• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2010 8:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
4704 posts
163 upvotes
cluless wrote: We had issues with the 8300 HD-PVR (had it changed out 4 times) and then got it changed over to the newer model Cisco 8642 HD-PVR. Still encountering some issues when viewing recorded shows such as:

-pixelation/fragmented screens
-pockets of loss audio
-video scrambling

Since having this newer box, we've changed it out 3 times now and every single time, we encounter the exact same issues. Rogers' had us reset the box, technicians came out to check the line multiple times but still to no avail.

Upon own further investigation, it appears (so far for us) that the above mentioned issues only happen with certain channels that are pre-recorded.

Don't know if any one else is experiencing similar?

Do you have a good quality co-axial cable without splitters coming directly off a Rogers installed outlet? That was always a factor, but the new software seems to be even more sensitive to it.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2722 posts
1754 upvotes
Toronto
time space wrote: Do you have a good quality co-axial cable without splitters coming directly off a Rogers installed outlet? That was always a factor, but the new software seems to be even more sensitive to it.

Yes I have a good coaxial cable. It's a direct connection to the box and no splitters. Even the Rogers technician tested the cable line and said there is no issue with the cable itself.

We've been trying to keep a closer eye on the channels that we record from as when viewing afterwards, not all the problems always happen and it appears to be on certain shows which is why we think it may be specific to certain channels. For instance, movie channels seem fine but soap opera on channel (can't recall right now) exhibit the above problems.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
4704 posts
163 upvotes
cluless wrote: Yes I have a good coaxial cable. It's a direct connection to the box and no splitters. Even the Rogers technician tested the cable line and said there is no issue with the cable itself.

I guess it's not that then.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
rjarnold wrote: I have had several issues with the upgrade as well. Different picture sizes, lobby watch channel does not work. When I called them they told me that all of the issues will be fixed in the near future!?? Why not wait until everything is working before forcing us into an upgrade!!
Hopefully you don't have or get a new box because they do not support the lobby watch channel...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
i'm gonna try to exchange my box tomorrow at a Rogers store.

like someone else mentioned, mine powers up whenever it feels like and it's pretty loud. especially when i'm trying to sleep, it gets annoying.