Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Locked: Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 11:16 am
Nov 23, 2016
115 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto

[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

(FYI. I got called directly from Rogers; The idea is if the plan is available in their system, any customer relationship representative can sign you up. My two addresses signed up for the deal, one address is in Vaughan, the other in Waterloo)
I just got off the phone with Rogers which offered the 500U internet at 25 bucks. I was able to add another rental property address in Waterloo. Both addresses were not qualified for this offer back in May/June. My Rogers online account reflects the new 500U service instantly and tech is coming today as well. I had been with Rogers for two years and switched to Carrytel recently. From all I can tell they are eagerly wanting lost customers back. I attached a snippet of the order confirmation from Rogers.
For more details please see the summary below (Thank all RFDers input).
This deal is still live as of Dec 10, 2018, and is good for both new and existing users. It's not area or building type restricted.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Last edited by sweetcheese on Dec 10th, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
This is for those who are interested in new deal of Rogers 500u cable connection:

1) Although this is a win-back offering to those who recently cancelled Rogers service, anyone can get this deal as it exits in the Rogers system. So far, we have seen different opinions whether this is limited to specific areas or building type (i.e. new condos).

2) To get the deal, the best is start a chat on Rogers Facebook and indicate the $25 offer. It's unlikely they will give you the price right way, so ask for the manager. If you still don't get the price, you will probably end up somewhere within the $50 range. Call 1-855-201-9547 to schedule a cancellation one week after, and you shall be getting a win-back call.

3) Depending on the customer service, you will get either $30 or $25 for 500u; If you refuse the offer, Rogers will likely offer you 3-months free as well.
2300 replies
Jul 8, 2007
630 posts
142 upvotes
Did they call you for this offer (Wingback) or is this something you called in and were offered?
Silly Rabbit, Trix are for Kids!
Jul 19, 2008
33 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Dang I just finished dealing with rogers 2 days ago and just as I was about to cancel my rogers internet they gave me 500u for $40 a month. I guess to get the $25 a month you have to full out cancel and wait for a call back to retrieve their lost customer LOL?
Oct 29, 2016
316 posts
137 upvotes
Per the image, this is only a 12 month promo.
How I understand Rogers now is that they also don't lock in your gross price anymore like they used to.
It's like Bell now where the price can increase anytime, but the discount is guaranteed.

That said, great deal for one year. Take it and churn something else next year.
Nov 24, 2014
386 posts
368 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
It's that time again folks..

Mar 4, 2011
125 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
so what number a person should call to get this deal ? is this waterloo specific ?
Jul 25, 2018
84 posts
194 upvotes
I dont even think those speeds are possible in my area
Nov 23, 2016
115 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
hasmu wrote: so what number a person should call to get this deal ? is this waterloo specific ?
From Rogers team directly; I signed up two address, Vaughan and Waterloo
Nov 23, 2016
115 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
bengigan wrote: Per the image, this is only a 12 month promo.
How I understand Rogers now is that they also don't lock in your gross price anymore like they used to.
It's like Bell now where the price can increase anytime, but the discount is guaranteed.

That said, great deal for one year. Take it and churn something else next year.
Ya. Same for May/June deal. It's an one year promo. But why 75M if you can have 500M. For all RFDers this shouldn't be new.
May 4, 2008
518 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Got this myself after my BIL got offered it. He had the Rogers winback team call me and offered this deal along with 3 months free. Smoking deal and I jumped on it. Am currently with Carrytel, but will be cancelling shortly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
No go for me as i tried to change my existing plan to that deal.

Does one have to be 'called' by Rogers to be applicable for offer?
Last edited by trixR4kids on Aug 3rd, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 24, 2014
386 posts
368 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
trixR4kids wrote: No go for me as i tried to change my exisiting plan to that deal.
keep trying different reps
Jul 4, 2017
799 posts
309 upvotes
Is this Ontario only?
Apr 11, 2018
13 posts
21 upvotes
Tried few times no luck
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1479 posts
85 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Is there a special phone number to call?
Oct 27, 2009
219 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto, ON, Canada
First rep basically laughed at me when i asked for the deal and ended the call.

Second try, guy said i was eligible then at the end said i wasn't because of my postal code, but would offer $45 instead. After some haggling and a transfer to loyalty dept. I finally got it for $25+tax and $15 activation fee (500mbps, unltd dl, modem rental included) for one year. This was a new activation, with no previous Rogers services in a house in Toronto. Only took 2 hours...

Thanks OP! Was a bummer not to get it last time around even after 5 tries. Red hot deal, even if it does mean I'm doing business with Ragers.
Last edited by pvdv on Aug 3rd, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 20, 2016
294 posts
195 upvotes
Ontario
Agent looked into it for me, said it’s postal code restricted.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2550 posts
1070 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone who already has $25 for 500gb for 1 year from last time (few months ago), try to call in to extend it even further with this promo? Shouldn't need postal code since you already received the original $25 for 500gb.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1897 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
Does this work for new customers?
Jan 27, 2015
103 posts
34 upvotes
Courtice, ON
Is this one for condo or house?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)