Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers Wireless

FREE Suretap NFC SIM card + $100 Rogers Prepaid MC credit (Nov 26 - Jan 6)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2014 1:42 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes

[Rogers Wireless] FREE Suretap NFC SIM card + $100 Rogers Prepaid MC credit (Nov 26 - Jan 6)

Deal Link:
More offers from Rogers Wireless
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/suret ... anguage=en

Get a FREE suretap SIM card. Call 1-855-640-7914.

I'm not really into mobile payment, but if you want a free NFC sim card from Rogers, it's better than paying $10 at a store. Of course, you needs to be a Rogers wireless customer.
If you have a TD Credit Card, you can take advantage of the $25 billing credit with mobile payment: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/td-bank- ... e-1591855/
CIBC also has a similiar $25 promotion with their mobile payment app: https://www.cibc.com/ca/features/mobile-payment.html

UPDATE 1: A couple RFDers reported getting the SIM for free at the stores (corp stores?). If the phone reps didn't give it to you (prepaid/incompatible phone), try it at the stores.

UPDATE 2:
**Limited time promo! Receive a FREE $50 credit when you download the Rogers Prepaid MasterCard to your suretap wallet by November 25th, 2014!
Learn more at www.rogers.com/suretap **
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... llet&hl=en

UPDATE 3:
The promotional offer for $100 loaded onto the virtual co-branded Rogers Prepaid MasterCard (the "Card") is subject to change without notice and shall expire on Jan 6, 2015. This promotional offer is only eligible for Rogers customers that apply for and successfully add the Card through the suretap wallet application on their suretap eligible mobile device between Nov 26th, 2014 and Jan 6th, 2015. This promotional offer is limited to one per customer and only applicable to the first Card they add to their suretap wallet. No subsequent card added or replaced to the wallet during the eligible period above will receive the $100 credit. Upon confirmation of compliance with these terms and eligibility, a credit in the amount of $100 will be loaded onto your Card and available for use in the suretap wallet.
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/suret ... anguage=en
I got confirmation from RogersHelp that the $100 credit is available to anyone who activates the card between Nov 26 - Jan 6.

UPDATE 4:
Confirmed by myself that $100 credit appears on my Rogers Prepaid Mastercard right after downloading the card and completed the approval process.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
111 replies
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
4100 posts
2737 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Just requested my sim and will be using it in conjunction with my TD Aeroplan Card :D
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
Why can't other carriers offer this ugh lol.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3275 posts
2146 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I need this!
Always forget my wallet at home
Grrrrr....
Jul 8, 2014
279 posts
158 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Thanks! Been wanting to get this for a while.
Apr 29, 2006
422 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
this sucks I was really looking forward to this and then the agent told me my IPHONE 6 wont work with it!! :mad:
Jul 5, 2006
412 posts
221 upvotes
mimo86 wrote: this sucks I was really looking forward to this and then the agent told me my IPHONE 6 wont work with it!! :mad:
why not? iphone 6 takes nano sim, right? and the rogers site offers suretap LTE nano SIM...
Jun 19, 2013
95 posts
3 upvotes
Shilo, Mb
Thanked! Ordered one and advised it will be mailed to me within 7-10 days :D very excited to try this!
Jul 13, 2006
225 posts
88 upvotes
Richmond Hill
does that function require 3g network?
Apr 29, 2006
422 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
kevwo wrote: why not? iphone 6 takes nano sim, right? and the rogers site offers suretap LTE nano SIM...
they said its not set up for iphone's yet!
Aug 20, 2003
493 posts
351 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP, called and ordered one.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
. The sim card itseld doesnt require data connection, but the td app requires data connection.
mimo86 wrote: this sucks I was really looking forward to this and then the agent told me my IPHONE 6 wont work with it!! :mad:
Since iPhone uses its own Apply Pay function, it will not work with Suretap.
softech wrote: anyone know if suretap require data? i have a smart phone with no data plan.. would it work?
catcatcat wrote: does that function require 3g network?
It should work without data. It's just requires NFC on your phone.

The sim card itself doesnt require data connection, but the td mobile payment requires data connection. Didn't try suretap app.

Though the agent may check your phone model and plan before giving it out.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
Placed the order on Nov 5 and received the card today (Nov 7)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Got my sim in 24hrs of making the call (UPS priority ftw).
Having trouble setting it up on my Note3, but was able to get it working on my work issued Q10.

Now just waiting for confirmation on the card activation.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
BB88 wrote: Since iPhone uses its own Apply Pay function, it will not work with Suretap.

It should work without data. It's just requires NFC on your phone.

Though the agent may check your phone model and plan before giving it out.
Does not work without a "data" connection.
I had to disable wifi to set it up.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Does not work without a "data" connection.
I had to disable wifi to set it up.
The sim card itself doesnt require data connection, but the td mobile payment requires data connection. Didn't try suretap app.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
BB88 wrote: The sim card itself doesnt require data connection, but the td mobile payment requires data connection. Didn't try suretap app.
Yup, when I was reading through the fine prints...something about TD collecting information such as device ID, IMEI, location, phone number, details of transactions etc...

Probably not a good idea for that type of information to flow through wifi, thus requiring a mobile data connection.
Nov 7, 2008
543 posts
322 upvotes
Vancouver
Are prepaid/PAYG customers eligible for this as well?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)