Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1383 posts
275 upvotes
Oshawa
Just ordered this package.
$50.85 total after tax. Same day installation.
3 mpbs upload is pretty fair at this price.

The 2nd retentions rep nearly tried to tell me that the modem wasn't included in the $45, but after "checking" found out it was.
Apr 14, 2006
779 posts
65 upvotes
Markham
Tried to get this deal, all they offered was 10% off my service.

needless to say I have my cancellation setup.
Jun 27, 2010
456 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
sroghen wrote:
Mar 21st, 2013 9:56 am
Got W35 today with manager override from retentions.

Got denied on W45
Called back. Got transferred to sales and change my account to W45
Feb 9, 2012
102 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
I tried to add unlimited (willing to pay 30$ extra for it) to the extreme 200gb cap 45$ 35/3 free modem package but they couldn't do it - they said the only way is to completely change the plan and bump the cost past 100$ so I decided to leave it as is for now.

If anyone managed to get unlimited added appreciate if you can let me know!
Jul 10, 2011
55 posts
2 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Trowa wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 3:35 pm
Tried to get this deal, all they offered was 10% off my service.

needless to say I have my cancellation setup.
They Told me the same thing offered some 20% off on my current plan. However, I kept saying why loyal (current) customer can't get this deal where the new customer gets this deal. Then I told rep. i'll call back on the day my service ends to get this deal. And there was moment silence, rep told me let me check something...after couple of mins. she goes...I check with *someone*...and We can do that as long you agree today. And that was it....I got W45...

Hope this helps...
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
willy wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 3:20 pm
I am pretty sure I would need much more than 200GB/mth in 8 years time ;) No deal for me ... hee hee
Yup, holograms are gonna eat up data.. 200GB will be like 100MB today..
Sep 23, 2009
268 posts
24 upvotes
Cheetahmen2 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 4:20 pm
Yup, holograms are gonna eat up data.. 200GB will be like 100MB today..
You're not on an 8-year contract...you have an 8-year price guarantee. I.e., it's a free option to you to either maintain this current plan, or to switch to something better suited to your needs. The only thing the 8-year price guarantee does is ensure that Rogers won't increase the price for this package during that time period.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15502 posts
1451 upvotes
GTA
how the ***** are you guys getting this deal?????

you're new internet customers??
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12316 posts
4130 upvotes
Toronto, ON
actng wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 5:31 pm
how the ***** are you guys getting this deal?????

you're new internet customers??
People are saying they are getting from retention, so I would assume they are existing internet customers (a few posts earlier said they were on W35 and switched to W45).
Dec 28, 2007
86 posts
8 upvotes
actng wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 7:10 pm
with all due respect, your logic is flawed...
i don't doubt your claim that the bell modem is working better than the rogers in the same spot. but let's break this sentence down.

HOW do you know it's working better? are you connecting via wifi? let's break THIS down further...

wifi is wifi right? nope. you need to tune your wifi. every characteristic of wifi can affect your wifi experience. from the authentication protocol you choose, to the channel you're on, to whether you're running 20Mhz or 40Mhz...

I'm not defending rogers saying they gave you good equipment, in fact, you may very well be correct that rogers stuff is ***** . but you can't really conclude that without tuning your stuff.

for me, the rogers d3gn modem actually gives me a stronger wifi signal than my WRT610N router. but the lack of tuning capabilities (or that i've found yet) on the rogers modem actually limits me to about 25Mbps download whereas when I'm connected to my WRT router I'm getting 55-75.

isolate the problems one at a time before you start making bold statements. this will help you in life whether in school or at work. plug your computer directly into the modem first and see what sort of speeds you're getting, thus isolating the modem performance and finding out what the max speed you can get is. then introduce one variable at a time to see how that affects your connection speed.

I am comparing both services wirelesly, with Bell I get consistently 24.xxmbps more or less (Bell service is 25mbps) but with Roger I'm getting results all over the place from 8.xx to 18.xxmbps (Roger service is 35mbps), same room same laptop. I am going through all I can to tune it to the best possible.

I know everything has its limits and you have to work with these limits. What bothers me is that 3 tech visits and 4 tech support calls are still unable to make it work properly and Rogers gave up by saying it is wireless and it's not guarantee that you get a good stable wireless signal, they even gave up on their equipment and told me to get a dedicated modem at my wish. I have not given up on it yet and trying a different channel, placement ect... one at a time to see if i can avoid dedicated modem, live with it for now and wait for their new modem coming up.
Apr 12, 2009
18 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
got this deal today, the rep couldn't waive the 49$ installation fee but she gave me a 100$ credit on my bill, can't complain about that
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15502 posts
1451 upvotes
GTA
when you guys boast about getting this deal, can you please clarify whether you're new rogers customer? new rogers internet customer? existing rogers internet customer ????? PLEEEEASE. this is driving me crazy.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1383 posts
275 upvotes
Oshawa
I got this plan for my grandparents. They had cable television which I cancelled and ordered this plan for them. I got them an OTA HD antenna which gets them all the local channels they need and now they can stream their shows and Skype etc like a boss. They won't need 200gb, and the 8 year price guarantee gives them peace of mind.
Jan 6, 2010
72 posts
7 upvotes
tried talking to retentions but i was told the promotion expired .. can only offer 20% and first month free. i am already in my cancellation month so will look out for Bell or tekk..
Jan 6, 2010
72 posts
7 upvotes
actng wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 9:39 pm
when you guys boast about getting this deal, can you please clarify whether you're new rogers customer? new rogers internet customer? existing rogers internet customer ????? PLEEEEASE. this is driving me crazy.
this was for new customers but retentions had powers to add it to your account