Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Rogers/Fido] LG G PAD III 8.0 FHD LTE $240

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2017 1:14 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
dtych wrote: I can get one of these brand new in the box unopened for $180.

My question is how well with this perform when having 8 chrome tabs open?
prolly NOT good lol...don't use chrome its a RAM hogger...use something like brave browser with adblock YMMV
this tablet got the 7.0 nougat update ..so try that .... 1.4gb file update, takes while to install
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4050 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA North
Top one. It protects the corners which is what you need for and it's open do that the screen is not covered. That fold up stand is impractical and not sturdy but the case itself of fine. You're better off with a dollarama stand for prolonged periods of time.

Edit: I initially typed bottom but I meant top. That's the case that I got myself , the one with the lame foldable stand.
Last edited by tkl on Jan 30th, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
bottom case is THICK tho, thats the bad part...moko one is thin and lightweight
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
I got the moko and the viewing angle the cool foldable stand provides fits my needs. It doesn't have the sleeves but I don't think I would use them. I guess the advantage the moko has over the leather case is that is does not take as much space on whatever surface you have it on. I think you'll be satisfied with whichever one you get.
Jan 15, 2016
879 posts
940 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Smart-Fancy-desi ... 2823984073

Grab these, better reviews and looks much lighter. mine's just on the way. i returned my 1st one which i got from amazon as it was much heavier than the tablet itself.

so hard looking for a case. i was originally just gonna go for a tpu case but there arent too much that cost the same as ipad ones at less than 4 bucks. most are over 10 so didnt make sense.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Will these tablets support or work on China Unicom? At least 3G utms? Just wondering since I'm planning to buy one for a relative
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Jan 11, 2006
109 posts
15 upvotes
NORTH YORK
dtych wrote: I can get one of these brand new in the box unopened for $180.

My question is how well with this perform when having 8 chrome tabs open?
Think this would be a good travel companion.Where can you purchase for $180 BNIB ?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
I just got around to opening up the box after getting it a couple months ago...

Does anybody else's G pad have an annoying sound coming from the top portion of the tablet when you tap the screen, almost like something is loose in there?
Jan 17, 2017
263 posts
237 upvotes
If from the back of the lg tablet then yes, I even read a review that said it needed more 2 sided tape inside
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
tmonies wrote: Will these tablets support or work on China Unicom? At least 3G utms? Just wondering since I'm planning to buy one for a relative
It's probably not ideal cause this device is missing the 2100 band that China uses.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7781 upvotes
Vancouver
ron_reck wrote: Think this would be a good travel companion.Where can you purchase for $180 BNIB ?
I got my off the Craigs for $150, sealed in the box, and it was even before all the Fido madness with “take it for free w/contract” started. Posted an add, got 3 answers right away… And I love it!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Jan 11, 2006
109 posts
15 upvotes
NORTH YORK
max011 wrote: I got my off the Craigs for $150, sealed in the box, and it was even before all the Fido madness with “take it for free w/contract” started. Posted an add, got 3 answers right away… And I love it!
Thanks for info.Just got one as new open box for $150 as well on Kijiji.
Seemed like a legit seller.
Will come in handy for travel.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7781 upvotes
Vancouver
ron_reck wrote: Thanks for info.Just got one as new open box for $150 as well on Kijiji.
Seemed like a legit seller.
Will come in handy for travel.
Sure will! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

It's a lovely toy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Jan 15, 2016
879 posts
940 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
biscuits wrote: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Smart-Fancy-desi ... 2823984073

Grab these, better reviews and looks much lighter. mine's just on the way. i returned my 1st one which i got from amazon as it was much heavier than the tablet itself.

so hard looking for a case. i was originally just gonna go for a tpu case but there arent too much that cost the same as ipad ones at less than 4 bucks. most are over 10 so didnt make sense.
got it last week, definitely better than the amazon cases. fits like a glove and almost no weight added.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7781 upvotes
Vancouver
vivibaby wrote: Is this locked or unlocked?
Locked to Fido/Rogers

EDIT:

Use: https://www.mobifree.net/ to unlock. $4.99CAD

I think there is also like $0.50 discount for RFD-ers w/promo code "Winter2017"... [Email and ask, guy is right here with us on RFD.]
May 8, 2010
11 posts
Regina
Hey all

I've recently switched from Windows Mobile OS (last year) to S7 Edge and getting back in to Android again. I'm liking it.

I have a $100 Visa Max card that is burning a hole in my pocket and I think I can purchase "outright" from BestBuy on this tablet for $240

A) Haven't had a chance to read through the many forums out there, but do most believe this is a worthy tablet to purchase? Like the resolution.
Stable without too many hiccups? Playstore not limited or anything?
Would probably only be using for browsing, video streaming and maybe some light gaming.

B) Can anyone confirm that I can buy outright? Don't want any data contract with.

C) Don't really want to spend too much, so with $100 off the $240 price, this is about the price range. However, if there's better for a touch more, I'd consider it

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
d3brain wrote: Thoughts?
A) If you plan to pay "outright" then why limit yourself to this model? There are similar tablets from other makes like Samsung, Lenovo, Acer, etc. at similar prices. The main draw of the G Pad, apart from it being "free", is that it has a data modem and accepts a data SIM. Not all tablets in this price range do. But if that's not important to you then why pay for it? But since you asked, I'd say the LG G Pad for $240 is a reasonable value for a name brand 7" tablet with WUXGA screen, etc. However since I got mine for "free" I've never really done a detailed comparison.

B) It's for sale at Best Buy for $239.99. No need to get a data plan or anything else.

C) A competitive tablet is also $100 off with that "Visa Max card that is burning a hole in my pocket." IOW the card is irrelevant. Even if you don't use the card on a tablet you can use it on something else. It's essentially a $100 bill.

D) You didn't ask, but at least in ON there are BNIB LG G Pads for sale on Kijiji for around $150. They're being sold by people who got them for "free" under this or the previous promo. If you buy a G Pad from them you'll have paid $100 less than $240 (plus taxes) and still get to keep your $100 Visa card.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7781 upvotes
Vancouver
bylo wrote: A)<snap>, I'd say the LG G Pad for $240 is a reasonable value for a name brand 7" tablet with WUXGA screen, etc.
Even more reasonable if you take into consideration it is actually 8" tablet... Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
max011 wrote: Even more reasonable if you take into consideration it is actually 8" tablet... Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Further proof that size really matters ;)
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)