stays at 14mbps. He offered to send a tech tomorrow to take a look again. i know It is not getting anywhere. Their modem (it's Hitron CGN2) may be not as good as Bell's cause I get perfect signal with Bell at same locations, same computer.

I have learned my lesson and should have stick with Bell. Only thing made me change was Rogers long term price protection and extra 200 gb. I hope thing work out tomorrow, but I have bell and Rogers for 3 days and when comparing both signals side by side on speedtest, bell signal is stable and consistent all the time as with Rogers, it's all over the place.

Any one have any idea or suggestion for my problem, please let me know.
thanks for reading.
Switch it to the non-wifi modem and buy yourself your own wifi router to save yourself the trouble.

I would never use the wifi crap the ISPs put in their modems...
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
who has the cisco doc3 DPC3825 modem? any issues? im too lazy to setup my own wifi router
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro