Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1784 posts
177 upvotes
canhigh wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 11:26 pm
tried talking to retentions but i was told the promotion expired .. can only offer 20% and first month free. i am already in my cancellation month so will look out for Bell or tekk..
You should have told them that then you will be cancelling it and going to Teksavvy.
Sep 23, 2009
268 posts
24 upvotes
actng wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 9:39 pm
when you guys boast about getting this deal, can you please clarify whether you're new rogers customer? new rogers internet customer? existing rogers internet customer ????? PLEEEEASE. this is driving me crazy.
I was an existing Rogers TV customer, but previously had my home phone and internet with Bell. I called in to their new sales line to get the $14.99 home phone (with two features) and W45 internet added. Other posters in this thread have indicated that they've been existing Rogers internet customers and have been able to get the W45 plan added through retentions.
Aug 27, 2012
330 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
canhigh wrote:
tried talking to retentions but i was told the promotion expired .. can only offer 20% and first month free. i am already in my cancellation month so will look out for Bell or tekk..
I got this plan couple of days ago, you have to tell them that Bell offers similar plan, and they will tell you they can do it but with installation fee and activation fee.

Then talk to them and ask for credit, they will definitely give to you for the 2nd and 3rd bills.

At least i got this deal, already cancelled my Bell.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1304 posts
242 upvotes
Oshawa
I didn't get a credit, they just completely waived the 14.95 activation and 49.99 installation fee :)
Jan 6, 2010
71 posts
7 upvotes
i called last night. the rep was nice and she told me that she is trying to add the code but it doesnt go through. then she went on checking some notes where she said they have updated instructions that this promo is officially expired. she also told me that this was for new customers only but she can override it. i have already cancelled with rogers..going to be with tek or start..what do you guys suggest. i heard when tek internet goes down you have to wait for a week
Jan 6, 2010
71 posts
7 upvotes
already cancelled with rogers 2 days ago then i stumbled on this thread so i called last night... they did offer me 6mbps unlimited for 50 bucks ..
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4875 posts
1153 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks everyone for the comments

I'm coming from Bell internet

My condo has a contract with Rogers for TV and my mom pays like $5 extra per month for some channels she likes

i called in yesterday and they brought up her account.... i kept inquiring about the $45 plan and I was transferred to 3 different departments

finally i spoke to a rep and he agreed to give me the $45 plan

so its $45/month, no activation fee/no installation free/no monthly modem rental free
no contract
price guaranteed for 8 years
200GB cap

technician came in today and installed it, on speedtest gave me 32mbps down, verrrry nice

They offered to give me home phone for $9.99, and i agreed to that as well

so lets see how this rogers internet goes, hope it's great, i was so close to going with TekSavvy until i read up on this offer here

PS. I'm leaving Bell, never never use Bell for anything, THEY ARE SNAKES AND LIARS, RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM THEM, they always change up the price on you, and their retention department is just useless, now Bell can kiss my sorry *****
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
ez_86 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2013 10:57 pm

My condo has a contract with Rogers for TV and my mom pays like $5 extra per month for some channels she likes

i called in yesterday and they brought up her account.... i kept inquiring about the $45 plan and I was transferred to 3 different departments

so its $45/month, no activation fee/no installation free/no monthly modem rental free
no contract
200GB cap

technician came in today and installed it, on speedtest gave me 32mbps down, verrrry nice

so lets see how this rogers internet goes, hope it's great, i was so close to going with TekSavvy until i read up on this offer here

PS. I'm leaving Bell, never never use Bell for anything, THEY ARE SNAKES AND LIARS, RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM THEM, they always change up the price on you, and their retention department is just useless, now Bell can kiss my sorry *****
You are going from BELL to Rogers.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote:
Mar 18th, 2013 1:26 pm
the only thing i hate more than rogers are people who badmouth their competition based on ignorance
it really makes your business look like crap if you have to resort to bad mouthing your competition to get business.
Whoa, you are really becoming a Rogers fanboy in here and overly desperate to get this deal? I agree about bad mouthing competition tho. I got the deal, but changed my mind, because years later and the CSR is still sh!!!t.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
ez_86 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2013 10:57 pm

no contract
200GB cap

Is there any way to get something like this for existing customers?
canhigh wrote:
this was for new customers but retentions had powers to add it to your account
By add to the account you mean override it?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8101 posts
1731 upvotes
Ontario
Fantaz wrote:
Mar 27th, 2013 11:29 pm

Many existing customers were able to get W35/W45 through retentions.
Many 'new customer only' promos can be attained by existing only through that department. Eg, the SRU home phone promo
Just say you received the promo in the mail, directed to you. They will say it was only for select customers, so if you received the mailer, that's you.

Also be aware that existing customers didn't have any difficulties when the promo was first introduced, and we're now seeing existing having greater difficulty. Since it is always YMMV with Rogers, they may have changed their policy on this promotion.

Call. Cancel. Ask for promo you received in the mail. That has worked for most unless they are tightening up now.
Jan 6, 2010
71 posts
7 upvotes
Fantaz wrote:
Mar 27th, 2013 11:29 pm

Retention can add any promo to you account as they can make exceptions, so any new promo can be added to existing customers ...

BTW was anyone able to get this promo added after 23rd March and if yes, can you let me know the promo code they used.
Jun 4, 2007
731 posts
71 upvotes
canhigh wrote:
Mar 28th, 2013 11:38 am
Retention can add any promo to you account as they can make exceptions, so any new promo can be added to existing customers ...

BTW was anyone able to get this promo added after 23rd March and if yes, can you let me know the promo code they used.
I just got off the phone with them. I was able to get the phone promo (SRU) on but I was told the W45 was changed so it's only applicable to new customers and "the system will not allow it" applied to existing customers. I got 30% off of Extreme instead for now. BTW, does anyone know for sure if the Rogers Home Phone can be used with a different internet provider? I asked and was told there should be no issues but it would be nice to get a confirmation from someone who is actually doing it.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
2617 posts
1432 upvotes
GTA
noob666 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 4:45 pm
+ 2

unless i have no choice

i will never give rogers a penny of my hard earn money
You should realize that "smaller guys" are just resellers for Rogers, so in the end, Rogers still gets your money...
Dec 9, 2006
143 posts
2 upvotes
Got the 35Mbps internet from Rogers, but my speeds are averaging at 16Mbps on my laptop. Called tech support and they said to get a dedicated router to get the real speeds. That seems dumb, shouldn't the modem/router combo they provide be capable of working near 35Mbps wirelessly?