• Nov 19th, 2017 4:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
2672 posts
181 upvotes
North Etobicoke
Can anyone give the correct Instruction to set the CODA modem in Bridge mode.
Initially it was "Disable Residential Gateway" now that does not work. The router cannot sync with the modem
Next the say turn off wireless only, Have not tried this as yet, will do tonight as the disable gateway did not work and I put back the CODA only.
Next on the net I saw turn of wireless and dchp. I at a loss here. Forget about calling Rogers, by the time you're finished they will f it up even more.
The router is RT-AC1750, if anyone is using this with the CODA in bridge mode, please let me know what your setting are.
TIA
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3235 posts
392 upvotes
Menthol wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 9:33 am
Can anyone give the correct Instruction to set the CODA modem in Bridge mode.
Initially it was "Disable Residential Gateway" now that does not work. The router cannot sync with the modem
Next the say turn off wireless only, Have not tried this as yet, will do tonight as the disable gateway did not work and I put back the CODA only.
Next on the net I saw turn of wireless and dchp. I at a loss here. Forget about calling Rogers, by the time you're finished they will f it up even more.
The router is RT-AC1750, if anyone is using this with the CODA in bridge mode, please let me know what your setting are.
TIA
I'm interested in this too.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
2672 posts
181 upvotes
North Etobicoke
swales wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 8:39 am
I'm interested in this too.
From Rogers community forums
1. Log into the modem, navigate to the BASIC .... GATEWAY FUNCTION tab.
2. Disable the Residential Gateway Function.
3. Save the setting.

The modem will reboot into Bridge mode.

4. If you're arriving from another ISP or from another modem, run a factory reset on the router to clear out the previous settings that were used with the previous modem.
5. After the factory reset, reboot the router with the ethernet cable connected from the modem's bottom port to the WAN port of the router.

The router should pick up its IP address from the modem after the router reboot is complete.
Have a look at the back of the modem, specifically the connected port LED. It should be flashing amber indicating a 1 Gb/s connection with the router. A green flashing LED indicates a 10/100 Mb/s connection. Those colours as used on the Hitron modems appear to be backwards when compared to every other device in use.

If for some reason, you can see via the connected port LED that the modem and router are communicating at 1 Gb/s as expected, but, the router doesn't pick up an IP address, leave the router powered up and restart the modem. Pull the power from the modem, and 10 to 15 seconds later plug it back in to force a restart. I've noticed on my 4582 that plugging a pc into the modem, with the modem up and running in Bridge mode, results in no IP address on the pc. So a modem restart usually resolves that. The restart shouldn't be required, but, it appears that there is some issue these days with the DHCP server in the modem.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3235 posts
392 upvotes
Menthol wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 3:59 pm
3. Save the setting.

4. If you're arriving from another ISP or from another modem, run a factory reset on the router to clear out the previous settings that were used with the previous modem.
5. After the factory reset, reboot the router with the ethernet cable connected from the modem's bottom port to the WAN port of the router.

The router should pick up its IP address from the modem after the router reboot is complete.
Have a look at the back of the modem, specifically the connected port LED. It should be flashing amber indicating a 1 Gb/s connection with the router. A green flashing LED indicates a 10/100 Mb/s connection. Those colours as used on the Hitron modems appear to be backwards when compared to every other device in use.

If for some reason, you can see via the connected port LED that the modem and router are communicating at 1 Gb/s as expected, but, the router doesn't pick up an IP address, leave the router powered up and restart the modem. Pull the power from the modem, and 10 to 15 seconds later plug it back in to force a restart. I've noticed on my 4582 that plugging a pc into the modem, with the modem up and running in Bridge mode, results in no IP address on the pc. So a modem restart usually resolves that. The restart shouldn't be required, but, it appears that there is some issue these days with the DHCP server in the modem.
Great info! Thanks
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13100 posts
2959 upvotes
Toronto
Menthol wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 3:59 pm
3. Save the setting.

These steps for bridge mode are identical to that for the older hitron model.
May 3, 2005
984 posts
63 upvotes
Woodbridge
Hi everyone. I'm going to be signing up for a Rogers internet connection and was just wondering a couple of things. I'm with Fido internet right now so is it ok to just swap out the modem with Rogers' an the service should work fine? Secondly, I plan on putting the modem into bridge mode as I use a pfsense firewall. Does Rogers now support IPv6? If so, is the LAN assignment a permanent one or does it cycle the prefix similar to how your WAN IP changes from time to time? Wouldn't mind if I could hard code a couple of devices on the LAN with an IPv6 address instead of having to use SLACC or DHCPv6.

Lobo
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10017 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
lobo wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:14 pm
Hi everyone. I'm going to be signing up for a Rogers internet connection and was just wondering a couple of things. I'm with Fido internet right now so is it ok to just swap out the modem with Rogers' an the service should work fine? Secondly, I plan on putting the modem into bridge mode as I use a pfsense firewall. Does Rogers now support IPv6? If so, is the LAN assignment a permanent one or does it cycle the prefix similar to how your WAN IP changes from time to time? Wouldn't mind if I could hard code a couple of devices on the LAN with an IPv6 address instead of having to use SLACC or DHCPv6.

Lobo
Rogers tech support. Call them first for compatibility.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10476 posts
3793 upvotes
Anyone else noticing lots of slowdowns on Rogers internet lately? I'm getting tons of lag. YouTube videos keep buffering, sometimes there will be a big delay before websites load, Tidal music streaming is lagging. I think I will call them. They promised me a bill credit for the months the service was bad. I have never had the full gigabit speed. I'm going to complain.
Last edited by SickBeast on Nov 4th, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10017 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
SickBeast wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 5:55 pm
Anyone else noticing lots of slowdowns on Rogers internet lately? I'm getting tons of lag. YouTube videos keep buffering, sometimes there will be a big deal before websites load, Tidal music streaming is lagging. I think I will call them. They promised me a bill credit for the months the service was bad. I have never had the full gigabit speed. I'm going to complain.
Yea, I'm noticing the modem going off and on every few hrs since update to fw .33. WTF?? Gonna call tech.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10476 posts
3793 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 7:43 pm
Yea, I'm noticing the modem going off and on every few hrs since update to fw .33. WTF?? Gonna call tech.
Please let me know what they say.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2577 posts
457 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 7:43 pm
This is with latest modem [grey silver colour]? Been delaying changing our older hitron and was going to this week but may delay now.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10017 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
georvu wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 9:19 pm
This is with latest modem [grey silver colour]? Been delaying changing our older hitron and was going to this week but may delay now.
No. Coda I have is white. 2nd round from feb I believe...
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10017 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
SickBeast wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 8:53 pm
Please let me know what they say.
Tech said diagnostics show nothing, everything is normal with the modem. No flapping, interference, noise, signal drop off with coaxial cable either, etc. He said he optimized the modem so it shouldnt happen again. But if it does knowing robbers... to get an escalation ticket. My bet it's the fw .33 doing it. That's when it started coupla days back.
Feb 4, 2017
173 posts
125 upvotes
I am on .28T2 and don't have any issues with my internet. Most likely your beta firmware.
Apr 30, 2009
188 posts
11 upvotes
I've been trying Rogers gigabit for months with speeds nowhere close to it. They need to stop scamming people. Time to "upgrade" back to their 250mbps which was working faster than this bullshit gigabit plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)