Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Nov 9, 2006
792 posts
557 upvotes
bootleg wrote:
Apr 19th, 2013 9:47 am
Hang on I just checked my first bill too. It has no mention of the $50 installation (which the rep said it would), but does have a $15 activation. Is this the same for you?
Just got my first bill and no installation charge but a $15 activation charge. Gave them a call and took 2 minutes for the rep to waive the $15 as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
1051 posts
139 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Was just wondering if anyone is getting this still? I called in to retentions to inquire about it and was told that W45 no longer exists in their system? They could only offer me the W35, $35 express plan @ 80gb.

If anyone who got this in the last few days could update, that would be grealy appreciated!
Jan 8, 2008
6 posts
2heaven wrote:
Apr 26th, 2013 7:50 pm
Was just wondering if anyone is getting this still? I called in to retentions to inquire about it and was told that W45 no longer exists in their system? They could only offer me the W35, $35 express plan @ 80gb.

If anyone who got this in the last few days could update, that would be grealy appreciated!
I got the W45 with 35/3 and 200GB on Wednesday (April 24th).
Jun 6, 2011
396 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
Only a couple of channels in Rogers still offer it, calling the main # wont work, you almost half to luck out to get it, guessing it will come back in late May, keep you posted.
Dec 27, 2011
318 posts
30 upvotes
Stouffville
@wineluvr , if the main# will not work , can you tell me what number has better chance ? thanks
Nov 11, 2012
110 posts
70 upvotes
Called in today and couldn't get it. All I was offered was 25% off so I put in my 30 days notice.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
VantesV wrote:
Apr 25th, 2013 9:16 pm
I got a call today from a Rogers sales rep trying to get us to continue using Rogers Internet since our term ends in less than a month. There would be no contract or rental fees. We were offered the Extreme Plus package which includes 45mb DL speed, and 150GB of bandwidth, for the price of $42.36 after taxes. This was a pretty good deal so we said sure we'll take it. We were transferred to another department to apply the changes but my mom(who was the account holder) did not speak English so we asked to be transferred to someone who spoke Cantonese.
Instead, we were transferred to the 'department' where I could press 1 to do this and press 2 to do that which was basically what you get when you call into their customer support. Afterwards, we followed the instructions and got transferred to the cancellation department and told them what happened and what we were talking to him for. He said it was impossible that we get what we were offered because it was only for new customers. What the heck, we were offered this and the (original) guy even said he had to ask his manager if he could offer that package. Apparently there wasn't even a note on our account about what was offered. Not only that, but the person that told us that we couldn't get this offer knew about this offer anyways. We just got lied to by somebody. This is so frustrating...
Yepp, welcome to Rogers... sorry to hear about your experience.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1446 posts
318 upvotes
Oshawa
Fantaz wrote:
Apr 27th, 2013 6:11 am
Yepp, welcome to Rogers... sorry to hear about your experience.
Sounds like every other customer support call.
Dec 23, 2004
12 posts
Anyone have over usage problem?
The first month I was at 226 GB but I didn't do anything other than surf and play video games. I've never gone over the last 2 years with teksavvy. I hope it's on their end because its gonna be a hassle to argue with them.
Nov 12, 2011
27 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I tried getting this deal claiming that I got a flyer - no go.

Proceeded to retentions who offered me nothing great - I cancelled.

Callback the next day (today) offering me the ultimate package at $58.17 all in for a year - good enough, I guess.
Apr 29, 2013
13 posts
4 upvotes
Brampton
i called today in morning asked for W45, they said there is nothing like that plan, so i give them 30 days notice for cancelation and then by evening i was sitting with my friend and i told him about W45 plan, he called in and he got the deal, i got frustrated and i called them back again they said this is not for existing customers, i hang up after 6 calls i got a nice rep, he finally added w45 plan to my account. so its still available
Dec 27, 2011
318 posts
30 upvotes
Stouffville
after failed last week. I called again today. Was told the w45 is no longer exist . they gave me some discount. which is so BS . So i hang up . I will continuous work with them in a few days.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1116 posts
206 upvotes
I think this deal is dead, whoever got this recently, its only for 6 months
Same with w35 with garbage 80gb bandwidth
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39862 posts
5956 upvotes
King City
No other alternatives? Teksavvy, VMedia, Distributel or Start?
Proud to be an Indian.
135 posts
21 upvotes
kitchener, on
Gorillaa wrote:
May 1st, 2013 12:12 am
I think this deal is dead, whoever got this recently, its only for 6 months
Same with w35 with garbage 80gb bandwidth
I ordered yesterday for May end installation. Try again. Unless they ended promotion on April 30th.