Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Nov 9, 2006
792 posts
557 upvotes
So I just called the 1-888 number on the flyer and as soon as I mentioned $45/month, the rep knew what I was talking about and said the price is like forever, but did say it's 8 years and he didn't know why Rogers choose 8 years. Anyhow setup was quick, my install will be tomorrow and no install fee.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8236 posts
1838 upvotes
Ontario
9394 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2013 12:49 pm
Wow, they gave you that plan and you are an existing customer? I called in and they said it's for new activations only.
Magic words! Don't forget them.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20583 posts
2006 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2013 12:49 pm
Wow, they gave you that plan and you are an existing customer? I called in and they said it's for new activations only.
I just called in and also was denied...

I told them I received this promo in the mail (I live in a condo) and was hoping to switch my existing plan to this one....

But alas, I was denied.....bah....
onlineharvest wrote:
Apr 18th, 2013 11:47 am
That number is meant to be for people who received the direct promo - that's why it went so smoothly.
For the most part, people having difficulty through retention failed to say the magic words! "I received this promo in the mail" - they would deny people citing it was for a targeted population, select group, etc...

If you say YOU are among them by saying you got the flyer, it WILL go smooth. Or they call you a liar! lol
onlineharvest wrote:
Apr 18th, 2013 2:32 pm
Magic words! Don't forget them.
I said all the magic words and still was denied...

I think I am going with Teksavvy....just hate that I have to purchase their modem (or rent it)....

WTB: Iphone 7 Plus
Heatware: 63-0-0
Nov 12, 2012
4 posts
KITCHENER
Existing Customer Here - Just called in and was able to get it! They had to route me through 2 diff departments but all reps were aware of w45 and stated that it is still active. They connected me no questions asked. Happy customer here :lol:
Aug 17, 2011
16 posts
2 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Existing 10+ year customer, no contract, and no promos or discounts on account. Extreme Internet & VIP TV subscriber.
Called 1-888-ROGERS1, Option 4 for account changes, typed in phone number, Option 4 to cancel service - then chose Option to cancel Internet service.
Spoke to agent, told them wanted to cancel service as start.ca has better deal (35/3/200 for $50) - was instantly offered this W45 deal. No activation or installation charges. 5 minute phone call. Picked up modem from store 15 minutes later.
Teenagers happy - more streaming & skyping for them.
Thanked OP :D Thank you RFD!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19200 posts
7293 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
Apr 18th, 2013 2:37 pm

I said all the magic words and still was denied...

I think I am going with Teksavvy....just hate that I have to purchase their modem (or rent it)....
Don't give up so easily. It took me 4 tries over 3 weeks. Failure is not an option. Dust yourself off and give it another go.
Dec 22, 2008
511 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
speederd wrote:
Apr 18th, 2013 1:26 pm
So I just called the 1-888 number on the flyer and as soon as I mentioned $45/month, the rep knew what I was talking about and said the price is like forever, but did say it's 8 years and he didn't know why Rogers choose 8 years. Anyhow setup was quick, my install will be tomorrow and no install fee.
Hang on, no install fee?? So you aren't paying the $50 install fee or both the install and activation for $65?? I have installation coming in for a month but I am paying the full $65. Is it worth calling back trying to get this waived? It's quite a deal breaker for me since I only need it for 4 months, but there's no better plan out there.
Nov 9, 2006
792 posts
557 upvotes
bootleg wrote:
Apr 19th, 2013 9:32 am
Hang on, no install fee?? So you aren't paying the $50 install fee or both the install and activation for $65?? I have installation coming in for a month but I am paying the full $65. Is it worth calling back trying to get this waived? It's quite a deal breaker for me since I only need it for 4 months, but there's no better plan out there.
Yes, I was told that this promo included NO install fee, he said my first bill will the monthly cost plus a few extra pro-rated days.
Sep 23, 2009
268 posts
24 upvotes
abdul15 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2013 6:57 pm
Was anyone able to get the activation fee waived or reduced? $65 seems too steep for just activation
I called them after the fact and told them I'd been told that the installation fee would be waived ($50), and I was only supposed to be charged the activation fee ($15). After a few minutes of checking, the rep came back and said they'd put a $50+tax credit on my next bill.
Dec 22, 2008
511 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Hang on I just checked my first bill too. It has no mention of the $50 installation (which the rep said it would), but does have a $15 activation. Is this the same for you?
Jun 6, 2008
305 posts
31 upvotes
I tried almost 3 times in this week. Still could not manage to get it.
I am currently on Express 25/2, 160GB and pay 45$ + Taxes a month, No Contract. Have only internet from them.
They say I am already on one promotion and they cannot move me to the other promo till the current one expires.

Eventually when i called this morning, I ended up cancelling my internet with Rogers as the retentions was not ready to budge and i was fed up.

There is a 30 day notice period for cancellation.

My question is, should I try calling them again and see if they can offer me W45 or should I just forget about it and go Techsavvy (hate the fact that I will have to pay the setup & modem fee to them)?
Sep 23, 2009
268 posts
24 upvotes
I've received my first bill now, but I still have a bad feeling about everything. Does anyone know where *in writing* it states that the price is guaranteed for 8 years?

I've been told this verbally multiple times, but as per the comments above, I just don't trust Rogers.
Nov 9, 2006
792 posts
557 upvotes
hello2adi wrote:
Apr 19th, 2013 9:51 am
I tried almost 3 times in this week. Still could not manage to get it.
I am currently on Express 25/2, 160GB and pay 45$ + Taxes a month, No Contract. Have only internet from them.
They say I am already on one promotion and they cannot move me to the other promo till the current one expires.

Eventually when i called this morning, I ended up cancelling my internet with Rogers as the retentions was not ready to budge and i was fed up.

There is a 30 day notice period for cancellation.

My question is, should I try calling them again and see if they can offer me W45 or should I just forget about it and go Techsavvy (hate the fact that I will have to pay the setup & modem fee to them)?
Give it a try, tell them you cancelled yesterday and received this offer in the mail when you got home and you would like to remain as a customer on this promo. Call the number on the promo letter, 1-888-395-5309 (don't know if that number is different from their main number) but worth a try.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8236 posts
1838 upvotes
Ontario
MaxwellMcGee wrote:
Apr 19th, 2013 9:51 am
I've received my first bill now, but I still have a bad feeling about everything. Does anyone know where *in writing* it states that the price is guaranteed for 8 years?

I've been told this verbally multiple times, but as per the comments above, I just don't trust Rogers.
I'd say that feeling is probably justified, lol
But what can you do? They clearly are offering it, its written in the notes, you're not alone in reporting that figure, etc
I recall reading some Facebook pages where people were complaining about people being offered 8 year promos, whereas existing getting shafted. A member of the Rogers social media team responded by saying its only for select customers - certainly didn't deny it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.