None
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3138 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
RolandCouch wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 10:39 am
The port where I'm plugging in my LAN cable is apparently only capable of 100Mbps. I guess it isn't a sure thing that my computer can handle Gigabit even if I put a new card into the PCIe 16?

Thanks for replying
Do you know your computer specs? It just seems so odd considering even my old 2006 AMD computer had gigabit ethernet but you supposedly have PCI-E x16 slots. As long as it's a dual core and above, you should be fine.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
4824 posts
939 upvotes
Brampton
SickBeast wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 11:11 am
No, don't hard reset your modem like @Mayoo keeps saying. In many cases that will cause the modem to revert to the previous firmware. If anything maybe power cycle it once, but I don't even think that is necessary. I have had the .31 firmware pushed. Just be patient. It's going to take about a week. They're going to send you messages asking for your consent etc.
@SickBeast .. Let me clarify .. i meant to say Hard Reboot. Meaning, you unplug the power and wait 1min and re-plug. I have been told by Senior Network Architect who runs the beta program to perform this step.

FYI
Soft Reboot - From the URL you click on Reboot
Hard Reboot - Unplug wait 1min and re plug

@SickBeast Read my post again.. i never said Hard Reset :) http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-g ... #p28061939
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2159 posts
372 upvotes
Guelph
Just recently got Gigabit and Popular TV bundle for $105+ taxes (crazy deal for an existing customer - long story)... But I'm only getting at best ~300mbps down. Signals is between -11dBmV and -7dBmV (thanks to reading all the info in this looong thread). So now waiting for a tech to come on out and fix 'er up. Chat support conversation was quite short after I mentioned the signals. Hopefully they can get me up to speed as advertised. 800-900mbps and I'd be more than happy.
Macreo Photography
Weddings | Commercial | Events | 360° Virtuals
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10014 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Guys,

If for some reason your modem is acting iffy... ie. cannot access certain web pages, cannot stream from sites like ytube or just slow overall when other times it's very quick you maybe experiencing an ipv6 error. All coda modems are factory set to "dual". Not all web servers are updated to ipv6 from ipv4. When modem hits a server using ipv4 expecting an ipv6, it results in blank browser screen, cannot find server error or continuous logging in to server xyz with blank results.

Solution: Go into modem admin under gateway function. HIT ipv4. Done. Solves the problem.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Mar 17, 2015
73 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 2:01 am
Guys,

If for some reason your modem is acting iffy... ie. cannot access certain web pages, cannot stream from sites like ytube or just slow overall when other times it's very quick you maybe experiencing an ipv6 error. All coda modems are factory set to "dual". Not all web servers are updated to ipv6 from ipv4. When modem hits a server using ipv4 expecting an ipv6, it results in blank browser screen, cannot find server error or continuous logging in to server xyz with blank results.

Solution: Go into modem admin under gateway function. HIT ipv4. Done. Solves the problem.
Thanks, does this disable ipv6? I can't get a match in NHL 18 and FIFA 17. Supposedly this is because of ipv6...
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10014 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
habs365 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 11:12 am
Thanks, does this disable ipv6? I can't get a match in NHL 18 and FIFA 17. Supposedly this is because of ipv6...
Are you saying ipv4 is set in modem and you cant get ipv6?? They shud be backwards compatible meaning ipv4 shud get those sites as do ipv6.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4884 posts
1725 upvotes
mparsons wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 5:07 pm
I think 500 over wifi is extremely acceptable. Way too many variables that can slow down wifi. (and maybe not a popular opinion, but even 500 over wired is acceptable imo, yes its not "gigabit", but cmon, its still waaaay fast)

Hell, Im usually happy if I get 100+ on my wifi.
casperkid wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 3:21 pm
Just got gigabit and did some speed testing. From what i gather from the posts in this thread, that I should be achieving 800-900 mbps through wired connections. However for wireless, it seems like people are getting a variety of speeds. Would you say that around 500 mbps is an acceptable average? I'm trying to figure out how much I should be testing/tweaking in order to achieve an acceptable speed. Looks like lots of different things I can be doing to try to improve the speed, so i can start the process and go from there. Any thoughts?
I'm getting 250 on wireless AC.
Mar 17, 2015
73 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 8:50 am
Are you saying ipv4 is set in modem and you cant get ipv6?? They shud be backwards compatible meaning ipv4 shud get those sites as do ipv6.
A lot of people with Rogers modems have problems where they cannot do a lot of matchmaking with EA Sports games on Xbox or PS4. A lot of people blame it on ipv6. If I remember correctly, you could not disable ipv6 on the other modem, but now you can with Coda.
Following your steps I was able to play 1v1 games on NHL 17/18 for the first time in a looooooong time. Thank you!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm on .33 firmware on my CODA 4582. For the past few days, I have been experiencing reboots of the modem out of the blue and also losing WiFi completely, no time given as to when it will reboot. On the Rogers community forum, a few others are experiencing the same issue. I am pretty certain its firmware related as the last trial firmware .33 was solid.

Anyone else on this forum experiencing the same?
Apr 22, 2015
92 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ninety5teg wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 10:31 pm
I'm on .33 firmware on my CODA 4582. For the past few days, I have been experiencing reboots of the modem out of the blue and also losing WiFi completely, no time given as to when it will reboot. On the Rogers community forum, a few others are experiencing the same issue. I am pretty certain its firmware related as the last trial firmware .33 was solid.

I am having these same issues. I decided to switch to the new one last week since I have not heard of any issues lately but that seems to be a bad move on my part; the old ignite modem was stable for me.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13098 posts
2957 upvotes
Toronto
ninety5teg wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 10:31 pm

So lucky I have resisted doing the upgrade. I am going to stay the course.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
will888 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 9:14 am
So lucky I have resisted doing the upgrade. I am going to stay the course.
Spoke with Rogers tech last night and it seems to be related to the .33 trial firmware that was released...if you are on the original firmware you should be fine...

Also dug up some info regarding the two variants of the Hitron 4582 and 4582U....here is a copy and paste of the chat:

Honestly it is just a release variant hardware wise just more or less Hitron's revisions of the modem, any defective models (which we have marks in past) are mostly recalled now, but yes it only came out a month ago and honestly everything is the same but they've finally 100% fixed some WiFi sheilding issues they had in the very first models, (which even the Hitron CODA 4582-ROG's resolved, so I think they honestly just ran out of a SKU and needed something new in the system, as I both as a technician and a Rogers customer with the CODA 4582u have noticed any variable difference).
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4292 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Would a master reset be required after a firmware upgrade push if my modem is running bridge mode?

TIA
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
4824 posts
939 upvotes
Brampton
Glad i am using separate router and disabled DHCP/Wifi in modem. I am getting faster speeds with latest FW compared to few months ago !!!!

did a test linux download
IMG_20171021_142250.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2430 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
Mayoo wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 2:21 pm
Glad i am using separate router and disabled DHCP/Wifi in modem. I am getting faster speeds with latest FW compared to few months ago !!!!

did a test linux download

IMG_20171021_142250.jpg
NZBGet is a lot better to use than SabNZB, both for speed and automation.

I hit around 92 MB/s with NZBGet, using two providers and multiple connections.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Babaganush11