Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

[OP]
Jan 20, 2012
80 posts
103 upvotes
Barrie
dskum wrote: Rogers as usual again.

I signed up for the 45$ 200GB Plan. My very first invoice says on page 4 that the price is going to raise by 3$ starting from next Invoice!!! Also when signed up (through Steve) was informed that the Modem was 'owned' by us. Not so true. Its a rental with rental amount discounted. (Meaning it must've to be returned at the end of the term - by term I mean when disconnecting - hoping there is no 'contract' clause hidden somewhere - crossing fingers!).

I left Rogers couple of years before (thinking) for good! But unfortunately, due to no other alternate option I have to go through their false promises & billing system again! Really sick!
As stated the $3 increase will not effect this plan. They will add it to your bill but then give you a credit for it. Also As stated the 45.00 per month is guaranteed for 8 years. As far as modem goes Rogers offers you one for 8 years at no cost so what are you complaining about? Go anywhere else and you are buying a modem and paying shipping cost etc. It is funny how negative people are on this site, maybe start looking on positive side of things.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
125 upvotes
I was wondering about this... In my apartment building a Rogers rep came knocking at my door yesterday and offered me this deal. I'm thinking about signing up, as I don't get much with Bell right now anyway, but not sure if it's a good idea. I end up paying an extra $6/month, but I get a lot more speed and a lot more bandwidth. Hmmm.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote: I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote: Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Sep 22, 2012
326 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
SuperMocha wrote: I was told about this deal by a booth during weekend shopping.
Signed up to it with 14.95 activation fee + 49.99 (or 59.99) installation fee waived.
Called in customer service line to verify. It is for 8 years not 8 months. The rep was very nice and emphasized that there's no contract terms. The only thing needed to pay attention is the 30 days cancellation notice.
When price goes up or anything happens to this plan, we can always cancel and run!!!
Which mall did you go?
Sep 22, 2012
326 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Just called and signed up. I do like the 8 years price guarantee so I don't have to call back every year to beg for promotions.
Jan 5, 2009
301 posts
33 upvotes
I called Rogers last night. I also got in on this deal (well not a deal really)...They are offering an "Express" service with 300GB of data for $68.99 - 20% $ free modem rental ($8 value). This is on a one year contract.

Really needed the extra GB's.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1410 posts
102 upvotes
It seems like there is a conflicting information about this deal & there is nothing about this deal on rogers.com.

Oh well I spoke with rogers Agent a while ago & he said this deal is over.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5174 posts
1223 upvotes
Kanata
May wrote: It seems like there is a conflicting information about this deal & there is nothing about this deal on rogers.com.

Oh well I spoke with rogers Agent a while ago & he said this deal is over.
Try and call back, different agents offer different rates. These type of deals are never posted on their website.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1410 posts
102 upvotes
Why it shouldn't be listed in rogers.com website, is it a secret

Too bad I was looking to use this deal to negotiate with Bell

Oh well, there is a $70 Activation & setup fees & I do not know what else with this deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1632 posts
163 upvotes
Scarborough
As an existing Cable TV customer (no internet), I called in and got this deal. They waived the $50 fee, but not their $14.95 fee. They emphasized this is not really for existing Rogers customer, but they are making an exception. So it is YMMV.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2842 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
I'd rather pay teksavvy the $50 a month for the slower speed, unlimited bandwidth and mostly because bell and rogers isn't getting paid.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
813 upvotes
Calgary
Internet has become such a rip off, it should be no more than $25 tops a month. I wont ever forget the days of $14.95/month internet.
Mar 7, 2011
601 posts
351 upvotes
Winnipeg
One of the bigger fails ive ever seen on these forums
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5174 posts
1223 upvotes
Kanata
TRK9 wrote: As an existing Cable TV customer (no internet), I called in and got this deal. They waived the $50 fee, but not their $14.95 fee. They emphasized this is not really for existing Rogers customer, but they are making an exception. So it is YMMV.
Ya too bad I renewed my contract for the $62 with tax for 300gb. I had 120gb before which wasn't cutting it at all, I think 200gb would've been the sweet spot for $50 with tax.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
May 9, 2006
105 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Super_Chicken wrote: I'd rather pay teksavvy the $50 a month for the slower speed, unlimited bandwidth and mostly because bell and rogers isn't getting paid.
:facepalm: