Tags:
[OP]
Nov 13, 2008
88 posts
36 upvotes
toronto

Rogers First Rewards - what to do

Not sure where to post this...

but i recently got an email from Rogers saying that my subsription/points for Rogers Rewards will expire. To be honest, i have never used it and now that i am losing it, what are the possible outcomes? should i just sign in and keep it going?
13 replies
Jan 24, 2012
529 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
amitabh9 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2015 9:49 am

And you thought posting in HOT DEALS would be a great idea?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1843 posts
486 upvotes
Calgary
Windex wrote:
Mar 11th, 2015 9:50 am
And you thought posting in HOT DEALS would be a great idea?
And in the category of Home & Garden > Home Services & Repairs..
Verified Rep
Nov 10, 2011
33 posts
15 upvotes
TORONTO
amitabh9 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2015 9:49 am

but i recently got an email from Rogers saying that my subsription/points for Rogers Rewards will expire. To be honest, i have never used it and now that i am losing it, what are the possible outcomes? should i just sign in and keep it going?
Definitely sign in and keep it going! :) There are a lot of great rewards, and you may already have a lot of points saved up which can be redeemed for products or services. If you don’t sign in, your membership in the Rogers First Rewards program will be cancelled and your points will be lost, so I'd definitely recommend signing in.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15492 posts
2470 upvotes
Toronto
I got that e-mail too. My read of it was just sign in and it keeps going. Rogers signed me up for it when I started using their services. Don't really care.
RedFlagDeals addict
[OP]
Nov 13, 2008
88 posts
36 upvotes
toronto
what difference does it make? i am unclear on why its worth it?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2991 posts
457 upvotes
We just have Rogers for Internet and Cable - so the points accumulated are minimal. I use them to rent a movie On Demand at the $5.99 price point (we just have the one modem) - and you have several months to watch a movie - and hope like heck that something is shown that you actually might want to see.

If you have other products like cell phones or like sports or more specific types of movies/sports etc. then you can use them that way.

I have a $5.99 movie to buy now - I just can't seem to find anything that I want to watch.
Verified Rep
Nov 10, 2011
33 posts
15 upvotes
TORONTO
amitabh9 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2015 10:08 am
what difference does it make? i am unclear on why its worth it?
You can gain points by simply paying your bill, then those points accumulate and can be used for products or services. Personally, I just used about 25000 points which saved me $250 off the price of a phone upgrade. It's like free money. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1610 posts
678 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
RogersMichaelT wrote:
Mar 12th, 2015 2:45 pm
You can gain points by simply paying your bill, then those points accumulate and can be used for products or services. Personally, I just used about 25000 points which saved me $250 off the price of a phone upgrade. It's like free money. :)
Really?

The first rewards program launched in November 2013.

Platinum tier earns 2 points per dollar spent per month. 25,000 points .. 16 months.... 1562pts/month ...

You spend $781/month .... ~10k/yr on your Rogers services?

......Please
Verified Rep
Nov 10, 2011
33 posts
15 upvotes
TORONTO
rob187 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2015 4:38 pm
Really?

The first rewards program launched in November 2013.

Platinum tier earns 2 points per dollar spent per month. 25,000 points .. 16 months.... 1562pts/month ...

You spend $781/month .... ~10k/yr on your Rogers services?

......Please
Not quite. But I do have a Rogers First Rewards MasterCard, which gives you 5000 points for signing up. And I use it all the time (I put a trip to Disney World on it). It all adds up. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2063 posts
839 upvotes
Victoria
This might be like when the Rogers social media hacks were caught a few months ago telling made up stories about how the new more expensive plans that they are forcing everyone onto somehow save people money.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1184 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto
Got this email as well. I thought if you signed up for Rogers First Rewards you would lose your discounts (if I recall correctly)? Since I still have promos on my account currently (and previously) I never signed up for Rogers First Rewards for that reason so not sure I should accept this or not.