• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2018 11:02 pm
[OP]
Nov 23, 2016
67 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto

[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

(FYI. I got called directly from Rogers; The idea is if the plan is available in their system, any customer relationship representative can sign you up. My two addresses signed up for the deal, one address is in Vaughan, the other in Waterloo)
I just got off the phone with Rogers which offered the 500U internet at 25 bucks. I was able to add another rental property address in Waterloo. Both addresses were not qualified for this offer back in May/June. My Rogers online account reflects the new 500U service instantly and tech is coming today as well. I had been with Rogers for two years and switched to Carrytel recently. From all I can tell they are eagerly wanting lost customers back. I attached a snippet of the order confirmation from Rogers.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Last edited by sweetcheese on Aug 3rd, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
This is for those who are interested in new deal of Rogers 500u cable connection:

1)Rogers student deal for tier 500u is currently $75/month.

2)Those who are currently/specifically Rogers present wireless clients(Postpaid cell phone plans,not prepaid) are eligible for tire 500u for $25/month.This is also for specific postal codes that Rogers randomly tosses promotion offer,meaning not everyone who has postpaid cellphone plans may receive a call to get this deal.

3)Those who have TV connection with Rogers(not sure of its kind),or have the same 500u cable connection for higher prices,may receive promotion offers for 500u for $35/month.This is postal code & targeted previous client/s exclusively,meaning Rogers randomly tosses papers/emails to specific residential areas/homes.That means you may check that you are eligible for 500u cable connection service in your area,but you may only receive it either for normal price tag($128/month)or student deal(new customers)price tag($75).

I hope this helps.In my case,my residential building has an specific Rogers agent who I contacted with(face to face) to see this deal is available.There was not,but I received aforementioned info that I hope helps things clear up for you guys.
384 replies
Jul 8, 2007
552 posts
89 upvotes
Did they call you for this offer (Wingback) or is this something you called in and were offered?
Silly Rabbit, Trix are for Kids!
Jul 19, 2008
13 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Dang I just finished dealing with rogers 2 days ago and just as I was about to cancel my rogers internet they gave me 500u for $40 a month. I guess to get the $25 a month you have to full out cancel and wait for a call back to retrieve their lost customer LOL?
Oct 29, 2016
258 posts
80 upvotes
Per the image, this is only a 12 month promo.
How I understand Rogers now is that they also don't lock in your gross price anymore like they used to.
It's like Bell now where the price can increase anytime, but the discount is guaranteed.

That said, great deal for one year. Take it and churn something else next year.
Mar 4, 2011
88 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
so what number a person should call to get this deal ? is this waterloo specific ?
Jul 25, 2018
9 posts
18 upvotes
I dont even think those speeds are possible in my area
[OP]
Nov 23, 2016
67 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
hasmu wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 3:00 pm
so what number a person should call to get this deal ? is this waterloo specific ?
From Rogers team directly; I signed up two address, Vaughan and Waterloo
[OP]
Nov 23, 2016
67 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
bengigan wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 2:54 pm
Per the image, this is only a 12 month promo.
How I understand Rogers now is that they also don't lock in your gross price anymore like they used to.
It's like Bell now where the price can increase anytime, but the discount is guaranteed.

That said, great deal for one year. Take it and churn something else next year.
Ya. Same for May/June deal. It's an one year promo. But why 75M if you can have 500M. For all RFDers this shouldn't be new.
May 4, 2008
298 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Got this myself after my BIL got offered it. He had the Rogers winback team call me and offered this deal along with 3 months free. Smoking deal and I jumped on it. Am currently with Carrytel, but will be cancelling shortly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7113 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
No go for me as i tried to change my existing plan to that deal.

Does one have to be 'called' by Rogers to be applicable for offer?
Last edited by trixR4kids on Aug 3rd, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 24, 2014
285 posts
195 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
trixR4kids wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 3:44 pm
No go for me as i tried to change my exisiting plan to that deal.
keep trying different reps

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)