Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers Home Phone starting at $10

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2015 4:50 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes

[Rogers] Rogers Home Phone starting at $10

I posted this in the Rogers Cable/Internet thread, but since it technically isn't tied to those services I'll post a new thread too.

Rogers has a promo on for new customers for Home Phone.
Essentials: regular $31, promo $10
Favorites: regular $41, promo $15
Deluxe: regular $46, promo $20

Pretty good value. Better than anything retentions is offering. Requires a 2 year contract. $5 for 500 North American long distance available as an add-on.

Essentials is their basic service, gets you just a phone line. Favorites includes any two calling features, normally $6-$7 each. Deluxe includes 6 calling features.

For customers without RHP, call 1-866-569-5315 ($50 installation fee). For existing customers, call the regular 1-888-ROGERS1 number and reference the SRU plan. It's supposed to be for new customers, but existing customers are currently being allowed to switch, YMMV. From what I was told, you can choose one and change to any other during the 2 years and keep the promo pricing. So, if you pick the deluxe now, you can switch to the Essentials for $10 later. I am a little skeptical of this, but another rep confirmed it.

More expensive than most VOIP options and some smaller telcos, but seems to be substantially the cheapest available from any of the major telcos including their retentions depts.

Edit: at least one rep has mentioned this offer will expire March 31.
Edit 2: Some people are being told that they must have either Rogers cable TV or internet to take advantage of this plan.
Edit 3: Ontario only. $50 install fee for new customers seems to be easily waived upon request.
548 replies
Jan 2, 2012
260 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
ceredon wrote: I posted this in the Rogers Cable/Internet thread, but since it technically isn't tied to those services I'll post a new thread too.

Rogers has a promo on for new customers for Home Phone.
Essentials: regular $31, promo $10
Favorites: regular $41, promo $15
Deluxe: regular $46, promo $20

Pretty good value. Better than anything retentions is offering. Requires a 2 year contract. $5 for 500 North American long distance available as an add-on.

Essentials is their basic service, gets you just a phone line. Favorites includes any two calling features, normally $6-$7 each. Deluxe includes 6 calling features.

For customers without RHP, call 1-866-569-5315 ($50 installation fee). For existing customers, call the regular 1-888-ROGERS1 number and reference the SRU plan. It's supposed to be for new customers, but existing customers are currently being allowed to switch, YMMV. From what I was told, you can choose one and change to any other during the 2 years and keep the promo pricing. So, if you pick the deluxe now, you can switch to the Essentials for $10 later. I am a little skeptical of this, but another rep confirmed it.

More expensive than most VOIP options and some smaller telcos, but seems to be substantially the cheapest available from any of the major telcos including their retentions depts.
where and how do I get this deal? is there a Link?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
You call in using the numbers provided. It is unadvertised (well, at least unadvertised online. They sent out mailings to some cable/internet customers.)

To see the details of the plans, just go to rogers.com. But that will show the retail pricing.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1128 posts
276 upvotes
Thanks OP, just save me some money! Just confirmed it works for existing customers as I mentioned that I was made aware of the promotion and wanted to avail of it. It seems the Rogers reps are aware of the promotion, so I suggest on jumping on it if you want your bill to be lower for at least 2 years
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I'll just stick to nettalk at 40 dollars a year including north american LD etc. It pretty much just works for me for the last 1+ years.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7773 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
This is a real landline, not VoIP?

The promo price holds for the whole contract period?

If yes, then hot. Might switch from Primus.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
Inno wrote: This is a real landline, not VoIP?

The promo price holds for the whole contract period?

If yes, then hot. Might switch from Primus.
It is not considered VOIP, though it is still network based. Any packets travel only on their private network, not the public internet. For all intents and purposes it is POTS. For instance, if you have a security service that requires a POTS phone line, this will qualify.

Promo pricing is good for two years.* Prices are all inclusive, except for taxes. So no SAF or NAF or BSF added on top.

*Doesn't mean rates won't go up, but they are not intro prices, they are term prices. If they raise rates you should be able to get out of the contract since that is a modification of the terms of the contract.
Dec 10, 2008
895 posts
130 upvotes
I just called and they told me it's a 2 year contract. I was interested in $15 one but the promo price is only for the first year, second year the price will go up to $40.91
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7773 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks.

I need to have a landlIne for my Acanac DSL. Will this switch require me to have a dry loop installed for my DSL at extra cost?

I see that their version of Bell's Ident-a-call (Distinctive Ring) is "a la carte only". Wonder if that means it can't be included ad one of the six Deluxe features?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto
Would Teksavvy Cable and Rogers Home Phone interfere with eachother?

I don't think so but I rather confirm now then have issues if I do switch.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
Inno wrote: Thanks.

I need to have a landlIne for my Acanac DSL. Will this switch require me to have a dry loop installed for my DSL at extra cost?
I believe so.
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal ... _homephone says: "Rogers Home Phone uses the same, secure Rogers cable lines to deliver your phone service. Simply put, instead of getting your phone service over the telephone company wires, you'll get it through Rogers lines."

(A "dry loop" is not something that is installed. The monthly dry loop fee is charged on DSL services delivered over telephone lines that do not have the phone service active. I assume you already have the telephone lines coming into your home.)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
adiprince1 wrote: I just called and they told me it's a 2 year contract. I was interested in $15 one but the promo price is only for the first year, second year the price will go up to $40.91
Agent said 2 year contract prices, those are prices for the whole duration, NOT for one year only.
Agent confirmed this with me yesterday - so, one of them is mistaken.
Anyone else have confirmation?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
onlineharvest wrote: Agent said 2 year contract prices, those are prices for the whole duration, NOT for one year only.
Agent confirmed this with me yesterday - so, one of them is mistaken.
Anyone else have confirmation?
The advert I received says:
"Switch to Rogers Home Phone Favorites for $14.99 for 2 yrs with a 2 yr plan. Includes all monthly fees"
"This price is guaranteed for 2 years"
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
Inno wrote: Thanks.

I see that their version of Bell's Ident-a-call (Distinctive Ring) is "a la carte only". Wonder if that means it can't be included ad one of the six Deluxe features?
I think it is also a part of their Home and Away Call Manager feature, which should be eligible as one of the included features.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
icemasta wrote: Would Teksavvy Cable and Rogers Home Phone interfere with eachother?

I don't think so but I rather confirm now then have issues if I do switch.
shouldn't.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
ceredon wrote: The advert I received says:
"Switch to Rogers Home Phone Favorites for $14.99 for 2 yrs with a 2 yr plan. Includes all monthly fees"
"This price is guaranteed for 2 years"
Great, thanks!
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
adiprince1 wrote: I just called and they told me it's a 2 year contract. I was interested in $15 one but the promo price is only for the first year, second year the price will go up to $40.91
call again.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7773 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Rehan wrote: I believe so.
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal ... _homephone says: "Rogers Home Phone uses the same, secure Rogers cable lines to deliver your phone service. Simply put, instead of getting your phone service over the telephone company wires, you'll get it through Rogers lines."

(A "dry loop" is not something that is installed. The monthly dry loop fee is charged on DSL services delivered over telephone lines that do not have the phone service active. I assume you already have the telephone lines coming into your home.)
I understand that it's not physically installed. But I will be charged the monthly fee if I give up my real landline is what you are saying.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7773 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Rehan wrote: I believe so.

I don't have Rogers cable now, so I guess they would install a cable and provide some kind of connection to the existing phone jack system in my house?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
Inno wrote: I understand that it's not physically installed. But I will be charged the monthly fee if I give up my real landline is what you are saying.
I think you will be charged the dry loop fee. Could call your ISP to confirm. Even if they do, I guess it depends on how much it is compared to how much you would save with the RHP. See which way you are ahead and by how much.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)